Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A new off road driving game is set to appear later this year - introducing the rugged off-road challenge that is set to be OVERPASS.

Featuring licenced manufacturers, high end graphics and what developers Zordix Racing promises to be realistic physics and driving behaviour that requires the player to apply equal measures of patience, strategy and skill - this could well prove an interesting simulation of intense off road obstacle course driving... interesting.

Backed by Bigben Interactive as publisher, it certainly has solid credentials to deliver on the promise displayed by the admittedly impressive looking trailer featured at the head of this article. Although much in the way of detail remains to be filled about the title, I for one am certainly going to be keeping a close eye on this as it develops between now and release day in October 2019.

Let's pray for solid wheel support!

Overpass Announcement 1.jpg
Overpass Announcement 2.jpg

OVERPASS Key Features

• A completely new, extreme off-road experience
  • Over 20 vehicles from top manufacturers, such as Yamaha, Arctic Cat and Suzuki
  • Realistic physics gives each vehicle and terrain unique characteristics
  • Over 40 technically demanding tracks across 6 environments with their own specific challenges
  • A full Career Mode: attract sponsors, manage your vehicles and organize your calendar to dominate the season
  • Local and online multiplayer modes, including a split screen mode, to share the experience and to challenge yourself against other players

Overpass Announcement 3.jpg
Overpass Announcement 4.jpg
Overpass Announcement 5.jpg

Overpass is set to release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC October 2019.

To keep in touch with the latest news and discussion regarding this new game, be sure to check out the soon to be released Overpass Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment, and never miss a thing.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Hehe my guess is that iRacing is fuming and cursing they didnt get this idea first.
As a folower up on their dirt track series.
But maybe their "advanced" tire model cant handle this:roflmao:

I found another youtube clip about a new off-road racing game. It is probably not Overpass?

If this is not Overpass (almost certain it is not), does anyone know which game this is?

• Deleted member 197115

I found another youtube clip about a new off-road racing game. It is probably not Overpass?

If this is not Overpass (almost certain it is not), does anyone know which game this is?
I am sure I saw that somewhere. Oh, yeah.

As one of the posters says under the YouTube video, it seems to just be Just Cause 4 with most of the HUD switched off.

yup, speedometer is from just cause 4, but car itself seems different from vanilla game so its probably a mod or different game (some comments would suggest that) on avalanche engine

as for the topic, i need 1min per year dose of offroading so i guess mudrunner/spintires and beamng would do but ill keep an eye on it

I really wish for offroad exploaration game like oldschool 1nsane, but nowadays they just don't make fun physics. Well ofcourse there is beamng and Spintires.

Looks interesting, my only gripe is that it seems to pass over obstacles very quickly and not technical as it should. For now crawling in Mudrunner with 4x4 mods is my only go to offroad experience. And quite a good one I might say.

If the Overpass devs are reading this; motion telemetry please ;) There's a whole community of SFX-100 motion platform builders that would no doubt love this.
When I read about this game the first thing I thought was VR, followed closely by SFX100, even though I haven't even finished building mine yet.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 273 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 399 40.0%