Off-Road Drive

Off-Road Drive

Platforms: PC, Xbox 360

Off-Road Drive is the next title in the famous off-road driving simulation series.

Cross-country driving in specially tuned Sport Utility Vehicles (SUVs) is the real challenge for determined and tough extreme sports drivers. This sport becomes more and more popular across the world every day.

Off-Road Drive lets players participate in various international competitions never seen before in a video game. All virtual contests are the exact duplicates of the real ones, including various extreme driving and use of the rules established by the international auto sports federations.

Vehicles in the game have the same features as the real prototypes. Each one belongs to a certain class suitable for certain competitions and fully complies with the international requirements. While completing the tracks in varying difficulties, players not only control the speed and heading of the vehicle, but locking the main, front and rear differential gears, using the winch, shifting into low gear and adjusting tire pressure.

Key features:

State-of-the-art Unreal Engine 3 provides for stunning visuals and a realistic physics model: off-road vehicle behavior is simulated using real-world parameters, including vehicle suspension type and resistance of the environment. Depending on driver actions, the vehicle can bog down, stall or skid.
New specially modified off-road vehicles, including exotic ones like the Russian UAZ.
Unprecedented tuning abilities: compressor for adjusting tire pressure, winch, snorkel, suspension lifting and others.
Various international competitions including Petronas Suvium Silverstone Challenge in Thailand, the largest Russian Ladoga-trophy raid and many more.
Dozens of the hardest tracks with plenty of difficult obstacles such as swamps, mud, water bodies, steep slopes, quick sands and rock blockages.
Various multiplayer modes via Internet and LAN.

http://www.offroad-game.com/index.php

• Deleted member 38664

How many Off-Road SIM games are there out there that weren't done on a dime?

this looks quite interesting.. a great concept and I wonder if there will be an option to have to camera like that as we are going around the track? :D may get abit annoying sometimes though.
Will keep my eye out for this one!

Off-Road Drive - awesome terrain - needs bikes!

I love this game, but it has some quirks! :rolleyes:
I would love to run DIRT BIKES and QUADS in it!

It is a strange brew of arcade fun and slightly sim racing that is fun as all hell.
It could have used a little more refinement to the menu and garage, but the terrain just kicks butt!

If this game had a baby with MX vs ATV Reflex, I would play it for years!
It is missing FREE ROAM mode and a TRACK EDITOR + DIRT BIKE MODELS!

I want a project like CARS for OFF-ROAD with DIRT BIKES! :cool:
Ideally supports free roam riding + track and race editor, object imports, etc.
Ideally supports multi-player / FPS quake style browser + auto "map" downloads.
Ideally supports custom bike + rider skins + auto "skin/model" downloads for MP.

I'm VERY glad I bought it and played 6 hours - so far :D
I got it on sale @ 1/2 off here - http://store.steampowered.com/app/200230/

YouTube might tell you if you'd like it - it is unique racing!

MX vs ATV Reflex - gameplay:

:)

I got it to work - but it acts like a game pad...
I think the gas & brake are on a split axis vs. separate axis
I was able to map some buttons naturally, but many are gibberish.
I just wanted to play the game, so I accepted the weirdness to begin.
Now that I've played a while, I want to sort out shifting, winching and start w/ 4x4 & locked diffs.

Just to get going, I mapped buttons to what I have - but it does not label them correctly.
- fake example = what would normally be Button 11 shows up as: ?_button_zxf
- - I'll update this later... hopefully I will figure some stuff out in Logitech Profiler

"Off-Road Drive" is available on Steam for cheap. It's a worthwhile rock-crawling title. I picked it up the other day and I have been having a blast with it (in real life, I own a Toyota Tundra TRD Rock Warrior 4x4, so I may lean in that direction).

Here's a shot of me driving the Suzuki Samurai in Thailand:

SamuraiThailand.jpg

Physics are good, vehicles handle like you'd expect on such terrain. You get 20 vehicles, including all the usual suspects, the Samurai pictured above, Jeeps, Land Rovers, Ford Ranger, swamp buggy, and more. There are multiple views, including a decent cockpit driving view and mouse-controlled free camera.

There are maps for Thailand, Africa, Russia, Maylasia, USA, and Australia.

I haven't encountered any bugs with Windows 7, it likes my Radeon R9 280X TOP, it supports my TrackIR5 and it works fine with my Fanatec wheel and pedals. If you're prone to motion sickness, take your Dramamine before you load it up.

There's a good HUD, but I usually dismiss it by pressing F3 as I like immersion. And this title is very immersive. You feel very much like you're really bobbling around in a 4x4 on horrible terrain. Framerates are great, antialiasing is smooth, everything seems to be as it should be.

It looks like it may be highly moddable. It appears to have an editor, though I haven't played with it yet. Modding can also be done with the Unreal3 SDK tools which you can download free. All the config files seem to be out where you can get to them for tweaking. All the editor, config, and SDK stuff is in the game folder or has links in the game folder to download the tools.

There is a bit of a learning curve with differentials, drive ranges, winches, onboard compressor and tire inflation, etc., but the systems modeling is great and it's a lot of fun if you like rock crawling 4x4 racing. Check it out. I think it's a good buy.

Oubaas

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 354 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years