Odyssey VR vs Oculus Rift

Ive got a Rift right now and I sometimes switch back to monitor because the screen-door effect and low res in general is not nice. Is the Samsung HMD Odyssey a big step up? I'm reading 1.78x higher res, so that should be good.

How is the Odyssey with playing in DiRT Rally, AC, R3E, etc? Just as easy to setup?

edit: going from
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/7cvhwc/ordered_a_samsung_odyssey_to_compare_with_the/
and
https://forums.oculusvr.com/communi...s-rift-after-extended-time-w-each-impressions

it seems the higher res is not that noticable :/

Last edited:
I've just received some VRCover like facial cushions. They are pretty comfy on the Pimax and definitely sort out the nose issue. One thing though, I now need to wear it a little differently to get the sweet spot to line up as it did with the stock cushion. I'm sure it will take a little time to get used to it, but it's a little annoying. I might end up getting the head strap too. I found the standard one pretty comfortable. It might allow me to loosen the straps, however, which would be good as the fit I have now is pretty tight. Especially with the thicker cushions.

Upvote 0
I've just received some VRCover like facial cushions. They are pretty comfy on the Pimax and definitely sort out the nose issue. One thing though, I now need to wear it a little differently to get the sweet spot to line up as it did with the stock cushion. I'm sure it will take a little time to get used to it, but it's a little annoying. I might end up getting the head strap too. I found the standard one pretty comfortable. It might allow me to loosen the straps, however, which would be good as the fit I have now is pretty tight. Especially with the thicker cushions.

Which vrcover did you buy?

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 93 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 68 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.1%