Resource icon

Apps Odometer 0.4.2b

Login or Register an account to download this content
It'll only reset if you delete the app. It only saves if AC closes the app cleanly though (my AC's been freezing sometimes recently, not sure why) so at most you lose the distance you drove in the session that crashed. I could modify it to also save between sessions (eg. switching from Q to race in multiplayer and vice versa). I just don't want it writing files while you're playing, causes stutters.

Stereo I got a problem, mine is all red :(:O_o: what I mean is that everything that should be black is dark red colored, while white is ok :O_o: instead of b&w mine is r&w

Great idea! I loved this utility in Gran Turismo 4 :):) bravo! :thumbsup:

That's odd, I've only tested it on my own system though of course - other apps with pictures on them don't have the same issue?

Had to wrack my brains a bit but I think I figured out why some people see it as dark red... AC doesn't reset the graphics context so another app is setting it to draw something red (ui element or whatever) and then mine just continues on that trend. I'll upload a fix once I've packaged it together.

Stereo updated Odometer with a new update entry:

Reset buttons

Added reset button + config option.

config.ini,
reset=trip
- only the left (trip) odometer has a reset button, this is default.
reset=both
- both have separate reset buttons
reset=none
- no reset buttons

Hopefully this covers @Yatta 's use case?

If you don't need this, feel free to not download 0.3, this is the only change from 0.2.2.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Accuracy improvement based on tire size

Apparently the speed I was reading from the API is off by some mystery factor, times the tire radius (for example with a radius of 30.5cm, the factor is 3.45 - I'd have expected it to be 2pi or something, but it's not)

The app can work out this factor once the car's hit 50 fake-units per hour, so around 55-80 km/h (depending on tire size). Once this happens it'll adjust the display to show accurate distances and store the factor for future km logged on that car.

Should just be a matter...

Calibration accuracy

Doing burnouts the first time driving a car could lead to very badly calibrated odometers. This should reduce that problem, although it's still a good idea to set off with a minimum of wheelspin up to 50km/h the first time you drive a car to help it be the most accurate.

If the app has a car calibrated wrong, navigate to the app's folder (steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python\stereo_odometer), open odometers.txt, and in the [Adjustments] section, delete any lines that are wrong...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 91 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing