Oculus support in R3E

Any idea about R3E getting Oculus support in the near future?

I have Life for Speed since years, and it was a big waste of money until this week.... but with the Oculus Rift DK2 support it is just simple amazing, I can't really describe how much is the difference between the driving experience on a monitor or driving in virtual reality... forget about rigs, 1 million monitor setups... it is all useless...

i would really like to see Oculus support in R3E ASAP... :)

It's easier if you don't know what you are missing . . . :sneaky:. We'll try harder to keep it secret . . . not! :)

I keep trying to convince myself that VR's not that great. Every time I turn laps with the DK2, I realize that my efforts have failed once again.

I fumbled my way into an online race 15mins at Monza in the McLaren and it was fantastic. I cant tell you where I came because at the end I didn't get a UI to look and I had to ctrl/alt/dlt out but got into a great battle for a straight 5/6 laps with 2 other cars. If single player was working I'd ditch my main screen right now :)

I've also tried R3E in the Rift. The immersion is fantastic, and the feeling being in the car and on the track is pure awesomeness.
But even with the higher resolution of the DK2, i think the resolution is still too low to constantly race with it. My biggest problem (besides my motion sickness) is, that i can hardly see my brakepoints in the Rift.

I've also tried R3E in the Rift. The immersion is fantastic, and the feeling being in the car and on the track is pure awesomeness.
But even with the higher resolution of the DK2, i think the resolution is still too low to constantly race with it. My biggest problem (besides my motion sickness) is, that i can hardly see my brakepoints in the Rift.
Knowing the track well helps with braking points but, I agree that the resolution needs to be higher for true usability of the Rift. That's an obvious issue and 1440 will help. Hopefully, it'll be enough to make the Rift my main display. Even at this point, once you have used a rift, it's hard to go back to a regular display.

I did have some minor issues with motion-sickness early on but, after a couple of days, it's not a problem and I could race with it for hours given enough time. I can certainly understand the downside feeling ill effects though. The new GTX 900 series GPU has some VR-specific features that may help reduce latency and improve image quality and performance so that may be something to consider.

does someone know if dtm experience is working too ?
if it's the case, i will buy it now because R3E is amazing with the rift

DTM cockpits are amazing in the Oculus Rift...so much depth and detail. You will be very pleased.

EDIT - and if you didn't know or haven't tried, you can race online with the Rift but you cannot exit after a race so you have to ctrl+alt+dlt out at the end, at least I didn't find a way out..but online race was fantastic experience :)

sometimes R3E is crashing, sometimes not,
i spent the afternoon in r3e but now i can't finish one lap and it crash.
anyone knows ?
The devs are looking at some issues but as far as I know there's no set plans for updates just yet (they will come of course). It is only really a nice taster of what's to come so was released as a WIP so is pretty broken/incomplete. Don't give up though ;)

This is exactly what i do for all the mode (ctrl+alt+dlt)
and dtm is amazing, i can't get out of my seat right now, i'm testing every combination possible

Did some more online racing tonight...so amazing ;) and found (should have checked before) that after the race you can press and hold ESCAPE and it'll get you back to menus so you can exit or get back to server list :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back