Oculus support + driver animations

Hello,

Does anyone knows about oculus/vive support? I've read Reiza's boss interview (by RD) , he logically said that it was not a priority because of no existing commercial hardware yet.

Now these supports are (almost) and I cannot find any more info.

Also, playing VR is fully immersive when driver model and arms can be seen inside the car. You modders know if this feature gonna be implemented in AMS, is it possible using ISI gmotor?

Thanks in advance.

I dont believe Reiza is the kind of company who releases new titles every new year
And, as i read somewhere, Iracing did move from dx9 to dx11. So, it is more likely to Reiza make the same move than release another title just to have Oculus support.
I think it will obey market logic: if enough people asks, they will move as quick is possible.

ps: count me in the group of people who wants Oculus support

Last edited:
I dont believe Reiza is the kind of company who releases new titles every new year
Well there is some things we have to consider:
AMS is the crowdfund stuff that would go to SCE.
2017 has 365 days and we are still in March 2016.

It does seem to be a lot of work tho, who knows maybe some things already began and won't be made by 100% Reiza? I did read in ISI forum from Tuttle about DX12:
"In the case of DX12, porting and/or patching the sim from DX9 to DX12, would be like an elephant in a glass store and of course not going to add anything to both performance and visual eyecandy, unless you don't start killing backward compatibility and probably introducing a funny variety of problems, as with such low level of hardware abstraction in the API (that's the core advantage of DX12), developers will have to really pay a mental relationship on hardware level (using the same abstraction on DX12 as DX9 means doing just very bad), and that's 100% possible just starting from a white piece of paper. Developers are already scratching their heads because that tiny layer of abstraction forcing a more strictly talk with specific GPUs/CPUs, to reduce previous DXs bottleneck. "
"DX9 to DX11 it's not the same thing as DX9 to DX12. DX12 it's gonna require a very different (and demanding) approach because of the HAL. "
http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...om-DX9-to-DX10-or-DX11-like-iRacing-did/page5

I edited my post. I think any move Reiza officially do now meant another title will kill automobilista hype.
This is a great f** game. I am almost switching from rf2 only to AMS
Rf2 is great but their developing pace is horrible. Besides that, they never give a clear answer about this.

LFS is DX9 and has very good VR support already so it's totally possible.

Whether or not VR is worth the effort for Reiza at this point remains to be seen but, it's also possible they already have it working in-studio, just not in fully functional form for public release. It may work in-game but, if the menus are not fully usable, it's an exercise in frustration for users and a constant source of support requests for dev's. At any rate, the fact that Reiza have said they plan to support VR is good for the long-term outlook.

LFS as iRacing and R3E are all DX9 and have all a good oculus support, but only for oldest runtime versions (0.6, 0.8 etc). But I've read somewhere that oculus won't support anymore DX9 in CV1 version.

This means oculus support can only be maintened for DX9 sims by using DK2 and oldest runtime softs.

Maybe someone knows if it'll be possible to run CV1 hardware with oldest runtimes or are they imcompatible because of hardware evolution (i mean different head tracking, screen resolution, etc)?

Regarding VR support: see this.
Im getting this message:
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action

Anyway, just when some developer say something about planning to move to dx10, 11... whatever and/or oculus support we will know for sure

edit
os: already read something abou oculus cv1 do not work on dx9 also. Will try to find where

edit 2
DirectX 9 (DX9) Will be Deprecated Starting with Next SDK
Postby cybereality » January 21st, 2015, 10:54 am

Due to API and resource limitations, we’ve decided to deprecate DirectX 9 support and will be removing it from LibOVR in the near future. This will allow us to focus on future work using DirectX 11 and OpenGL that will help deliver a great VR experience on Windows.

Apps that use DirectX 9 will continue to work for the foreseeable future, but they won’t compile in future SDK releases and may have additional runtime latency after we remove DirectX 9 support.
Oculus - Community Manager
https://forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?t=19489

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back