Oculus stutter and freeze

Axel Moebius

Premium
I have been using the rift for 6 months now and it hasn`t made one hickup. Then suddenly, after driving for 5 min. it starts to stutter and then freeze for a sek or to.
Anyone else had those issues?

Axl

No problem on my side and more than that, since last update (the one that crashed all oculus owner for one day) overall performance are better than before.
Check if your graphic driver hasn't be changed automatically because microsoft updated nvidia card driver few days ago with a windows seven update

Thank you for replying, Unpierrot and Jack Vos.
I did a fresh, clean Assetto install. That did not help. It then hit me that my Malwarebytes antivirus came with a new version with 14 days premium offer. Apparently Assetto and Oculus didn`t like that. After I switched back to the free version it runs fine again. Knock knock.....

I found AC is most finicky with antivirus. They will sware up and down in AC forum that it isn't

I have the paid Melwearsbits and haven't had any problems as far as freezing in VR. In fact I would go as far as saying AC is the smoothest. Bitdefener on the other hand really did some strange things.

Ive recently had tracking issues when my room light is on . Also noticed the odd flutter now and then of recent . Nvidia drivers had a problem before the latest driver turning the rift off after a while of no use , whether the drivers are causing flutters is a question for sure .

I found AC is most finicky with antivirus. They will sware up and down in AC forum that it isn't

I have the paid Melwearsbits and haven't had any problems as far as freezing in VR. In fact I would go as far as saying AC is the smoothest. Bitdefener on the other hand really did some strange things.

I'd guess the problems lay with the AV software, not the game. I've never had anything but problems with AV software, I swore them off a few years ago and my life is so much better without them. The default Windows Defender does just fine and doesn't screw with any of my games.

I'd guess the problems lay with the AV software, not the game. I've never had anything but problems with AV software, I swore them off a few years ago and my life is so much better without them. The default Windows Defender does just fine and doesn't screw with any of my games.

All fairness to AC it was Steam that was quarantined in my case. And I agree, my life has gotten easier without av as well. I would get rid of melwearsbits but it's nice to see the pop ups stopped but can't help wonder what I'm sacrificing in game?

Last edited:
Asking OP, were you having these issues in single or multiplayer? What operating system are you on? I've been having similar issues, and I'm trying to narrow down the variables, but I'm still trying things.

No, there was no info of any kind. Just stutter and freeze. I was using the free version of Malwarebyte and then there came a new version(update) with a 14 days premium trial period, so I tried that. Then it began to stutter and it froze for 1-2 seconds. I went back to the free version again and it is running smooth now. No stutter or freezing.

No, there was no info of any kind. Just stutter and freeze. I was using the free version of Malwarebyte and then there came a new version(update) with a 14 days premium trial period, so I tried that. Then it began to stutter and it froze for 1-2 seconds. I went back to the free version again and it is running smooth now. No stutter or freezing.
Then that definitely sounds like the culprit alright.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back