Oculus Rift Settings

Hi all finally got my self a Rift, what I need help with is my graphic settings for my GTX 1070 using triple screens but with resolution in game set at 1920x1080.
I'm finding it quite blurry and very grainy. so some help with this would be appreciated.
Have tried various settings posted by others but none seem to really help.
Thanks .

• Deleted member 197115

CM only has whole numbers increments and most likely overrides your manual settings in file.
Try AC launcher after changing manually.

Why did you turn ASW off? It should work automatically, switching on when fps is below 90 and switch off when you reach 90fps again. Driving with "free" fps in between looks much worse IMO.

Also, I'd set glare to low at least, or else you're missing a big reason to even have pp on, unless you download a custom VR filter.
I can't remember if photographic filter has it on, but go into the filter ini and turn off chromatic aberration, it's one of the worst effects for the VR experience.

You're right, turning off ASW was a mistake. I turned it back on.

You just have to change the value to -0.5 or another value you like and save the ini file. That's it. Maybe you've got no admission to save the file. Have look at the file settings by right click on the ini file

Another question: I read about Oculus is going to release rift core 2.0 this month globally. At the moment i've got problems starting races in Assetto Corsa while Rift Core 2.0 is turned on, so i turned the beta off. It's working flawlessly without the beta rift core 2.0. At the beginning this year Assetto Corsa worked with Rift Core 2.0, but since the middle of the year i had to turn it off to race in VR. I'm a bit aware of the public release of rift core 2.0. Maybe after the update, we won't be able to play Assetto Corsa anymore. Or we have to pend the update. What Do you think? Anybody else got problems with the beta rift core 2.0?

You're right, turning off ASW was a mistake. I turned it back on.

You just have to change the value to -0.5 or another value you like and save the ini file. That's it. Maybe you've got no admission to save the file. Have look at the file settings by right click on the ini file

Another question: I read about Oculus is going to release rift core 2.0 this month globally. At the moment i've got problems starting races in Assetto Corsa while Rift Core 2.0 is turned on, so i turned the beta off. It's working flawlessly without the beta rift core 2.0. At the beginning this year Assetto Corsa worked with Rift Core 2.0, but since the middle of the year i had to turn it off to race in VR. I'm a bit aware of the public release of rift core 2.0. Maybe after the update, we won't be able to play Assetto Corsa anymore. Or we have to pend the update. What Do you think? Anybody else got problems with the beta rift core 2.0?

I had same issues with AC and Rift dash/core a while a go. Last week, Oculus updated everything and I had dash and the mountain home back again, without even asking for it myself, but AC runs fine this time.

• Deleted member 197115

If your GPU can handle it:
- higher SS
- AFx16,
- Texture Filtering - High Quality in NVidia
Throw in
- Advanced Supersample Filtering - off in SteamVR settings

That will look and perform better than negative LOD bias that always introduces some artifacts.
Performance wise, Pascal can handle SS easier than LOD bias.
https://wiki.onwardhq.com/index.php/Misc#Performance_Tweaks
Systems with latest generation video cards (GTX1070/1080 and newer) can increase SuperSampling substantially, while previous generation video cards (GTX970/980) can often see a modest increase.

There is a very good post from user Kromaatikse, explaining LOD bias and its cons.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterra...n_someone_explain_lod_bias_texture_filtering/

I had same issues with AC and Rift dash/core a while a go. Last week, Oculus updated everything and I had dash and the mountain home back again, without even asking for it myself, but AC runs fine this time.

Unfortunately, I have the exact opposite experience. With the new Rift core 2.0 I can no longer run AC in Oculus mode. I have the sound but the image does not appear in the headset. It does work in SteamVR but the performance is clearly inferior to the full Rift support. I am going to contact Rift support to see if there is a solution.

Same here.. Yesterday Oculus update V1.3.1 and Rift Core 2.0 allways run.. no rollback ..
Starting AC with content manager and car is on track.. i hear sound on Rift but no Pictures..
Only Pictures an Monitor..
Hope the Oculus Support can help us..

Unfortunately, I have the exact opposite experience. With the new Rift core 2.0 I can no longer run AC in Oculus mode. I have the sound but the image does not appear in the headset. It does work in SteamVR but the performance is clearly inferior to the full Rift support. I am going to contact Rift support to see if there is a solution.
Same here.. Yesterday Oculus update V1.3.1 and Rift Core 2.0 allways run.. no rollback ..
Starting AC with content manager and car is on track.. i hear sound on Rift but no Pictures..
Only Pictures an Monitor..
Hope the Oculus Support can help us..
Since Tuesday I've had to run the Oculus client in the background, currently it's the only way it will work for me... I had the same issue, no picture in the headset but everything else was cool, it's how I fixed the problem. Hope it helps:)

Last edited:
Is there an custom image we can insert into the rift AC loading screen when waiting to get on track? Such a shame that there is a nice new AC splash screen available through the shaders patch but dont see it with the HMD on. All we get to see is a white room with a AC.exe file screen right in front of your eyes.

Since Tuesday I've had to run the Oculus client in the background, currently it's the only way it will work for me... I had the same issue, no picture in the headset but everything else was cool, it's how I fixed the problem. Hope it helps:)
Hi.. I dont understood what you mean "oculus client" in backround??
My problem is Oculus Core 2.0.
Before..all ok. Start Oculus Client with autostart and oculus tray tool for SS and ASW mode.
Then minimized oculus home screen and start content manager. Start a race, the screen"wait for assetto corsa" is coming.. the Car is on Track. The Pictures switched from " waiting screen" on track . All ok.
But since Update Yesterday..the Oculus home dont switched tonthe waiting screen.. car is on track" at Monitor" but at VR is Oculus Home but Car Sound.
Sorry for my English.
Give me please a read me, what you mean..
Thank you..

Having the same issue.. It starts on the monitor but only sound in the headset :mad:

Occasionally it works for some reason but next time I try to start in VR it won't.

I tried the homeless patch but that didn't solve it. Using CM launcher, tried many launchers as well.

Did someone get it to work somehow ??

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back