Sell Oculus Rift S (UK)

Oculus Rift S. Bought last November. Only used for around 3 or 4 hours on the very first weekend of purchase. Made me violently ill with motion sickness :(
In very good condition.
£300 - Cash on collection from Mansfield, Notts. UK. - UPDATE: NOW SOLD
PM me if interested. Interested parties will be dealt with in order of PMs

Last edited:
Its a good price in the current climate so possibly already been snapped up but if you do decide to give it another try, using it for 3-4 hours straight off the bat may have been too much if you did it over a weekend. I tried a Rift CV1 at a friends house a year or so ago and felt really ill really quickly but could see the benefits of it in terms of immersion and feeling connected with the car. A couple of weeks ago I borrowed it to see if I could acclimatise for sim racing before I bought my own headset and to start with I couldnt do more than 3-4 laps without feeling queazy and needed several hours to fully recover. However, just doing 30-45 minutes a day in a few short stints over the course of a week pretty much acclimatised me and now 2 weeks later I can do an hour long stint on most tracks without feeling any ill effects during normal driving. Here's a few things you can try that I found useful:

• Make sure the room is well ventilated and not too warm, maybe try a desk fan blowing on you if you still start feeling hot and clammy
  • Make sure your detail settings are low enough that you get a good frame rate, ultra high detail settings etc are generally pointless in VR anyway due to the relative lack of clarity. Pick games like AC or iRacing that are easier on the hardware if necessary.
  • Have a look at the game settings and see if you can "lock the horizon", this locks the VR headset to the angle of the horizon rather than the car and it seems to feel more natural to your brain
  • Try to remind yourself to look through the corner as far as you can see to the exit point rather than focussing on whats going on right in front of the car. It's good track driving practice anyway but it also seems to help reduce the sense of speed and motion in VR.
  • Try and drive without any superimposed driving data like laptimes etc floating in front of you to start with because they move with your head unlike the car interior which can be disorientating.
  • Pick a track combo that's relatively flat with little sudden change of direction (slow tight chicanes like the old bus stop at Spa got me to start with) and a car with benign handling so you're not being thrown around too much. Also avoid high kerbs that tip the car.
  • If you do crash, close your eyes until the car's stopped spinning etc
  • Finally, when you start feeling a bit sick during the acclimatisation process, stop and wait until you feel OK before going again.

Last edited:
  • Make sure the room is well ventilated and not too warm, maybe try a desk fan blowing on you if you still start feeling hot and clammy
  • Make sure your detail settings are low enough that you get a good frame rate, ultra high detail settings etc are generally pointless in VR anyway due to the relative lack of clarity. Pick games like AC or iRacing that are easier on the hardware if necessary.
  • Have a look at the game settings and see if you can "lock the horizon", this locks the VR headset to the angle of the horizon rather than the car and it seems to feel more natural to your brain
  • Try to remind yourself to look through the corner as far as you can see to the exit point rather than focussing on whats going on right in front of the car. It's good track driving practice anyway but it also seems to help reduce the sense of speed and motion in VR.
  • Try and drive without any superimposed driving data like laptimes etc floating in front of you to start with because they move with your head unlike the car interior which can be disorientating.
  • Pick a track combo that's relatively flat with little sudden change of direction (slow tight chicanes like the old bus stop at Spa got me to start with) and a car with benign handling so you're not being thrown around too much. Also avoid high kerbs that tip the car.
  • If you do crash, close your eyes until the car's stopped spinning etc
  • Finally, when you start feeling a bit sick during the acclimatisation process, stop and wait until you feel OK before going again.

All great tips - plus I would add the view you use is important. Using a bonnet cam or outside cam (not that I expect people would) will make you far sicker than the interior. You start to feel ill because the edges of your view are rushing past. Essentially you need to try and reduce the amount of sensation of speed.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back