Oculus Rift S - release in Spring

• Deleted member 197115

Very disappointing, essentially tethered Quest. :(
Has even lower resolution than Odyssey, no physical IPD adjustment and no proper integrated isolating headphones. :( :( :(
5 cameras is a plus for blind spot tracking. DOA product.

Upvote 0
I think this (the HP VR linked below) is going to be the better and a more true upgrade from the rift CV1. Oculus didn't want to force people to upgrade there PC's for the new headset but isn't that what an upgrade in technology is all about? A proper review when the time comes will tell the tale.

https://www.engadget.com/2019/03/19/hp-reverb-vr-mixed-reality/

Thanks, the reverb look really good.

More pixels, higher density and better FOV, Comfort of the rift. Will order one to try it out when it's available.

Upvote 0
Some resources

https://www.roadtovr.com/oculus-rift-s-hands-on-preview-better-easier-to-use-rift-gdc-2019/

--

From what I have read so far, those who have the Rift stick with it. This is not the Rift 2, this is a compromise to get more people and developers into VR which is a good thing. When the original Rift was at £800 is was out of most budgets, hence the new one is half the price.

I find headphones on the Rift really immersive, these new strap based speakers/headphones at the Rift S has I think will not be as immersive. There is now a headphone jack so you can use others.

There is certainly more to come, they kind of hint at that in the Youtube video above. Just not sure when that will be, sounds like they are concentrating on the Quest and Rift S this year.

Upvote 0
Weird things are happening in the VR world. Oculus bring out a Rift that looks like a HP/Lenovo mixed reality headset and HP bring out a headset that looks like a Rift. Could this be the fallout of the court case Oculus/Facebook lost?

Upvote 0
Weird things are happening in the VR world. Oculus bring out a Rift that looks like a HP/Lenovo mixed reality headset and HP bring out a headset that looks like a Rift. Could this be the fallout of the court case Oculus/Facebook lost?

In actual fact, the Rift S was designed in partnership with and is being manufactured by Lenovo.

Upvote 0
I got a rift and i probably get this one. Im doinng 99% time simulator. So will not miss the store from rift.
Guys whit windows VR how it is in ac or acc? Do you use rift set up?
Oculus will work for low and class VR mow i think.

WMR works fine with AC. ACC is a bit of hassle, as the VR UI is rendered in an awkward position below your feet. There is a workaround by lifting HMD above your head and recentering the VR view. Kunos are aware of this and haven't fixed it yet.

Or you can do this......

If you go into "Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config" and use a text editor to change vrSettings.json you can change the type from 1 to 2, this makes the menu locked to your face, which isn't ideal because it makes it hard to see things at the edge of the menu because of blur. But if you remember where things are it's somewhat useful.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 337 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 228 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%
  • < 5 years