Oculus rift rendering AC in 2D out of nowhere?

So i played AC in VR yesterday and it was completely fine, and now today all of a sudden when i launched into AC with my headset on, for some reason in the Oculus Rift CV1 headset it is rendering the image in 2D, like im looking at a tv screen, but then its pressed into your face, like a 360 degree curved screen. I havent seen or noticed any updates from either Oculus or Content Manager, ive checked in CM that it is on Oculus rendering mode, ive changed no settings at all between yesterday and today, anyone have any clue whats going on?

anyone have any clue whats going on?
I wish I could help you, I ran AC this morning in VR with a CV1 using Oculus, with all the toppings, CM/ CSP latest preview/ Sol and no issue what so ever, actually I was marveling at how great AC with everything on, looks so amazing.
A re-boot my be a way to start, it will probably fixed itself the same it did unfixed itself in the first place.
@Mascot did you not have the same issue a while back?

Last edited:
So i played AC in VR yesterday and it was completely fine, and now today all of a sudden when i launched into AC with my headset on, for some reason in the Oculus Rift CV1 headset it is rendering the image in 2D, like im looking at a tv screen, but then its pressed into your face, like a 360 degree curved screen. I havent seen or noticed any updates from either Oculus or Content Manager, ive checked in CM that it is on Oculus rendering mode, ive changed no settings at all between yesterday and today, anyone have any clue whats going on?
Hello. Have you found a fix yet? I have the same exact issue.

I found the solution. After about 4 hours of troubleshooting, it was the most simple and easiest thing that fixed this issue. In the Oculus desktop software, you have to go to settings > beta > OpenXR Runtime and set it as active.

I found the solution. After about 4 hours of troubleshooting, it was the most simple and easiest thing that fixed this issue. In the Oculus desktop software, you have to go to settings > beta > OpenXR Runtime and set it as active.
No way!! that is sick man! im not home at the moment : ( but ill try it as soon as i am, would be so damn amazing if this is the fix, so do you know if oculus just changed this setting by itself in a recent update or?

I wish I could help you, I ran AC this morning in VR with a CV1 using Oculus, with all the toppings, CM/ CSP latest preview/ Sol and no issue what so ever, actually I was marveling at how great AC with everything on, looks so amazing.
A re-boot my be a way to start, it will probably fixed itself the same it did unfixed itself in the first place.
@Mascot did you not have the same issue a while back?
Yeah i know, its really damn amazing just driving le mans at night with ai and the morning is coming up etc, nothing beats it xD yeah i rebooted a lot of times, i hope pluckmystring's reply is the fix ive been searching for, if not i guess ill just have to reinstall everything from the ground up, ac, sol, cm : /

I’ve got the same flat squashed vr issue in AC.

I use open vr and steam vr with my quest 2. After days, probably weeks I got to my sweet spot of graphics and maintaining 90 fps, lovely the best sim experience, amazing.

Then he last week or so the fps has been dropping, where I previously got solid 90 fps it now drops 45, 50, averaging 65 fps.

So back t tinkering … I run with PP turned off, but now with it off FSR has no impact on image or FPs unless PP is turned on. I’ve rolled back to previous versions of CSP, same outcome. I’m could find no solution.

So then I stopped using steam vr and used the oculus option in CM, lovely, back to 90 fps, great image, fsr works without PP activated…..that’ll was yesterday, today oculus option gives me flat squashed experience, and steam vr performance is still poor.

I loved AC in VR.

Anyone had same/similar and found a solution?

Seem to have resolved FSR only working with PP enabled - I don’t know what cured it,….but it works again.

Oculus vr still flat….
I had the same issue a couple of weeks ago, it was definitely FSR causing the problem. Turn it off in Custom Patch / Graphics Adjustments and it may go back to normal. If that's not it, then turn off all graphic adjustments to test.

I just keep mine off now, need the extra fps for my 970.

I had the same issue a couple of weeks ago, it was definitely FSR causing the problem. Turn it off in Custom Patch / Graphics Adjustments and it may go back to normal. If that's not it, then turn off all graphic adjustments to test.

I just keep mine off now, need the extra fps for my 970.
Thanks - yes it’s FSR that impacts oculus option. At ultra quality it’s not as squashed up as when on performance.

taking the positives - I’ve learned more though this tinkering!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 246 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 161 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 229 14.0%