Oculus Rift help requierd

Finally took the plunge and ordered a Oculus Rift from Amazon during the sale to use on my race simulator. I have been trying to get it to work since Sunday. Once I have installed the oculus setup file, I get a black screen with just the white oculus logo and no other visible option.

When I click the logo and a webpage link opens up in the browser and I click continue to link my Facebook account. I then get a page that either says continue in app or browser and the progress wheel goes round endlessly and if I click again it says sorry there was a problem with connecting with your Facebook account.

I noticed on the black screen there is a hidden option to create account or sign under the Oculus logo but this also just hangs once I've signed in and the progress wheel just goes round.

I have no other option to progress.

I have ran the compatibility tool several times.
Turned off firewall
Donloaded in safe mode
Tried different browsers
Deleted app in safe mode then downloaded again
Disabled start up processes
Tried with leads plugged in and out

if anyone can recommend trying something else then I would appreciate it as it's driving me mad and I'm one step away from sending it back.

Sent logs to support but still waiting for further help.

Many Thanks

windows 10
GTX1060
I5 4690k
Gigabyte Z97P-D3

Attachments

• IMG_5971.JPG
    IMG_5971.JPG
    918.3 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0453.JPG
    IMG_0453.JPG
    176 KB · Views: 181
Finally took the plunge and ordered a Oculus Rift from Amazon during the sale to use on my race simulator. I have been trying to get it to work since Sunday. Once I have installed the oculus setup file, I get a black screen with just the white oculus logo and no other visible option.

When I click the logo and a webpage link opens up in the browser and I click continue to link my Facebook account. I then get a page that either says continue in app or browser and the progress wheel goes round endlessly and if I click again it says sorry there was a problem with connecting with your Facebook account.

I noticed on the black screen there is a hidden option to create account or sign under the Oculus logo but this also just hangs once I've signed in and the progress wheel just goes round.

I have no other option to progress.

I have ran the compatibility tool several times.
Turned off firewall
Donloaded in safe mode
Tried different browsers
Deleted app in safe mode then downloaded again
Disabled start up processes
Tried with leads plugged in and out

if anyone can recommend trying something else then I would appreciate it as it's driving me mad and I'm one step away from sending it back.

Sent logs to support but still waiting for further help.

Many Thanks

windows 10
GTX1060
I5 4690k
Gigabyte Z97P-D3
Did you get this resolved?

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 285 15.3%
  • < 2 years