Oculus Rift DK2 is it worth getting (used)

really depends on the price of the DK2 and how easy to sell it on, but as an ex DK2 to CV1 user i'd almost say that the CV1 would be the base minimum these days to look at as it would be easier to sell on.

how much would you be looking to spend or what headset you looking for to spend good money?

if you are in the UK you could buy a VR set mailorder and if you dont like it return it within 2 weeks for a refund that would be a "free" trial

Upvote 0
These were my exact thoughts when I changed over from triples to VR. So I bought a used Rift (CV1) albeit brand new as the guy only used it a few times as he couldn’t get on with the motion sickness. Luckily I never felt sick, so it was a no brainer and I’ll never go back to screens. I ended up buying a Vive Pro a few months later and modded the lense. Costs to switch from Rift to Vive was very expensive and although I do prefer the Vive it certainly wasn’t good value for money. By the way I still have the Rift upstairs in its original box if your interested;)

Upvote 0
DK2 is only worth if you want to check how VR feels (it has proper tracking), and yes, only if found really cheap. 70 euros let's say. But since you can buy an CV1 at 150, and then resell it for no loss then go for the CV1 if your not that much tight on your budget

Upvote 0
I'm with the other guys on this one...only if it is extremely inexpensive or you don't mind a bit of tinkering.
The DK2 and even the CV1 were good headset for their time.
I did find Oculus support to be sadly lacking, so I wouldn't recommend a test headset as your initial entry to VR.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 240 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years