Oculus rift DK2 any good in 2018?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NDG, Oct 3, 2018.

1. NDG

NDG
    Premium

Ratings:
    +100
    Yeah, the title.. I'm just a poor boy :D and I can't afford decent VR like CV1 or HTC Vive. My friend have a friend selling his DK2 that comes with a motion leap sensor. I don't even know what that motion leap thing does, but is it a good deal for US$180? Is it worth getting for that price in 2018?

Extra question,
    I am from Taiwan, but I haven't heard any news from the internet about HTC status. I heard it from local sources / news that they are shutting down. Anybody heard? Will HTC Vive the product have longevity like support or something if HTC is going to shut down?

2. Paul Glover

Paul Glover
    RaceDepartment Social Media Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +742
    Honestly, get a CV1. Much cheaper now and I reckon if you hunt around you would get a bargain on Ebay etc.

• Like Like x 1
  3. NDG

NDG
    Premium

Ratings:
    +100
    Of course.. a bargain won't appear in a single day of looking. Thanks for the advice! Went looking around twice today, and the cheapest brand new including shipping is around $550... Cheapest pre-used including shipping is $325... At least from where I am. I guess I'll just wait more.

I also searched what a leap sensor is for, and kinda makes sense why he is including one for a DK2.

4. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,413
    • Like Like x 1
  5. NDG

NDG
    Premium

Ratings:
    +100
    Yeah for SIMS only... But I can't find a decent review or feedback for those type of HMD.

6. RMR1

RMR1
    Rainer Maria Rosemaier Premium

Ratings:
    +164
    I shot a DK2 for 120€ on eBay a few months ago, and given my potato is 6 years old and I refuse to install Win10, this was the best buy I’ve ever done for simracing!
    Works like a charm and is a real game changer.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.