Oculus Quest 2 + Link Cable (Settings needed)

Hi guys,

Got my Quest 2 today and out of the box the picture quality is very blurry as expected. Did find a lot of info on youtube to increase graphical quality and did everything step by step. From sidequest settings to in-app settings and must say it improved the texture quality by a fair amount. One bit that is bugging me is blurry text in Oculus Home and even the guages in car are not clear. Have no eye problems and vision very good. I have seen videos of very smooth textures with the same GPU I am using.

System Specs is i3 10300 cpu with GTX 1650 Super and 16gb Ram.

Is there anyone that can share their settings please?

if it's blurry try running quest 2 at 80hz and auto res (oculus app desktop) and play around with these settings, perhaps lower the Oculur Per Eye Display slider if you are struggling to get a smooth experience.

Attachments

• Content_Manager_ILTTnkiIGT.png
    Content_Manager_ILTTnkiIGT.png
    400 KB · Views: 1,951
if it's blurry try running quest 2 at 80hz and auto res (oculus app desktop) and play around with these settings, perhaps lower the Oculur Per Eye Display slider if you are struggling to get a smooth experience.
Thanks. How do you get Oculus Rift to work as renderer in Content Manager? It works for me in the normal game but for some reason gives me this weird view in Content Manager. Also where is the Oculus Per Eye Display slider?

Are you sure you have the headset dead center. I find the sweet spot very small. Also have you got the right IPD setting for the lenses. The fact you say its bad in Occulus home as well as the AC game, seems to suggest its nowt to do with AC settings.

Yeah on the other tw
Are you sure you have the headset dead center. I find the sweet spot very small. Also have you got the right IPD setting for the lenses. The fact you say its bad in Occulus home as well as the AC game, seems to suggest its nowt to do with AC settings.
Yes the other two IPD settings it’s worse. I have tried low setting, medium and high settings in AC. The best is at 72 to 80 hz in oculus app. Everything behind the car steering wheel looks blurred and pixelated. I’m not expecting visuals like a monitor but it is really not that great.

Last edited:
60 fps VR AC settings

60 fpd VR CSP settings (with 15 cars)

+ Nvidia Settings
AF x16
MFAA ON
LoD Clamp
High quality
Gamma ON

SteamVR with Samsung Odyssey+
Base: 100% (150% render resolution is default)
SteamVR SS: 200%
60Hz

Windows to max power
WMR settings to Optimal performance (High Quality is bugged)
Motion Reprojection OFF,
GPU Optimization OFF
X-box bar etc. OFF

With setup 32GB ram, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, i7-7700k 4.2 GHz (overcloacked to 5.0 GHz) Im finnaly running decent quality with performance.

PP Filter: Sol_Extra
CSP v0.1.76-preview92-full
Sol 2.2 alpha 12

Maybe someone find those settings also satisfying.

P.s. DELETE ".ini" in file to work 60fps vr grid.cmpreset.ini

Attachments

• 60fps vr grid.cmpreset.ini
    1.1 KB · Views: 134
  • 60fps vr grid.cmpreset.ini
    1.1 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Yeah on the other tw

Yes the other two IPD settings it’s worse. I have tried low setting, medium and high settings in AC. The best is at 72 to 80 hz in oculus app. Everything behind the car steering wheel looks blurred and pixelated. I’m not expecting visuals like a monitor but it is really not that great.
I've got a quest two and think the visuals are great, but i am suffering with frame drops at the mo, which is why i have a thread going at present. I've followed a few vids to get setup, but i think i have higher spec hardware so my settings are probably pointless for you....

I still cant get past your comment about oculus home being blurry too though, this surely means its something with the headset rather than the game. Have you tried just lifting the headset on your face slightly, pushing it up, or moving it down to see if you get improvelemt in text quality? that sweet spot is very small.

Also there is a text sharpening option in the latest install. You can select it in the Oculus Debug Tool.

Have you checked the quality of your link cable by doing the speed test in the PC Oculus software?

Last edited:
I've got a quest two and think the visuals are great, but i am suffering with frame drops at the mo, which is why i have a thread going at present. I've followed a few vids to get setup, but i think i have higher spec hardware so my settings are probably pointless for you....

I still cant get past your comment about oculus home being blurry too though, this surely means its something with the headset rather than the game. Have you tried just lifting the headset on your face slightly, pushing it up, or moving it down to see if you get improvelemt in text quality? that sweet spot is very small.

Also there is a text sharpening option in the latest install. You can select it in the Oculus Debug Tool.

Have you checked the quality of your link cable by doing the speed test in the PC Oculus software?
The part of Oculus home I got sorted and looks better. It is in Assetto Corsa that the game does not look smooth or clear. Think it might be the GPU that is too weak. I did try and move headset up and down and do have the sweet spot. Still the image quality is not that great. All textures and text close up looks fine, it’s everything behind the steering wheel and further away on the track that looks bad. Maxed out graphics in Assetto Corsa and also tried it on low and medium. Will play around with nvidia control panel to see if it makes a difference.

The part of Oculus home I got sorted and looks better. It is in Assetto Corsa that the game does not look smooth or clear. Think it might be the GPU that is too weak. I did try and move headset up and down and do have the sweet spot. Still the image quality is not that great. All textures and text close up looks fine, it’s everything behind the steering wheel and further away on the track that looks bad. Maxed out graphics in Assetto Corsa and also tried it on low and medium. Will play around with nvidia control panel to see if it makes a difference.
What do you have the resolution scale slider set to in the oculus software on the pc for link? 72hz 80hz or 90hz, and at what scale, 1.1x 1.2x 1.3x 1.4x 1.5x etc?

Started with default 72hz and worked it up to 1.6 scale slider. Same with 80&90hz. I really think it is the Gpu which is a Gtx 1650 super.
And still at 1.6x its blurry? I think i would expect the text and overall grapical quality to get far clearer, but then you get poor frame performance maybe, but I'm no expert as I've come into this game quite late and the oldest GPU I've got experience of is the 2070 super.

Have you tried any other games?

And still at 1.6x its blurry? I think i would expect the text and overall grapical quality to get far clearer, but then you get poor frame performance maybe, but I'm no expert as I've come into this game quite late and the oldest GPU I've got experience of is the 2070 super.

Have you tried any other game

Have you tried any other games?
Yes tried PC 2 also but same issue. Will give it some time and play around with the setting. Thanks for all the replies and help. will post my findings later on.

So I played around with the scale slider today and noticed that it made absolutely no difference from 1 to 1.7 when it comes to the eye candy. Textures stays exactly the same but do see some lag when I move my head around. I took one car as a test to look at textures. The Bmw M3 E30 Gr.A at Imola. In practice mode in the pits, if you look to your right there is a big BMW sign against the wall. I focused on that sign and also the guages when adjusting the scale slider in Oculus app. Really no change when I changed the slider. Any ideas what else I can change to get that eye candy. Had my settings in AC content manager at max too.

my personal experience: I got Q2 last year mainly for AC (which I played from beta version back in 2014) and I run it with a gtx1060 (quite low for VR, but it run Half life Alyx perfectly with very vivid graphics, colors, resolution, no lag, everything was super, and it was one of the best experiences in my life).
Enter AC: no matter what I tried for a year (all forums, suggestions, hours in discord with the guy that wrote the above guide for Samsung Odyssey, sliders, oculus app, filters, pp on, pp off, you name it), it still remains quite blurry anyhow and very mediocre graphics, pixelated at far, rails shimmering, washed out colors, no crispiness, etc. The cockcpit and the car around me, gauges, etc. are quite clear, crisp & bright, but when I look outside is awful (for me). Then I upgraded to a 2060 and I thought that this is the solution. However the only thing that changed was that I got some more fps (from 40-50 to 70-80 max), but no serious graphics improvement ( abit better lighting maybe). Then I went to a friend with a 3060 and i saw that the graphics were more or less the same.
So, what everyone considers blurry is subjective. Others are pleased and say it quite ok (especially players who had rift and upgraded to Q2, it was an improvement), but others (like me) I didnt expect so blurred, pixelated at far & washed out image. Unfortunately the main reason is that the game is quite old for VR. I hear that Automobilista 2 is very clear and sharp but I didn't had the chance to see it.
Having said all that, the moment you start driving in VR, you forget all of the above, because of the immersion! So, don't expect to see any picture like your monitor's no matter what you do...... (as I was before buying the Q2).
As I said you can try Half Life Alyx to see how pcvr can transform things and the power of VR, on a game written specifically for VR, which is the TOP benchmark for everything else in VR.

Last edited:
In Oculus Debug Tool set Encode Bit Rate to 250 or higher (I use 350).

If you have v33 Quest 2 software (headset and Oculus desktop) use Oculus Debug Tool to set the Link Sharpen to Enabled, it makes a huge difference and works on all applications. If you don't have it yet you can try Reshade to sharpen it up, I had great results with it but it does affect performance. No longer needed though with v33 Quest update

For added performance you can use the same tool to set FOV tangent multiplier to 0.85;0.75 which reduces horizontal and vertical fov...0.85;0.85 is almost unnoticeable)

PP filters will greatly reduce performance so leave off at first

Last edited:
In Oculus Debug Tool set Encode Bit Rate to 250 or higher (I use 350).

If you have v33 Quest 2 software (headset and Oculus desktop) use Oculus Debug Tool to set the Link Sharpen to Enabled, it makes a huge difference and works on all applications. If you don't have it yet you can try Reshade to sharpen it up, I had great results with it but it does affect performance. No longer needed though with v33 Quest update

For added performance you can use the same tool to set FOV tangent multiplier to 0.85;0.75 which reduces horizontal and vertical fov...0.85;0.85 is almost unnoticeable)

PP filters will greatly reduce performance so leave off at first
Thanks. I do have v33 and my settings were almost the same as yours in debug tool. Only the link sharpening were set to auto. More testing needed but all the testing makes the eyes hurt lol.

So I played around with the scale slider today and noticed that it made absolutely no difference from 1 to 1.7 when it comes to the eye candy. Textures stays exactly the same but do see some lag when I move my head around. I took one car as a test to look at textures. The Bmw M3 E30 Gr.A at Imola. In practice mode in the pits, if you look to your right there is a big BMW sign against the wall. I focused on that sign and also the guages when adjusting the scale slider in Oculus app. Really no change when I changed the slider. Any ideas what else I can change to get that eye candy. Had my settings in AC content manager at max too.
How are you launching the game? From Content manager? Are you using Occulus Rift Renderer or Open VR?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 385 39.7%