Oculus dk2 with AC.

Been a few years since I've touched Sims.

Recently getting back into it but decided to look at the car route rather than triple screen this time around

Picked up a DK2 cheap to see how I would get on with it intially and regretting it already.

Installing current Oculus home was simple enough. Can't get it to setup due to end of support however I can extend my desktop onto it fine.

I can also get ac running through it but the image looks like it's had the middle cut out of it and no sign of any headtracking at all.

Tried 0.8 runtimes to the same effect.

Does anybody have a dk2 running if so how did you go about it.

Thanks.

Spent the better part of the day going in circles with this.
Other game looking to return to is rbr so any advice for that on vr also welcom.

I used a DK2 with all sims that supported VR until getting a Rift S last year.
You are correct in that it won't allow you to complete the software setup.

Other than that however, i had no issues with using it on iRacing, rFactor2, PC2 or AC
I assume you have the DK2 tracking camera also, that looks a bit like an old fashioned web cam?

Can you try it on any other VR titles, to rule out any hardware issues?

Just as an example, this is the mirror of using the DK2 in AC back when i was using it.

Found old runtimes and got rbr vr running well earlier.

Assetto Corsa will run through the headset with it set rendering to rift but displays a left and right image with no tracking.

Did the same running on the current platform.

Not the end of the world.

Had a good test on rbr. Motion sickness is minor so should be able to get to grips with it. Glasses are the real issue.
May have to consider contacts if I shell out for a rift s.

Been a few years since I've touched Sims.

Recently getting back into it but decided to look at the car route rather than triple screen this time around

Picked up a DK2 cheap to see how I would get on with it intially and regretting it already.

Installing current Oculus home was simple enough. Can't get it to setup due to end of support however I can extend my desktop onto it fine.

I can also get ac running through it but the image looks like it's had the middle cut out of it and no sign of any headtracking at all.

Tried 0.8 runtimes to the same effect.

Does anybody have a dk2 running if so how did you go about it.

Thanks.

Spent the better part of the day going in circles with this.
Other game looking to return to is rbr so any advice for that on vr also welcom.
In a few quick steps you can use your Oculus Rift to play Steam and SteamVR games. Our quick guide will show you how. ... Although Valve is working closely with HTC to promote the Vive as the flagship headset for the platform, Steam VR also supports the consumer Oculus Rift and even the older Rift DK2 development kit.

In a few quick steps you can use your Oculus Rift to play Steam and SteamVR games. Our quick guide will show you how. ... Although Valve is working closely with HTC to promote the Vive as the flagship headset for the platform, Steam VR also supports the consumer Oculus Rift and even the older Rift DK2 development kit.
Tried steam vr with both most recent Oculus drivers and old drivers I hunted down.
Couldn't get past setting up the room.
No detection at all.
Il skip this gen. By the time newer gear is out il have a more capable rig.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back