Oculus Dev Kit V.2

It will get better, just right now you have to use a workaround as the .4 SDK doesnt work with pCars and as a result the motion tracking isnt 1:1, if you turn 90' IRL you only turn 45' In game and thats what sets me off, it feels like driving drunk, but your sober.

Upvote 0
Live for Speed has the best rift implementation I've come across so far, it really is just about perfect. The dev has been great and updated regularly since DK2's arrived and last night's patch added Chromatic Abberation Correction and it's a stunner IMO
So many people seem to be buying a licence just to show their support, but you can try the demo with rift support (add the patch) to see just how great it is :)
https://www.lfs.net/

Upvote 0
Iv still not managed to get LFS working on my PC with the Rift, i get the Rift view on my Monitor and if i try to start the game with the Rift on it crashes instantly. Iv been too busy to figure it out so i guess ill just have to wait till AC gets proper support as pCars is still making me feel sick.

Upvote 0
Iv still not managed to get LFS working on my PC with the Rift, i get the Rift view on my Monitor and if i try to start the game with the Rift on it crashes instantly. Iv been too busy to figure it out so i guess ill just have to wait till AC gets proper support as pCars is still making me feel sick.
In Pcars, try turning off MSAA along with V-Sync off and in Nvidia Inspector put maximum frames at 76.

Upvote 0
My DK2 should arrive tomorrow and I hope to do some testing of LFS and Pcars over the weekend. We'll see how I get it working and how quickly I can get some VR legs. :O_o:

Upvote 0
I have just been racing in Live for Speed (open wheelers) for a couple of hours straight and even with the screen door effect, the slight blurriness in the distance, and dare I say it, dated graphics the DK2 is phenomenal. I tried to play some Assetto Corsa on my 2D monitor to compare the racing and there just is NO comparison. I never thought that I would say it so quickly after first using the DK2, but I already prefer the DK2 over normal monitor racing. 1:1 scale life size racing is by far the most realistic experience I have ever had whilst sim racing!!!

Your car is much more controllable with the rift, because you are in a true 3D world environment you see and almost feel the car losing grip and correcting a slide is so satisfying and just becomes second nature. When you feel you are getting sideways you can literally look into the slide and counter steer out of it with a dab of throttle, just awe inspiring to say the least!!!

The feeling of sitting in a cockpit is just second to none. FOV, is subjective for each person, but if you have ridden a motorbike or driven a kart / race car before, wearing the rift imparts the feeling of wearing a helmet, I know, I know that the FOV is not the same as looking through a visor, but you know what? It really doesn't matter, the whole experience is hard to put into words to help people understand what it feels like without having tried it. If you do get the chance to give it a go, you will not be sorry you did!!!!

PS: My rig is nearly finished and man am I going to use the hell out of when Kunos finally releases a DK2 patch.

1sv_zps00499fb9.png

Cheers AussieStig

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey everyone, just in case you are experiencing problems with your Oculus Rift in Asset Corsa after the update today, JmonAC who is on the official AC forums posted these fixes there for the bugs that have plagued OR implementation post update:

Fix for game not displaying:

In Options/Effects just keep Post Processing on but select None as the Effect Preset.

Fix for the problem of game dropping out after one lap:

Go to Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg

Find file called vr

open in notepad

Change
[DEMO]
IS_DEMO_MODE=1

to

[DEMO]
IS_DEMO_MODE=0

Wonder why the Rift gets so little love from Kunos? I was and am very grateful for the implementation we had. Why they failed to mention these "errors/bugs'' in the 1.0 release notes escapes me. It would have been a nice bit of customer care to at least mention them. I mean, unless you have your PC disconnected from the inter webs, you are more or less forced to update. I know you can change that in the settings, but an update or final release usually implies improvements and new content. Unfortunately as far as the OR is concerned it went the opposite way.

Cheers, AussieStig

Upvote 0
Hey everyone, just in case you are experiencing problems with your Oculus Rift in Asset Corsa after the update today, JmonAC who is on the official AC forums posted these fixes there for the bugs that have plagued OR implementation post update:

Fix for game not displaying:

In Options/Effects just keep Post Processing on but select None as the Effect Preset.

Fix for the problem of game dropping out after one lap:

Go to Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg

Find file called vr

open in notepad

Change
[DEMO]
IS_DEMO_MODE=1

to

[DEMO]
IS_DEMO_MODE=0

Wonder why the Rift gets so little love from Kunos? I was and am very grateful for the implementation we had. Why they failed to mention these "errors/bugs'' in the 1.0 release notes escapes me. It would have been a nice bit of customer care to at least mention them. I mean, unless you have your PC disconnected from the inter webs, you are more or less forced to update. I know you can change that in the settings, but an update or final release usually implies improvements and new content. Unfortunately as far as the OR is concerned it went the opposite way.

Cheers, AussieStig
Fortunately, the fixes were found quickly but, it would be nice to see some progress being made in this area for sure - and not just in AC. Things are seemingly quite stagnant at the moment in this aspect of VR development. I'm sure things are happening behind the scenes and we'll get some general news in the new year.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 369 16.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 246 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years