Oculus Dev Kit V.2

I think it´s quite distracting with those ugly on screen huds. But it´s racy and more efficient then real world instruments but it´s ugly and waste of screen estate :)

Buttons I have them all on the wheel so it´s not really an issue having to see them. As for endurance yes 4h stints is not that tough on some tracks. In simracing there is not a 4h limit like in real endurance racing there has been those doing 8h stints now that´s tough :)

But yes will see how it works. It´s hard to imagine monitors some meter or two away from you is not more resting for your vision. Will see how it work out in the end it´s so easy to hype something before release.

Upvote 0
CV1? Is that the cunsumer version?

The big question is if it´s possible to do a 24h lemans with Occulus Rift ;). with 4 drivers you need to be able to do 6h with it ;)
Yes, CV1 = Consumer Version 1. In time, I think there will be solutions for buttons and controls with VR - maybe even some with tactile feedback.

As for using the DK2 for long stints, I doubt that would be practical. Once the device is refined to a higher level and we have affordable hardware robust enough to drive it at higher resolutions, then perhaps. At this point, a good multi-monitor setup or curved screen is going to reign supreme for endurance racing. It's not clear how the DK2 will lend itself to turning fast lap-times yet but, it certainly should add a good deal of immersion for casual play.

Upvote 0
I think it´s quite distracting with those ugly on screen huds. But it´s racy and more efficient then real world instruments but it´s ugly and waste of screen estate :)

If that was a reply to me, I meant using the cars real dash (in game) not the HUD from the game :)
I never have any HUD on when on my rig (superFOV) so Oculus should be excellent now you can actually read the gauges etc properly.

Upvote 0
Well, i have it, and have it all set up, but the only thing i have managed to do so far is look around the Demo room that comes with the Rift.

Any ideas or threads i should read to get it going with AC?

Upvote 0
Any news on when the consumer version will be available? I expected it to be out by now, Im holding off on upgrading my monitor because of this, Im pretty sure it will be a while sadly :(

Upvote 0
Any news on when the consumer version will be available? I expected it to be out by now, Im holding off on upgrading my monitor because of this, Im pretty sure it will be a while sadly :(
I don't think there is any date apart from the usual rumours. Nvidia are about to demo their VR system and with their track record, knowledge and resources I'm excited to see what they've got to give. There is no way I'm buying an Oculus after it was taken over by FB. Thats not a rant and I'm sure Nvidia have some despicable backers but the privacy concerns and my personal moral standpoint mean I will never ever purchase one.

I'll wait for NV to deliver the usual magic and looking at the rate OR are moving Nvidia might just get there before them..

http://www.geek.com/chips/nvidia-hacks-together-two-displays-to-build-better-vr-goggles-1600518/

Upvote 0
I think that it may be a long time before we get fluid resolutions in VR/HMD that can come close to what we see on our monitors. For those already using the DK2, most say that the experience is worth the trade off, . . . at least for a while. It'll be interesting to see how Nvidia's Cascading Displays solution compares.

Upvote 0
If you want a great VR experience, try Proton Pulse, what a game.

Like Arkanoid from the 80's but 3D and you control the paddle with the Rift. Best of all, no motion sickness in that, unlike pCars.......

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 104 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 369 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing