October 09 Update

Brendon Pywell

Bob's Track Builder
Hi Guys,

It's been slow going but here's some progress which I would like to share.

This pic shows off the new in-tool shaders which will more closely resemble the final in-game result. Different games give different results; RBR will be the closest since we have full control over those shaders.

Also on display is the new ability to blend the edge of the roads into the terrain; that is how the dirt transforms into grass.

To make this work best there is now the ability to use global mapping on the roads so that the terrain and the road-to-grass blend map using the same UV coordinates.

The two road textures shown here also blend smoothly from one to another.

Finally the last item is the smoother shading where the road meets the terrain; no more harsh edge is visible.

There's a couple of other features which I won't go into yet but with any luck a new beta should be available in a couple of weeks.

Cheers,
Brendon.

HI, ok lets see if in this new version you solve:
;)
1- Xpacker, sobjects, shadows, the set you set is not set, :(
2- BTB Objetcs, move rotate, by numbers, like Sobjetcs, and bigger icons
3- I dont think you will do this, but I will take the risk, Shadows, partialy can be set in Xpacker, and the other part in BTB, no!!, Shadows, collision parameters ....should be set in Xpacker, this way, they can be set once forever!!!, it is a waste of time. I ll never understand you changed the way of setting shadows of 0.5-06 version, :(

The new feature is cool :)

Thanks and Regards

What an update. I thought it was impossible to blend textures like that... That we should do it in photoshop .. this is superb- RBR is still visually the best driving sim! Not to talk about it´s other features... By the way what happened to shadows and movable properties in rbr anyway as we allready had them in rbr with the older plugin?

• Mightymopar

Would it be possible to show us how to use the new features that are being implemented, so us new guys know how to use it.

Thanks

Any chance for some Racer fixes? I would love to use some of the new features but Racer crashes on the BTB tracks now.
I might point out that we also have full control of the shaders in Racer, if you would like some help with Racer I'm available anytime.

Alex Forbin

To make this work best there is now the ability to use global mapping on the roads so that the terrain and the road-to-grass blend map using the same UV coordinates.

Piddy, can you elaborate on this... does that mean we will be able to use roadside texture (a texture that have transition between road and grass) directly on terrain polygons instead of using the road itself to create extra polys on each side? Because now, this is not possible because of wrong mapping coordinates on terrain that doesn't face the road so we cannot use a roadside texture.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%