• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Oceania Zone - WTCC06 & 07 @ Magny Cours Sunday 17th August 2008

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Warren Dawes, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Noble

Chris Noble

Ratings:
    +0
    I watched the replay and yes it was a bit of an opportunistic move, with you fighting with the chevy your speed was much slower than mine, hence the big closing speed,

The game seems to allow you to put 4 wheels inside the white line there and others took advantage of this also.

Finally there was just enough space for you to hang on in on the outside of the chicane and I cannot explain why your car did that mega bounce, we banged doors, that sort of contact does not do what the replay shows, It just doesnt look right from where the two cars are.

I thought I pushed you out onto the gravel and so slowed down and was hoping for you to come past, but then was told you had spun (i.e may be lost control of your car in the gravel).

So I am sorry for that but the move should have worked fine and a couple of laps previous I did the exact same move with no issues, so may be a lag issue from what the replay shows.

2. Daniel Plaikner

Daniel Plaikner

Ratings:
    +15
    Qualy:
    I maneged to drive to 4. place, but unfortunally my game crashed 4min before race. :shocked:
    I was able to restart the game and rejoin.

Race 1:
    Because of that I had to start from the last places around. So I had to caught up. Had some great battels and lots of fun :cool:.
    Finaly i finished 4th in Race 1.

Race 2:
    Starded from 5th place. Had not so good start and lost after the first lap a couple of places. Then there was a crash in front of me with 4 or 5 cars and I was able to pass esaly :D. Then caught up to 3th place behind David and Ludwig. David went of track and I was able to get pass. Ludwig was very fast and I was not able to follow him. At the end of the race he had 10sec advance. Finaly i sinished 2th in Race 2.

Was great Races and lots of fun :thumb:

3. Paolo Dolzani

Paolo Dolzani

Ratings:
    +0

sorry but i was regaining my line after a contat with a bmw that had skidded and there was sufficent space on my left side for overtake me easily...

4. Günthar Rowe

Günthar Rowe

Ratings:
    +30
    sorry about that!!!

5. Günthar Rowe

Günthar Rowe

Ratings:
    +30
    Cutting inside to avoid what was looking bad...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ian and Warren get intimate, and I grab grass :(
    [​IMG]

Ian and Warren see that this flash in the pan relationship won't last and go their respective ways....

Warrens BM starts to look very attractive, so I slip on in for what I hope to be a long relationship....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Ian now lost in the rear.... Warren and I make plans for our first date...

6. Günthar Rowe

Günthar Rowe

Ratings:
    +30
    knocked off 40 km/h but really was no way out.... will just sit back next race and watch the carnage......

7. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,869
    lol Günthar, nice pictures and comments. :pound:
    BTW, I was in the Seat and Ian had the Bimmer, so were you planning on two timing me then with another car. :p

8. Michael Herrmann

Michael Herrmann

Ratings:
    +1
    lol great pics and great comments :D

9. Michael Stead

Michael Stead
    Premium

Ratings:
    +292
    Qual - Did pretty well in qualifying. I wasn't able to catch Ludwig but had a good battle with Ben and was able to secure 2nd place.

Race 1 - Messed up the start with heaps of wheelspin but didn't lose any positions (I guess others made the same mistake). Made a mistake which allowed Ben to take 2nd place but then he made a mistake which allowed me to get it back. I wasn't able to make up any ground on Ludwig in the lead and finished the race 2nd. Well done Ludwig.

Race 2 - Started 7th. Got a good start this time and went to the outside to try and get around a honda. By the hairpin I was up to 5th place. Coming into the right turn after the second chicane I bumped Gwyar in the right rear and he spun (very sorry Gwyar). After the contact (And a few subsequent bumps) I moved over to the right side of the road and slowed to let Gwyar back past (didn't know which car I hit so I just dropped back to last). The rest of the race I was just racing around trying to make up some positions, but two stop/go's put pay to that. I guess Ben felt sorry for me and he joined me at the back of the field to keep me company :). Finished around 17th.

From my point of view and from looking at the replay it looked like Nico went to go up the inside of me into the hairpin, locked the rear brakes and slid into me pitching me sideways across the middle of the track. I tried to get going as quickly as possible to get out of the way and didn't know you were about to go up the inside. Sorry Mtommi.

10. Grant Waterman

Grant Waterman

Ratings:
    +0
    np Manny, saw in the replay it was the lightest of taps, you redressed and alls good.It probably stuffed your race a lot more than mine.

11. Günthar Rowe

Günthar Rowe

Ratings:
    +30
    Well, that makes me feel better as we (with your SEAT) did grab one last tango later.... :thumb::becky::pound::amen:

12. Mtommi Tam

Mtommi Tam

Ratings:
    +1
    :)np,I know you very fast,ok,wait for next good race,see you on the track:thumb:

13. Nico Major

Nico Major

Ratings:
    +45
    Oh, I am very sorry about that. I was not completely aware of the situation.

Approaching the hairpin we were both overtaking a seat.
    I got on the break at a point where I should be able to stay inside of the turn. I was a bit terrified to see the Seat break equal to me (or maybe even a bit later) and comming a bit closer to me. Beeing a bit too excited I locked my rear weels and went sideways into the turn. I thought (or at least was hoping) that I had no contact to another car. Actually I did not know this for sure after sliding and rumbling over the curbs. I will have a look at the replay this evening to see if I remember right.

Nico

14. Marcos Ascensao

Marcos Ascensao

Ratings:
    +0
    i couldnt race yesterday because i had serious internet issues back home .
    Sorry about that and ill see you all next time ;) .

Marcos Ascensao

15. Nico Major

Nico Major

Ratings:
    +45
    little follow up ...

I reviewed the replay and it was nearly like I said above. The Seat shot through between Manny (Chevy) and me (E90) and I lost my car due to exitement and the big crash I saw comming. I did not notice that I hit you with my rear during race. Otherwise I had let you pass. We had a touch some laps before in the hairpin already and I lifted throttle after that and gave Manny room like it should be. Beside that we had nice racing!!!

Nico

Attached Files:

• pic1.jpg
      pic1.jpg
      File size:
      54.8 KB
      Views:
  16. Neil Gardner

Neil Gardner

Ratings:
    +0
    And this is exactly why I like racing on private servers with names to go along with behaviours... James' passing move was optimistic, but if he had managed to keep from locking it would have been brilliant.

I saw him coming and stayed a bit wider than normal and was a little annoyed when he did come through and touch. Despite the touch I had a good run out of the corner and I had totally lined up a similar move into the next corner. It was only in the middle of my braking that I realised this was a lot easier than I expected, so thanks to James for recognising that the previous pass was a little unfair and essentially making room for me.

It was pretty nerve wracking watching you close on me over the previous few laps and I was pretty damn happy with 6th from 25 in my first night racing with you guys.

Cheers - N

17. Wally Masterson

Wally Masterson

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, that was me. It was an "Oh **** I've braked too late, try not to hit anyone" moment. Sorry for the excitement...

18. Michael Stead

Michael Stead
    Premium

Ratings:
    +292
    I have to say, I thought that was pretty funny. I'm turning into the hairpin and suddenly whoosh!! a seat goes flying by in front of me. Gave me a flippin' heart attack. :pound:

19. Michael Stead

Michael Stead
    Premium

Ratings:
    +292
    No problems Nico, it was fun racing. I just wanted to give an explaination and apology to Mtommi for getting in his way

20. Attila Domján

Attila Domján

Ratings:
    +23
    loooool, thats a nice pic in post 95, like: WATCH OUT, BOMB IS COMING, MOVE AWAY, PLEEEEEASE!!!! GOOOSH, THANKS GUYS.... :) :) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.