• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Oceania Zone - WTCC06 & 07 @ Magny Cours Sunday 17th August 2008

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Warren Dawes, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Günthar Rowe

Günthar Rowe

Ratings:
    +30
    oh, bugger, don't let Mr T race...

2. Günthar Rowe

Günthar Rowe

Ratings:
    +30
    FYI

:gossip: FYI for the near future events:

New Zealand Daylight Saving begins again on Sunday 28 September 2008, which will make a 11AM GMT race start time become 12AM Midnight here in NZ... With 2 x ~10-13 lap races this will see the racing ending around 1 - 1:30AM...:LarsGerritKorb:

3. Grant Daly

Grant Daly

Ratings:
    +0
    Please for the New Team F.E.A.R Skin Paks checkout Michael Herrmanns Post the Creator of these skins Post in this thread...
    http://forum.racedepartment.com/club-race-07/6296-oceania-zone-wtcc06-07-%40-magny-cours-sunday-17th-august-2008-a-2.html#post123302
    And for the addon skin of our newest Team member checkout His post a few down from that one above... Cheers G...

Quick NOTE: Daniel Plainker is our newest Driver and his is the addon If he isn't able to Run this evening then you'll still have his skin for future events anyway :) Thanks PPL

4. Chris Noble

Chris Noble

Ratings:
    +0
    its open quali like usual right? so we can join the server midway through.

5. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    RaceDepartment Founder Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +18,107
    Second server has opened for all late joiners. Enjoy!

6. Ben Tusting

Ben Tusting

Ratings:
    +133
    What a great race that was not.

Qualified 3rd which was good only 5 tenths behind the an alien (Ludwig)

Overall I got 5 stop go's this track is as bad as Imola.

Also people need to look first before they come back onto the track

7. Günthar Rowe

Günthar Rowe

Ratings:
    +30
  8. Günthar Rowe

Günthar Rowe

Ratings:
    +30
    :focus:

great fun, even tho I stuffed my car on lap 1 race 2 :thumb: :pound:

9. Olaf.j Linortner

Olaf.j Linortner

Ratings:
    +0
    thnx guys for a great pair of races .
    race 1
    tried to stay out of the way ,got distracted by someone elses accident at T1 missed my line ,hit the wall i think and was left dead in the sand and got collected by warren i think DNF
    race 2
    just stayed out of trouble
    :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

10. Chris Noble

Chris Noble

Ratings:
    +0
    Very good races.

Qualified 7th, but the game crashed just before the end so had to start 24th with Daniel who had the same problem as me in his honda!

Made very good progress through the field on lap 1 as some bmw's and seats had some comings togethers in front of me allowing me to make up the places with Daniel on my tail. Caught a group fighting it out incuding James Yates (not in BMW!)

Only bad part was the 2nd to last lap on the 2nd fast chicane and I got up the inside of a BMW, but we banged doors so they went on the gravel, slowed down and waited, but Grant said it was just a racing incident so I carried on (he was watching from the pits).

So went from 24th to 5th in the end which was great fun!

Race 2 was much harder and had Daniel on my tail straght away in his honda. Ludwig came steaming trhough and causes some interesting tank slappers for several cars in his wake he was that fast!

Had an incident with Yurgen? (BMW) on the 2nd to last corner with him going up the inside and then trying to move to the outside before he was fully past me and nearly spun, but managed tro hold on.

Paolo D???? (Chevy) crashed with another car in front of me and then came back on track and pushed me off the track and later on pushed me in the 1st chicane spinning me round and losing 3 places.

Then finally battling Jame Yates and put too much power down on the exit of the final chicane into the barriers wrecking my car :(

11. Ian Beech

Ian Beech

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks All

Great racing again, but just like to say sorry Warren Dawes for the accident on race 1 as KampferAs came into my side after he hit the grass, but that's racing. :)
    no probs KampferAs mate :)

Race 2 just like to thank Grant Daly, for pulling to one side and letting me take my place back after we touched. but must say trying to type thanks after, did not help me keep my place!!!

Thanks all

12. Grant Waterman

Grant Waterman

Ratings:
    +0
    Was going to keep this to a PM but as you have mentioned it heres my version. You came from 4 car lengths from behind, cut the corner, launched off the ripple strips into the side of my car sending me spinning off the track, and then kept going. 1293 on the replay.

13. James Yates

James Yates

Ratings:
    +5
    Chris - not a BMW this time, but i regret it, not being able to brake stupidly late and still make it around corners.

Qualy: Not too bad, got a bit lucky with a few people disconnecting which put me up to 9th i think.

Race 1: Got a good start, nearly hit Warren as he got a bad start but i managed to get around him and got a good jump on a few people. Ended up having a battle for 7th place for a few laps until Nico hit the barrier at the exit of the last chicane. I haven't checked the replay yet, but i came so close to hitting him, probably couldn't fit a piece of paper between the 2 cars. Thanks to a few others getting stop go's and making mistakes i moved up to 4th place, about 2 seconds behind David Lemon. However hard i tried i couldn't catch him, and then i eventually made a slight mistake which caused me to have a big spin going up to Chateau D'Eau. This lost me a few places and for the last few laps i had a bit of a battle with Chris until i got a stop go. This forced me to go into the pits on lap 11, and about 3 corners before the pit entrance i got another one... Came out in 10th place and managed to move up to 9th coming out of the final corner, but i cut it too much by accident and got another stop go. Finished in 14th after 40 seconds got added to my final race time.

Race 2: I now had to try and make up for the last race and i got off to a good start, moving up to 13th. Ben jumped the start massively which also ensured i would move up another place when he went in for his stop go. Throughout the first few laps i tried hard to stay with the cars infront and moved up a few places until i was behind Michael Hermann. We had a great battle for a few laps - most corners we were side by side. Eventually i managed to pass Michael and this left me with a 6.6 second gap to the car infront. I closed the gap by about 1.2 seconds a lap which put me right behind Talkiet on the last lap. This meant if i wanted to try and get any further up i would have to go for some suicidal late braking at Chateau D'Eau, i went for it, but locked it up and hit Talkiet. This allowed me to pass, but going into the next corner i ran out wide to let him back past, as my move was unfair. Finished in 7th place, not the result i wanted, but a great fun race compared to the stop go bonanza of the first one.

14. Grant Daly

Grant Daly

Ratings:
    +0
    I am sorry if I gave wrong Impression I wasn't trying to be Race Control I just had the TV cammera and yes Chris did slow thought he was a bit too hard I just mentioned from what I saw it seemed just like a racing incident and being the next to last lap Would have not mattered really I am sorry I didn't mean to interfere just trying to keep as many ppl cool headed as I could

Please forgive me if I read that wrong ... I appologise!!!

He mentioned too that there may have been a lag factor and I know I could see he was carring alot of speed and from watching him and others I knew he seemed to be in just an incident .. That plus Lag sorry if it put you off mate I mean that too !!

15. Mtommi Tam

Mtommi Tam

Ratings:
    +1
    Qualify:
    Good, pos 10,is ok
    Race 1:
    I hit the wall,is my mistake,is ok
    Race 2:
    Thx Victor Shaw,hit my car......,so,lap 3,see him on my behind,i let him pass me,i don't want give him hit again,because i don't want left the track,
    lap 8,thx,ShamefulManny,you car give Nico Major crash,and then stop on the road,but,you don't see other car and then start,so,crash my car,
    After, my car can not fast,very hard on the track,hard control,
    Bad race day for me,.:frown:

16. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,869
    Well that was interesting. Firstly, great to see a full grid of 25 cars, and nice to have two Kiwi's join us for their first race, although I got to see too much of Kampferas in race 1 lol. :)

For me it was a disasterous night's racing, but I didn't have high expectations anyway. I really didn't like the Seat on this track. And just about everything that could go wrong went wrong.

Qualified ok with 1.48.0 for P7 (thanks to Chris dropping out late in Qualy).

Race 1. Went to sleep again and missed the start, dropping heaps of places. Then in turn 1 I slid off the track trying to avoid cars in front. I caught Ian starting lap2 and tried to pass on the outside, but ran out of room. Then Ian was hit by Kampferas, and bounced off the wall back into me (not very nice line through there Kamferas, through the grass). Not your fault Ian, nothing you could do. The car was badly damaged but I could continue. A few laps later I slid wide exiting the first chicane, kept wide when re-entering to give Victor room, but Victor was hit by Kampferas who then slid into me. spinning me off again. A few more laps later, Kampferas slid sideways right in front of me in turn 1, so I headed for the sand to miss him, only to be hit by Kampferas tail as i suddenly found Olajf bogged in the sand. I slammed Olly hard and killed my car totally this time. Race over.

Race 2. Decided to just cruise around and try to stay out of trouble. Had a few good laps with Wally towards the end, so I had some enjoyment at last. Sorry about the light taps Wally, but you were lagging a fair bit tonight and I was having trouble judging where you were. Finished P14.

Kampferas, we have to stop meeting like this, my car can't take it. :D:D

Thanks to all who raced and hope to see more full grids like that.

17. Karoly Kajdy

Karoly Kajdy

Ratings:
    +62
    -

18. Wally Masterson

Wally Masterson

Ratings:
    +0
    In Race 1 I got tagged from behind in T1, spun into the path of other cars and went flying through the gravel to end up in the wall, where I got suspension damage, lost my splitter (and my side mirror!). It was really laggy for me - the traffic in front was very jerky. I got back on the track in 24th and kept going though. At one stage I had some good laps with Michael H. but with no splitter the slower corners were hard going and he got past me. I finished that race 16th.

Race 2 was much better, with one of my best ever starts where I flew past a few people. I was much gentler on easing off the clutch and got the power down really nicely. Although I did get turned around a couple of times in the hairpin by the usual suspects, there was lots of good, close racing, with some good laps with Gwyar, Ben and Mtommi. Great driving Mtommi, to be on my bumper for so long without touching me. I managed to keep Warren off at the end to finish 13th.

Here's a great shot of the field of cars coming into the hairpin. 25 cars is amazing :)

capture_2008-08-17_21-52-59.JPG

19. Karoly Kajdy

Karoly Kajdy

Ratings:
    +62
    I've 2 very hard races done

it was really difficult to do an 8th place on the 1st race
    I'm very proud for this 1 point, cuz it was so hard to get. I was pushing like crazy for that e46, which is 0,5-1 sec. slower than the e90

my 2nd race doesn't succeeded well.
    [​IMG]

20. Wally Masterson

Wally Masterson

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice finish Karloss!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.