RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Most fun I have had in ages.

Quali:

I qualified late when the track was a lake and I only managed a 1.32 but that put me 4th on the grid.

Race 1:

Got a good start and was in 3rd behind my Lennon and my team-mate James. I accidentally tapped Lennon and we both went wide. I waited and stayed behind him. Overall I think we lost 1 place each. However on the next lap Lennon went wide and I was back into second. I spent the rest of the race defending from Trendell and Lennon. Unfortunately Lennon was faster and right near the end he got passed. I managed to hold Trendell off to finish 3rd.

Race2:

Got a good start but a few bumper scrapes and bit behind when I ran wide. Soon after Lennon went off which meant I gained a place pretty quickly. However after having a good fight with Nevermind he managed to get passed as I ran a bit wide on the last corner. Trendell was catching me up but he cocked it up leaving me with no pressure. Towards the end of the race Nevermind went off on the last corner a few times which allowed me to catch up the 3 seconds I lost. On the last lap I managed to get passed and we were side by side up to the finish line. Thankfully I was still ahead and came second.

Overall, a brilliant race and a 1-2 Finish for Fujiwara Tofu:thumb:

Congrats to James for the win :)

All I said at the end of race 1 was "wow" and that pretty much sums that race up. I want to say a big thanks to Oliver & Gary for what was a brilliant race and point out that the temprature in the room was 30c. Still finished 4th but damn that was a good fight and will make a brilliant video.

Race 2 was just as good I just binned it in the 90 degree left with a few laps to go.

More '87 events are needed :)

I echo Oliver and Simons reports of Race one,truly awesome fun battling going on :thumb:,while we traded places on a frequent basis James made good his escape up ahead for a cool win.
Race Two after a very healthy start i binned it big time on the exit of the second to last turn,splitter gone and now a savage pull to the left,i decided to plod on though,and if the guys ahead fought close,i could catch up a bit,but then i arrived upon young master Balfour doing a groovy donut recovery thing plumb on the apex of T1 :D,there was a big bang as it was square on head on collision lol,ofcourse the lad said sorry and i have no probs at all with it,found it all a good bit of fun and laugh tonight,i finished my own race on lap one anyway,with no help at all :D :rolleyes:.

Many Thanks RD for putting this one together for us!
Big Gratso James on race one win,and assume race two as well?,you were looking well set for it when i left.

FootNote: I had two major freeze up crashes tonight only when it was raining,in the dry no probs,i think some others were having the same issues from what ive read as well,so for future reference maybe avoid anything but dry races there?.:

• Michael Sharpe

I was supposed to be in G2 but my computer also crashed midway thru quali (race weather was very bad, maybe this was the problem?). When I got back into the game G2 was already in race mode so I bumped up the numbers in G1 instead.
Started last (no time for quali) and ran around Race1 pretty much last for most of it, had a good race with Nevermind and then a great one with Crazydoc for 8th (and Race2 pole) which I had until I blew it and spun at a fast left (never got the hang of this turn) and finished 9th.
Race2 was quite good also, I was able to stay with the pack early on, was battling for 6th when I spun (same turn again) and rejoined last, which became 8th as others fell out. Was very pleased to see my laptimes stood comparison with the leaders even tho I was last :)

I hope there are more of these 87 events, even I can get these things sideways :D (as long as it never rains tho, wet quali was nasty with the handling, if the races had been wet too it would'nt have been half the fun imo)
:automobile:

Qually:

Kept on spinning out on turn 1, then computer crashed so had to start 9th.

Race One:

Got a good start and almost hit the bumper of Michaels car off the line (Typical Beemer :)) I was 6th and was enjoying watching the scrap for second while James went into the next Zip Code. I soon had Michael up my tail and before you know it he is passed me and away. I decided to take the low - risk approach through out the rest of the race, not doing anything stupid so finished a lonely 7th.

Race Two:

Started 2nd and was 1st by Turn One. In Turn Three was side by side with James and Oliver for the lead. James took the inside and I had no choice but to fend off Oliver and Pawel Oliver was pushed wide and Pawel came up the inside of both of us but ran wide the next turn allowing me to regain 2nd. On the final corner of lap 1 James ran wide and I regained the lead. In turn One he passed me back but I took him on the exit. He got me a corner later and was off :) A few corners later I ran wide and was down to 6th. I then had Michael Hermann on my case once again and he took me into Turn One. I tried the same move I did to James a few laps back but couldnt find the speed. Simon did the same move a lap later, I tried to outbrake him resulting in me running wide spinning in turn one. When I rejoined I saw the front of Garys car in my view and we collided. I said I was sorry but that was the end of both our races.

Overall:

Very good fun and was a big challenge trying to control those cars in the wet of qualifying. Congrats to James and Oliver for their 1-2.

I am on my "summer" holidays but the weather has been bad this week. If the weather is still bad I will do the videos of both races and have them done by tomorrow night. If it is sunny I will probabaly get one or none of them finished by tomorrow but will get them done eventually :)

Thanks to RD for their organisation :)

beautiful track

first outing tonight in the e90. a splendid track, a splendid car, dozens of spins :)

1:39:863 is what I came up with after 45 min., I guess the fast guys will be about 10 secs quicker, just below 1:30:000.
Setup / driving questions of rwd noob:
#1: how do I stop the beemer from going left or right while breaking? Especially that right hander after the downhill bit drives me crazy, I have to basically crawl up to it, if I brake "like a man" there's no stopping her from going into the fence left or right.
question#2: how do I tackle the turns which are on the crest of a little bump, i.e. the two left-handers after the right turn just mentioned. Feels like the car starts to float and no chance to do any steering at that point ...

clueless
eckhart

Yeh Gary, i held it together to win :)

Qualy: Lucked in at the start of the session before the track got really wet and grabbed second on the grid.

Race 1: Great start that gave me 1st going into the first corner, and from then on i started to pull small gap over Gary, but he was able to keep up, along with a few others who were very quick. I got my break a few laps later when Olly tried to pass Gary and tapped him, causing them to both run wide. This gave me about a 3 second lead, and this increased due to the epic battle going on behind me. Won the race, however it wasn't without a few scary slides as the rear tyres wore out a bit.

Race 2: Started in 8th and got a good start, following Olly into the first corner. There was a gap down the inside so i went for it, and to avoid contact i had to go inside the white line on turn 1. This didn't gain me any time as the tarmac there has little grip and it messed up my line. However, i was now in 3rd and going into the 4th corner i managed to get down the inside of Olly and Ross giving me the lead. I then had a good battle with Nevermind for a few laps, with us changing position often. Then i managed to pull away and from then on it was much the same as race 1, with the battle behind allowing me to pull away. A few mistakes from Nevermind towards the end of the race helped me to have a 10 second lead. Won the race, and with Olly grabbing 2nd place right at the end, it gave us a 1-2 finish for Fujiwara Tofu Racing :)

More '87 races please - the cars are SO great to drive :D

• Michael Sharpe

Name on RD forum: Michael Sharpe
Name in game: Michael Sharpe
Control: Keyboard
Car: Peugeot 407
Special remarks: Pug Power :)

Thank you , thank you, thank you Jari, can't say it enough. Terrific movie showing just how close and intense that race was, especially that battle among the leading bunch.

Thanks also for showing a good selection of racers, so everyone can feel involved. Was I seeing right, it looks like you let Atti win over the line. Surely you weren't that generous??

This is a great contribution to our Oceania Group and sure to help boost our new group along.

:bg: :sign0092: :sign0021: :sign0100:

We had a little contact between us in a last lap as is shown in a movie. I went little wide and dropped to 2nd position but Atti let me pass him again. To me his pass was clean so I let him pass/win because his overtaking was clean and it was right thing to do.

About the movie:my pleasure
Thank you very much for Warren, Atti and whole RD staff for you great work.

peace
Jari

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 187 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 188 10.4%