RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I'm sorry I didn't make it,had to work late
icon8.gif
otherwise I would've cancelled. I hope everybody had a good race.

Name on RD forum: McBrain
Name in game: Dietmar Auferkorte
Your Country: Germany
Control: Logtech Formula Force EX
Car: Seat Leon 2007
Special remarks:
In case there should be a free place (I am in Europe)
I hope I can go with the same car as tonight,I guess the only way to improve is to try and practice :)

• Jerome Benard

Sign me on the reserve list. If i wake up not too late, i confirm in last minutes before.:thumb:

Name on RD forum: Jerome Benard
Name in game: Jerome Benard

Your Country: France
Control: Momo Racing
Car: Alfa 07
Special remarks:

Overall, I had a good race meeting. I qualified 7th with a 1:30.6XX, which was close to a PB. I ran cleanly for the first few laps, and then made a mistake at the chicane, and dropped from 6th to 11th. I then drove cleanly for quite a while, slowly climbing back to 8th as others made their mistakes. I had a great dice with Grant Powell. In one corner, I misjudged his speed and tapped him off. Sorry Grant!! I waited for him, and our dice continued for several more laps before I got by him. Then I ran fast, closing up on the next car, and got within a second or so at the end. Finished 6th, my best ever in an FD event!:thumb:

Race 2 started in 3rd, and had quite a dice for the first lap or so. I was not fast on the start, and a couple of folks got by, but then they tangled at the chicane, so I was back to 3rd again. Then Jamie ran right up my tailpipe! I drove pretty well for me, and held him off for a bit. Then after Jamie went by, I was dueling with Karl (he was pressuring the heck out of me:D), and I made a mistake and spun. I waited for a clear spot to rejoin, and was back in 15th! From there I had some good running, and some nice duels with Dietmar and with Grant. Deitmar, no problem on the contact! We were side by side, and you started to slide. Nothing either one of us could do at that point!:thumb: As I am slowly learning, these things just happen!
I finished in 11th for race 2, and 8th overall, again my best overall finish in FD by far!:D

I had a great time, and I am slowly improving in traffic. I still need some work though as Grant can attest.:rolleyes: Thank you all for some great racing, and some great education. Hopefully I will continue to improve, and not make all the mistakes that I am now. I have gotten a bit faster on clear laps, so that makes my traffic skill more important. However, it also makes it easier to practice them, LOL.:wink:

Thanks guys!

Chris

First off i would like to say i had a throughly good time this being only my second event at Race Department where i came last (WTCC 87) so hopes where not to high LOL.

Race 1:

Qualified in 10th and had a resonable start as the two guys in front of me Ricky and Chris did not seem to have great one's neither did Szilard meaning i made it up to 9th and i had a sniff at trying to go between Ricky & Chris but thought better of it as Chris followed the racing line which meant i was running out of space

Not much happened between now and a little later in the lap when i gained 7th after seing Ben's car on its side against the barrier (the replay was comical it was like watching a stuntman roll it LOL, check my profile for a pic of this)

Lap 3 i managed to get up to 7th after Lazslo went off although i nearly crapped my pants when i nearly hit him on the straight as he waited to join the track, i also got 6th here after Ricky had gone wide.

But the end of lap 3 well i was hit in the rear quarter panel and spun and expected to be allowed to regain track postion but this did not happen as the person made no attempt of slowing down (you know who you are), this i was a little disappointed with especially as this put me in 11th.

I managed to get back up to 6th when i was tapped from behind by Chris who was a true gentlemen and let me gain position at the expense of us both losing a track position, unfortunately this i did not hold for long and was kncoked down into 8th where i finished the race.

Race 2:

Started in P2 got overtaking by a few cars at the start then disaster struck as i well outbraked myself went off track (probably giving Ben the scare off his life as i flew past him) and ended up last,i managed to get a few places back and finshed 12th overall off 14.

Overall im very happy with my performance as this being my third race and the first one with my new wheel and i got 8th and have not yet no knocked anyone of the track which im proud off as rookie to say

Hope to catch you all again soon :)

First race in the FD series , was very late from work but there ware 10 min left in training, so in time for Qualf. did 12 spot on the start, my front runner forget to start and I break hard get a kiss in my behind so I give a kiss to my front runner and get of in last place, a few guys went of an I was 12't stay there fore the rest of the race, slipt of and lost my front splitter that makes it difficult fore the rest of the race but finn. 12't
race 2 was not very different, finnest the race, less mistakes get past by the front runners hope I was not in the way.

Very nice track to drive , nice guys to drive wish, will try better in the next race.(More practice time!)

Gr Hans

Wow, what a race! I really worked up a sweat in front of my PC :amen:

Qualification

I had a really good, stable and fast setup. In the practice I suddenly realized that I was one of the quickest on track (who could ever have imagined that) and felt that I had a shot for pole. Jamie really forced me to push to the absolute maximum! The race had started even before the green lights had lit up. I was about 0.05 behind Jamie when suddenly Ben came out of nowhere and snatched the pole from us. Good one Ben! :thumb: I made it to P3

Race 1
Made a fool out of myself at the start and dropped to 5th before T1 (I'm not used to FWD cars :p ) Managed to get up to Jamies tail early on in the race. We had some excellent racing until I lost it as I was to close to him at one point. For the remainder of the race Raino, Nigel and I fought it out. Those laps were probably the most intense racing I've (ever) had. I finished P3 behind Nigel.

Race 2
Got off the line a bit better this time, close on Nigels tail. Jamie managed to squeeze by me in the first part of the race. For several laps we were five or six drivers going like a train around the track. I've watched the replay and have to say that even though we all were so close to each other there were hardly any paint swapping - good old tight but clean racing! :thumb: Had some really tight racing with Chris as he refused to let me by :) Some really good driving there Chris! I hope we'll do it again sometime soon.

A special sorry has to go to Laszlo and Raino as I were a bit to close to the both of them at different parts of the race. I touched Laszlos rear and made us both spin out, fortunately the both of us could carry on without to much of a loss. A bit later on I scrubbed Rainos inside door and forced him out wide. I'm sorry Laszlo and Raino :redface:

I finished the race in P2 just ahead of Nigel :becky:

If I could drive this good at the regular RD WTCC events, I'd rule and dominate the roster :D:becky:
:third:
Kind regards,
Karl

Thanks Karl.:thumb: I was feeling pretty good about staying with you fast guys for a bit, and I was just focusing on fast laps, with no deliberate defensive maneuvers. Eventually, I spun out to let you by though, lol.:D

I look forward to some more racing with all of you!

Chris

Oceania Zone Event No.3

Welcome to another event for our new Oceania Zone.

These races are primarily aimed towards our members in Australia, New Zealand, and S.E. Asia so the race times are set for that zone. However, we welcome entrants from other timezones who would like to race at this time and help us to maximize our starting grids.
The only thing we ask is that priority be given to Oceania members since they often don't get the opportunity to race other events.

This time, we move to Fuji in Japan
fuji4cb1.jpg

Event details
Game: Race 07
Date: Sunday 12th of July 2008
Server: RaceDepartment.com
Car: WTCC 06, WTCC 07 *
Skins: Custom skins allowed.
Circuit: Fuji
Password: Here

* NOTE: The Vauxhall Vectra is also allowed to be used in this event.
Note: You must install the Vectra from Steam to see it in the game (if not, I think you will see a default Chevy).

Event schedule (GMT time)
Practice: 10:30 GMT, 30 mins (8.30PM Aust Eastern Standard Time)
Qualifying: 11:00 GMT, 30 mins (9.00PM AEST)
Race: 11:30 GMT, (9.30PM AEST)
Laps: 2 by 12 laps

Server settings
Allowed driving aids: Auto clutch/auto gears
Weather: Dry
Failures: Normal
Start: Standing

Please use the following format for sign up:

Name on RD forum:
Name in game:
Your Country:
Control:
Car:
Special remarks:

Sign-up:

*** Prepared to step aside to make room for Oceania members in needed.

Reserves

The Racing Club wants to try something new as part of our regular race nights

We will be trialling a new format to add to the fun but also to make our Staff Admin workload a little easier. Here is the format.

RaceDept. WTCC Sprint Night

We will setup the server with three tracks (default tracks but three different types for variety). Cars will be WTCC 06 & WTCC 07 including Vectra (download the vectra here). Start time will be 19.00 GMT (practice) and races will be short sprint races of 5 laps each.

Servers will be open to whoever wants to join and you can stay for as many races as you wish. We will open at least two rooms just in case we need more capacity for additional groups.

To help get an idea of numbers, we would appreciate you adding a reply here by simply saying "I'm in" or similar.

So, come along and enjoy some sprint racing fun.

Details

Date: Tuesday 8th July 2008
Event: WTCC Sprint Night
Time: From 19.00 GMT
Practice time: 20 mins
Qualy Time: 10 mins
Race: 2 by 5 laps each (each event will follow closely after each other)

Server: RaceDepartment Sprint Night
Weather: Variable
Start: Standing

Password: Usual Racing Club Password Here

Allowed driving aids: Auto clutch/auto gears
Failures: Normal

Tracks:
1. Istanbul 06
2. Macau 07
3. Curitiba 07

[Edit]
Our server will run the normal Race07 version with the Crowne Plaza Expansion. For this event we will not run the beta patch (see H:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe). So start your normal Steam/Race07 while joining!

• Grant Daly

Name on RD forum: Hamm3rhed
Name in game: Grant Daly
Control: G25
Car: Chevrolet (Skin to come)
Special remarks: Go you good thing... :Hamm3rHed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%