RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Chris Noble

Bah that was annoying

Got a good start after qualifying 4th and had a good battle with Nigel and Christopher although they had much more pace than me somehow despite me out qualifying them! It was more a case of tirewear problems as i was getting warnings on lap 14 about it. Setup my pit strategy and pitted at the end of lap 18 after Nigel and Christopher had.

Game turned off the ignition and they refueled and put my tires on. I was then trying to get the dam engine started (Ignition key then the starter key) and it wouldnt start, then the game DNF'ed me and took me out of the race :( Dont know why it wouldnt start. had this before with GTR2, but it always starts eventually and when we were beta testing the patch it was fine.

I did have keys mapped to the ignition and starter options also so odd one.

lol it was GREAT fun....i mean it :)
i had a blast fighting for position...but i have to apologize badly to Nigel....it was never my intention to hit you...i guess i was so concentrated about how to pass you that i keep forgetting to brake in that corner :(...really sorry

I think i could have won or at least challenge first position if it wasn't my dump mistakes that keep making me loose valuable time (go off track....could not start engine so lost at least 4 to 10 seconds in first pit)....i was at one point 1 min behind....still finished 30 sec or less behind with only 0.000000 liters of fuel looooooooooolll
i was coasting the car badly on the final straight... loooool
i was still able to finish 3rd with the Alfa....I really found my rythem in the last pitstop
gr all.... and lol at gary with bully thing :)

fun race!!! now even though i was last man over the line i still hold there were 5 non finishers behind me who left server for differing reasons :D

first online endurance and after a days slog being audited this was what was needed. i'd never driven track, and practice and quali were mainly taken up with getting kids into bed so a 2:09 was the best. 18 starters so i set my sights on 18th!

made a bit of a whoopsey on the fuel for first stint. i'd done a couple of 2 lap stints and used 3L of fuel. obvious calcs and my planned strategy to carry a little extra on first stint to shortern the two stops meant i went to grid with 45L of fuel. i should have trusted the in game calc as i was driving a tank and getting it to stop at times was fun! 1st pit stop was just tyres and 2nd pit stop was a wee top up only - anyone beat an 8.4s pitstop???

made a couple of mistakes near end as braked with wheel on grass - just drifted that bit too much.

poor old ghidi kept meeting me in or near turn 1 which left me thinking what was the best line to take - keep inside? go deep? just drive normal line and let past out of turn 2 into 3? still not sure i ever got it right for him hope didn't add too much time to race.

look forward to the next event... maybe with a bit more practice and a set up not trying to kill me into every turn. :thumb:

Ohh man... that was incredible! :evil:

Qualy: Ludwig was faster than me by .460 secs, grats to pole!

Race: It was fantastic !!! Got a good start, P1 at first corner, but first lap Ludwig came back, so 2nd. After about 10 laps his seat/setup/drivingstyle (dunno :) ) started to eat the tyres, i got back to his ass in 2-3 laps driving 3 seconds of disadvantage to zero, got P1.
I was the first to pit, what was really unexpected by me, i started with ~ 45litres. After the first stop-round had an advantage of 17 seconds, when 2nd stop was terrible... I drove past my pit point, and got my engine stall (like a blondie lol), so start engine with binded button, reverse, stop.......... after the 2nd stopround my ad decreased to 7secs, and after i went off track in turn3 :/ so Ludwig could get back by 2.2 secs, but his tyres again =)).
After this i finished simply, with about 7 secs of ad. It's really tiring to race so big distance to my mind too, in the last 20-30mins i made lots of small errors.
About the fuel, i calculated with the stops that if I set it to 50litres, i'll be fueled up to 50, but it was ADDITIONAL 50litres, so in the finish i had 23litres of nafta... at least i could drive back home lol :D

It was a great event at all, thanks RD Staff, and grats all who finished! Waiting for more wtcc endurances (with some blaaaaack clouds cruising on the sky :amen:)!!

Tried something new and decided to do the race with Ben, with us swapping mid race in one pitstop. Sorry about joining under Ben's profile and causing a lot of confusion, as we intended to do the race under my name as i had signed up.

Qualy: Bit slow and never really got the chance to do a good lap so we ended up in 13th

Race: I started and got a good jump on some of the other cars around me as they were front wheel drive. Moved up to 9th and then had a little battle with a few people. A few laps later, Sébastien Poidevin spun and ended up in the middle of the track, who was then hit by Michael Sharpe which took them both out of contention. This moved me up to 7th which i held for quite a while. Between us we had decided to try to spend as little time in the pits as possible, and this i kept as the strategy and stayed out on the same set of tyres for about 40 mins. I eventually decided to pit as i couldn't keep the car going at a good pace, so around the 50 mins to go mark i pitted for tyres only. Quick pitstop and i was back out in 7th and now with a car light on fuel and with fresh tyres. This allowed me to push the car and i managed a 1:54:1xx. I also ran into a stroke of luck when Chris Nobles car wouldn't start so i gained another place. Now 6th i pitted with around 33mins to go as i was running low on fuel. Unfortunately we messed up our pitstop, prefect driver change, but we forgot to fuel the car :pound:. Ben, now driving the car came into the pits on the next lap and filled the car up. He then had about 31 mins to drive the car home on the same set of tyres. Simon had managed to move ahead of us due to the pitstop cockup and Ben chased him down and managed to close the gap to within about half a second. Simon then pitted and Ben drove a good race and kept the car out of trouble for the most part. This gave us a safe gap to 7th and the car infront was about 50 secs ahead so there was no chance of making up a position. When the leaders were lapping Ben at the end of the race, he tapped Christophers car, however with Christopher conserving fuel i doubt it did much to harm his race. Ben then crossed the line alongside Warren and just behind Christopher to give a nice photo finish :)

Great race, and sorry about the profile confusion, i cant wait for some GTR Evo action in a few weeks now. :thumb:

hey np James
it is a great concept you guys pulled:thumb:
maybe an idea/tip for next time endurance....try to make a profile with both name showing...Ben & James...it will be much clearer :)

and don't worry about the tap...i was to busy seeing if i will make the front straight :D

We were going to go and change it, but there wasn't really enough time to do the profile and sort all the stuff related to it out :)

Dusting a beemer from the lights down to T1 made me grin ear to ear :becky:,pulled away early from my Mini cohorts and just got on with it,lap after lap the same,17.6secs pit on lap 26(44mins to run) for fuel and tyres,the race was all about being lapped after Andreas fell foul to a blue flag bug stop and go,i was glad to get to use the pit pre set feature successfully in preperation for the GTR Evo races,also quite happy with running 90mins without a single spin or mistake :).

Thank You RD and well done everyone there for a finish,and sorry to hear some having problems causing no finish.

Well that was fun, and mainly a learning experience for me. I had never done a pitstop since the new patch so this was my chance to learn. Also a chance to hop back in a Mini :)

I figured there wasn't much point in qualifying since the Mini couldn't compete with the WTCC cars, so just tried to practice with full fuel. I sat out Qualy and decided to start from last and just settle into a rhythm. As usual, my luck deserted me on the opening lap. At the start I slotted in behind Keith and hopped onto his tail. Approaching the right hander, Keith swerved right to reveal a spinning Mini across the track. Andreas received a punt from another Mini and spun but quickly drove back across the track into my path, so we hit hard and I had damaged suspension. Sorry Andreas but I had no chance to miss you. It's amazing though, even in a 90 min endurance race, we still can't get a clean first lap. :frown:
After that everyone disappeared leaving Keith and I to have a race together for a while.
Most of the race I spent on my own, except for the regular arrival of lapping WTCC cars, so I had plenty of blue flag warnings. It was actually not easy trying to judge how to let them past, I was surprised how quickly they came up on me. Many times I had to bail out into the sand to get out of the way. :rolleyes:

My pitstop went ok no unusual dramas, so that was good. I only changed tyres once but they were getting sloppy towards the end. I was set upon by Ben and Chris over the last lap with Chris advising that he was running out of fuel, so I readied myself to give him a push over the line but he glided over himself. :D

It was an interesting event, and I think more of these would be fun. It was a good roll up too.

• Sol Leung

This 90 mins race was fun!!

In qualify, I found that i'm alots slower then the top guys, and i only qualify 7th with the high 53 in my E90. :p

I had a good start with my RWD powered bimmer, and moved myself up to 3rd in T1.
I was planning to just make only 1 pit stop in the whole race, but due to the tire warning message keep on poping up lap after lap, i decided to make 2 stops, but later due to a mis-calculation on the fuel usuage(i was just 1 lap short on fuel, lesson learned), i made a 3rd pit stop just to top off, and lost my podium finish, and finished in 4th overall. :D

In the middle on the race, i had a great battle with Nigel Accord and Chrisopher Alfa until lap 28 they got into an accidents and i slipped away. It was a very fun experience to battle for position and lapping the slower mini in the same time. Sometimes it was abit tough to find a good place to past the slower mini, as u're chasing the guys up front, I'm sorry if i did a bad move on lapping the slower mini guys. :redface:

Overall it was a very fun events and great learning progress to get use to the pit stop and endurance style racing for the upcoming Evo. :rolleyes:

Thank You RD again for creating such a fun event! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

• Grant Daly

Name on RD forum: Grant Daly
Name in game: Grant Daly
Control: G25
Car: #30
Special remarks: I like the Castrol Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year