Obutto r3volution for FPS gaming

Hi guys,

I'd like to get back into SIM racing when i get chance.. so i'm looking for a complete desktop replacement soluton as i also play a lot of FPS games.. the r3voluton seems the ideal thing.

Can anybody with one vouch for it's sturdyness for keyboard & mouse gaming. it looks like it could be a little wobbly or could bend a little with the weight of my hands on the keyboard/mouse platform... I hve struggled to find the answer online as nearly all reviews focus on racing with it.. which i can see will do the job fine

Cheers

I dont know about the r3volution, but I recently bought an Ozone and also play a lot of fps and do other things. I like the sturdiness of the keyboard tray that comes with it even though its a bit clumsy. No problem with movement under the weight of my hands. Actually it feels as if its made of some spare part from a tank or something, because its very heavy and stable. The mounting is not the best though and if I want to swivel it, I must loosen the rotating fastening knob and that makes the tray to drop down and i have to adjust the position (takes some muscle since its pretty heavy). But thats when swiveling. Once in place its very stable. I think that the upgrade keyboard tray that also is standard on r3volution is better since it has several swivel joints and seem to be more movable without adjusting it. If it has just a fraction of the sturdiness of the original Ozone tray it will be sturdy enough... I have it on my wish-list.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the feedback Andreas, Brilliant.
This is the kind of thing that concerns me. If it's just a case of adjuting a bolt slightly to have it tight so it doesnt swing away from you while moving the mouse about etc then thats cool. I'm hoping it to feel as sturdy as it does currently with a keyboard & mouse on my desk.

How do you get on with the mouse cord/wire hanging off the edge of the table top? Is there enough room for a mouse bungee perhaps? (got to admit i havent checked dimension of the table top piece on the website yet).

Upvote 0
I have fastened the cord on the underside of the tray and down alongside to the underside of the seat were I mounted a usb hub so that the cords for mouse and keyboard are out of the way. A longer USB cable is fastened from there to the pc. Theres also room for the headset and other USB devices on the hub. Be sure though to use a good quality hub with extra power if you plan to connect several devices to it.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 337 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 228 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%
  • < 5 years