(Obsolete)F1 2021 Reduced Mercedes performance | Slower Mercedes

Misc (Obsolete)F1 2021 Reduced Mercedes performance | Slower Mercedes Update 1

Login or Register an account to download this content
StrongestFish submitted a new resource:

F1 2021 Reduced Mercedes performance | Slower Mercedes - For those who are tired of Mercedes victories

This mod slows down the Mercedes, removing it from the first places in each race and qualifying.

Without mod:
View attachment 493240
With mod:
View attachment 493241

Works in:
-MyTeam & Driver career(including already started ones)
-Grand Prix
-Split-screen
-Game v.1.05

Installation: this mod is compatible with skin mods, so just do simply copy-paste.
1.If you play without other car characteristics mods:
Open archive, open folder "Main version" and...

Read more about this resource...

i like the idea, maybe this year my dream come true and equal performance turn real
It's possible to do, but the slowest and fastest drivers will remain the same with a margin of about a second from first to last in one-shot qualify. I tested only on Williams. Williams here has the performance and AI from Mercedes, but individual characteristics of each driver are unmoddable, so Russell still has +0.7 from Hamilton and Latifi has +1.0.
20210804153819_1.jpg

Is there a way to adjust driver ratings? Aka, nerf Bottas a bit only? I'm ok with Hamilton being constantly in the top, he is in real life after all. But Bottas winning every championship and almost every race is a bit much...

Is there a way to adjust driver ratings? Aka, nerf Bottas a bit only? I'm ok with Hamilton being constantly in the top, he is in real life after all. But Bottas winning every championship and almost every race is a bit much...
No. This parameters probably located in F1 2021\game_package\gamedatabases.bin or game.dat or in .exe file, but we can't edit that until there is a programmer who will fully decrypt it. So there is no individual driver skills editing since F1 2015.

No. This parameters probably located in F1 2021\game_package\gamedatabases.bin or game.dat or in .exe file, but we can't edit that until there is a programmer who will fully decrypt it. So there is no individual driver skills editing since F1 2015.
Darn it :(
With the new driver ratings, I'm actually surprised they didn't include an editor in the game this year.

It's possible to do, but the slowest and fastest drivers will remain the same with a margin of about a second from first to last in one-shot qualify. I tested only on Williams. Williams here has the performance and AI from Mercedes, but individual characteristics of each driver are unmoddable, so Russell still has +0.7 from Hamilton and Latifi has +1.0.
View attachment 493462
it's still better than the 3.5 second difference from the first to the last, i try to do something similar on the assetto corsa with the ballast on the rss f1, and I leave a gap of 1 second

if possible, i would like you to upload this mod configuration

View attachment 493462
Something I wanted to know.
I remember during last year's cycle, someone in this forum had mention how the AI are not affected by the car performance if you simply increase the stats of their car, they'll only be affected if the car stats are decreased.

I wonder if that was true and is it still affecting this year's game? Or did you actually managed to mod the AI to adapt to the modded Williams' performance in this pic?

Last edited:
Yes, i just swapped AI from Mercedes to Williams here: F1 2021\2021_asset_groups\f1_2021_vehicle_package\ai
Thanks friend.
I wonder if it's possible to use Mercedes AI for Williams, but then make Williams having other team's car performance? Does that still works?
(I'm not exactly sure how the AI / Car performance works in this game...still trying to figure things out :()

I mean, do they have to be exact fit or can you mix them up?

Last edited:
Thanks friend.
I wonder if it's possible to use Mercedes AI for Williams, but then make Williams having other team's car performance? Does that still works?
(I'm not exactly sure how the AI / Car performance works in this game...still trying to figure things out :()

I mean, do they have to be exact fit or can you mix them up?
You can swap all car performances between any teams, and also change any parameter separately such as engine power, grip, damage sensitivity, mass of chassis etc. But AI parameters have 100 000 lines for every team, and it's absolutely not obvious how to edit them to achieve a specific result, so the best we can do is just swap them..

You can swap all car performances between any teams, and also change any parameter separately such as engine power, grip, damage sensitivity, mass of chassis etc. But AI parameters have 100 000 lines for every team, and it's absolutely not obvious how to edit them to achieve a specific result, so the best we can do is just swap them..
I think I'm gonna experiment replacing Williams AI with Mercedes AI, and then improve Williams' car performance to somewhat slightly worse than Mercedes (because Williams' car upgrade scale much better than Merc) to see how they cope with it.

I just hated how the vanilla maxed out Williams and their AI is still so much worse than Merc when it's just 80% in the R&D last year.

Last edited:
any chance u can make a performance mod like with the order u like for exsample mclaren first aston secound williams 3rd etc like basicily like u would like to be quick and who u want slow every car if possible

Last edited:
any chance u can make a performance mod like with the order u like for exsample mclaren first aston secound williams 3rd etc like basicily like u would like to be quick and who u want slow every car if possible
No, i don't want to do this, but you can make it by yourself.
Use information from this thread:

hola podrias hacer lo mismo tambien con redbull te lo agradeceria un saludo
You can do it by yourself.
Open erp file of Red Bull here: F1 2021\2021_asset_groups\f1_2021_vehicle_package\teams\redbull\wep
with help of Ego ERP Archiver, export vtf.xml file, open in text editor, find line <Mass value="749" /> and set to 790(for example). After that import xml back, save erp and launch the game.

You can do it by yourself.
Open erp file of Red Bull here: F1 2021\2021_asset_groups\f1_2021_vehicle_package\teams\redbull\wep
with help of Ego ERP Archiver, export vtf.xml file, open in text editor, find line <Mass value="749" /> and set to 790(for example). After that import xml back, save erp and launch the game.
Where can you find the <Mass value= "749"/>? in engine or chassis or where?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back