Nvidia Video Cards + Drivers

Atti, it is not needed to install all drivers, i post only the ones i like, and it seems this is a good one again.

There will never be a final driver, i actually hate this too but if i compare the first 8800 driver with the ones we heave now, there is really made improvements in image quality and performance, so i also think Nvidia does a good job.

Ye, i agree on this Marcel, but the last driver i could install only by manually aborting the PhysXpart of it from Task Manager when it started (thx to Ramon who advised me to do it), otherwise it continuously said i have not the 64bit Vista, and that driver is for that, other time it said when i started to install, that i have a 32 bit uninstaller, and installation aborts now...

My advise for (most people´s) graphics drivers is that if you find one that works well for you, stick with it for a while (ie. go with the old adage, "if it ain't broken, don't fix it!") ...

If you are not having problems and your hardware doesn't change (or there are no major ground breaking updates), two or maybe three driver updates per year should be good enough see you good with all the latest enhancements and fixes, etc

Claims of performance improvements are tempting if you have marginal / unsatisfactory FPS or performance ... but wait a little before rushing in and installing them, check the guru3d forums (or here) to see how people rate them ...

And ... 100 or 200 points in 3Dmark really doesn't amount to that much when it comes to real life gaming.

BTW ... I have had a few probs with the 177.83 drivers failing and restarting whilst running race (black screen for a few sec´s resulting me in the barrier!), so I will be testing these as soon as I get chance - thanks for the up Marcel :thumb:

When you try the 177.92's:

1)Uninstall your old drivers
2) Restart
3) Run Driver cleaner pro. Select the Nvidia cleaning fliter
4) It should delete a few files however in Vista for me it never finishes so after a few minutes just close the program
5) Install the 177.92's.

Thx ... and funny actually - years ago when Nvidia drivers were even more flakey than they are today (not possible surely :wink:) I used to use driver cleaner pro with every upgrade, but more recently I haven't found the need for it just going up to a newer driver version.

Think I used it once a couple of months ago to back-out a newer beta that caused me grief, but apart from that kind of thing or a problematic install, don´t really see the need for it, as the old Nvidia drivers will be overwritten anyhow.

Heh heh ... for me, these are spot on with Race 07 ... was having driver crashes, machine freezing and all sorts with 177.83 drivers, upped to these today and tonight's mini race ran as smooth as its ever been!!

ok, gonna try it then, yesterday during the League practise my picture and game freezed again for some good 10 sec, the whole qualy and race i was frightened it will happen again... luckily did not come...

• Alex Guehennec

ok, gonna try it then, yesterday during the League practise my picture and game freezed again for some good 10 sec, the whole qualy and race i was frightened it will happen again... luckily did not come...

I had same problem few months ago, and for me it was my 2nd harddisk who started (cause it shut off after 20min)
and during the start my game freezed 10sec too.
After setting in windows control settings it was good
Maybe for you it s same maybe not

no, it was simple graphic driver did not respond, and after repaired itself error message was after, so surely related to grphical thing.

Installed this thingy, not too much change, in fact nearly invisible in performance for me, hope will be more stable now.

I tryed it out but there was not much difference only my 3dmark was 2000 points lower ? So i installed driver 7.15.11.7779 again.
That's the best driver for me at this moment.
I wait for the new driver in late september then i can look at 2 screens at the same time with Sli :)

no, it was simple graphic driver did not respond, and after repaired itself error message was after, so surely related to grphical thing.

Installed this thingy, not too much change, in fact nearly invisible in performance for me, hope will be more stable now.

That was exactly the problem I was having and quoted in the thread about "graphics driver stopped responding ..."
Did full practise, quali and 60 min race in minis on Friday night and everything was perfect with these drivers (except my driving and result :lol:)
My mem and CPU usage seems far more balanced too with these than the 177.83's ... maybe they were a bit more aggressive on system resources, maybe overly so??

I tryed it out but there was not much difference only my 3dmark was 2000 points lower ? So i installed driver 7.15.11.7779 again.
That's the best driver for me at this moment.
I wait for the new driver in late september then i can look at 2 screens at the same time with Sli :)

BTW: for race with an 8800GT, you don't need SLi for dual view and super smooth graphics ... I do it all the time, and apart from the trouble with the last driver, never a problem with Race07 plus simview and other utils :thumb:

BTW: for race with an 8800GT, you don't need SLi for dual view and super smooth graphics ... I do it all the time, and apart from the trouble with the last driver, never a problem with Race07 plus simview and other utils :thumb:

I mean the driver that comes out in late sept can run 2 screens at the same time.
That is not possible with the Nvidia drivers who are availble right now.
And i have 2x280GTX Sli :)

I have a 8800GT and my system seems to be running much better today with the new drivers. I was having intermittent problems with Race freezing up, especially at Oschersleben. Now, just need to run it to see how the stability is.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 401 40.1%