Nvidia Video Cards + Drivers

Is it stg you suggest to go for then Marcel? The last beta was a huge performance drop on my system.

p.s.: also i remember you suggested some nice setting for the Nvidia Control Panel, but since the video card change i lost them, would you be please so kind to repost them what was it? triple buffering setting, AF etc... thanks a lot in advance!

As soon as i get home i will post some screenshots with the settings i use.

Here are my settings.

Attachments

• nvidia00001.jpg
    nvidia00001.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 294
  • nvidia00003.jpg
    nvidia00003.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 266
Here are my settings.

Hey dude

Thanks for the settings - haven't tried em yet but something that might also improve smoothness and quality on faster setups and help stop "screen tearing" on TFT's ...
Set Vertical Synch to "on" and triple buffering to "on".
Long explanation behind this here ... TweakGuides.com - Gamer's Graphics & Display Settings Guide
... but basically from what I remember it stops the graphics card sending more FPS than your monitor it is actually capable of displaying - usually ~60fps on TFT's ... which is all that you need really, especially when you consider European TV's only do 24fps ...
Triple buffering on faster kit actually helps increase framerates over double buffering, so would suggest trying with it on first ... read the relevant section of this above article if you wanna know more ...
... remember to set the triple buffering option in your race07 graphics options too (ie the settings for resolution etc before launching the game)
:thumb:

PS another good resource:
nVIDIA Geforce 280 260 9600 8800 8600 9800 GT GTX AMD ATI Radeon HD 3850 4870 X2 - Guru of 3D: PC Hardware Reviews

... has all latest beta graphics drivers and info on them, plus loads of tweaks and utils :wink:

Hey dude

Thanks for the settings - haven't tried em yet but something that might also improve smoothness and quality on faster setups and help stop "screen tearing" on TFT's ...
Set Vertical Synch to "on" and triple buffering to "on".
Long explanation behind this here ... TweakGuides.com - Gamer's Graphics & Display Settings Guide
... but basically from what I remember it stops the graphics card sending more FPS than your monitor it is actually capable of displaying - usually ~60fps on TFT's ... which is all that you need really, especially when you consider European TV's only do 24fps ...
Triple buffering on faster kit actually helps increase framerates over double buffering, so would suggest trying with it on first ... read the relevant section of this above article if you wanna know more ...
... remember to set the triple buffering option in your race07 graphics options too (ie the settings for resolution etc before launching the game)
:thumb:

PS another good resource:
nVIDIA Geforce 280 260 9600 8800 8600 9800 GT GTX AMD ATI Radeon HD 3850 4870 X2 - Guru of 3D: PC Hardware Reviews
... has all latest beta graphics drivers and info on them, plus loads of tweaks and utils :wink:

I know about this, i have tried it but i notice stutters when i use VSYNC, without VSYNC my games run smoother. But i will give it a second try with the newest drivers 177.83.

With Vsynch enabled I run my games at a res of 1650x1050 (and a 2nd monitor in "dual view" at the same time as Race is running on the 1st) ...

EVERYTHING in the Race graphics options is maxxed out ... and it runs smoother than a smooth thing for me, constant 60FPS, with only a drop of 10fps for a second or so or so when I initially enter a busy game :D

No stutter, no jitters, no jagged lines or screen tearing ... just beautifully rendered graphics :cool:

Maybe double check the triple buffering options are set right everywhere (both in the Nvidia settings and in your Race07 graphics options)... one might be overriding the other??
Also try setting "max pre-rendered frames" to "3", I believe that setting only affects opengl, but would do it just in case?
When you use Vsynch, double versus triple buffering makes a huge diff to smoothness of game in my marginal experience of it ...

BTW I do got me a pretty quick machine (despite it being on Vista:rolleyes:) which could also make a bit of a difference, has a 3dMark 2006 around 13500 ... Intel Quad core Q6600 o'clocked to 3Ghz, Nvidia 8800GT 512MB overclocked to something like 690Mhz core and 1990 mem timings ... 4GB DDR2 800Mhz RAM (which is also tweaked a bit faster) and lots of extra cooling 'cos its hot here in summer without air-con in the house :p (might have to go "water cooled" with my next machine :evil:)

Another thing I noticed with the settings that are posted up (not being a smart-arse honestly, was having another fiddle with my settings earlier whilst I was in the mood :rolleyes:) ... you should have good reason to turn the "threaded optimisation" to "off"? ... by default I would set it to "Auto" or even "Yes".

I have a quad core CPU, and most here I guess will have at least dual core systems, surely its better to take advantage of that fact ... unless Race07 has a problem with multicores/cpu's that I am not aware of?
:noidea:

To quote the Nvidia setup at tweakguides.com:
"Threaded Optimization: Controls the use of [CPU] multithreaded optimization for all 3D games on Dual Core/HyperThreading systems. The available settings are Auto, On and Off. I would strongly recommend the default option of Auto, allowing the drivers to set this appropriately for various games based on your hardware. Only turn Off for troubleshooting purposes if you believe a particular (older) game is not compatible with dual core CPUs."
(If you are interested, read all about the control panel settings here: TweakGuides.com - Nvidia Forceware Tweak Guide)

Sorry, don't mean to hijack, but these settings are relevant to all the latest and probably all future drivers for some time to come ... just hoping that my ramblings help some folk get better system / graphics performance :thumb:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 106 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 199 14.8%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 519 38.5%