nvidia surround triple screen setup with different monitors?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Gunnar333, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Gunnar333

Gunnar333

Ratings:
    +57
    This is my configuration:
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Geforce GTX 970

I have 3 Full HD Monitors which I only could configure as a 5760x1080 surround display with the old nvidia 347.88 driver for Windows 7/8

If I change to the newest drivers I cannot chose more than 2 displays in surround option dialog.

Does anybody have the same problem or a working setup like this with more up-to-date drivers?

2. Hiro Abe

Hiro Abe
    Premium

Ratings:
    +91
    I have a 1070 which I keep pretty up to date in regards to drivers and never had an issue configuring Surround for all 3 of my monitors (27" 1080s).

Not sure if that helps at all. :unsure:

3. Gunnar333

Gunnar333

Ratings:
    +57
    I do think that nvidia restricted the possibility of using different displays in the newest drivers. Maybe because it could create problems if they have different polarities and or scantypes.

I found a workaround for it but I don't recommend it because it could possible harm your monitors.
    My monitors are cheap and old so I gave it a go.

I made my three monitors look all the same by giving them the same drivers with this tool: https://www.entechtaiwan.com/util/moninfo.shtm
    So I created an inf file from my oldest display and gave it to all my 3 monitors via control panel.
    Now the surround option dialog lists all 3 displays as the same type and I can use them with 5760x1080 without a problem.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.