nvidia surround triple screen setup with different monitors?

This is my configuration:
Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Geforce GTX 970

I have 3 Full HD Monitors which I only could configure as a 5760x1080 surround display with the old nvidia 347.88 driver for Windows 7/8

If I change to the newest drivers I cannot chose more than 2 displays in surround option dialog.

Does anybody have the same problem or a working setup like this with more up-to-date drivers?

I have a 1070 which I keep pretty up to date in regards to drivers and never had an issue configuring Surround for all 3 of my monitors (27" 1080s).

Not sure if that helps at all. :unsure:

Upvote 0
I do think that nvidia restricted the possibility of using different displays in the newest drivers. Maybe because it could create problems if they have different polarities and or scantypes.

I found a workaround for it but I don't recommend it because it could possible harm your monitors.
My monitors are cheap and old so I gave it a go.

I made my three monitors look all the same by giving them the same drivers with this tool: https://www.entechtaiwan.com/util/moninfo.shtm
So I created an inf file from my oldest display and gave it to all my 3 monitors via control panel.
Now the surround option dialog lists all 3 displays as the same type and I can use them with 5760x1080 without a problem.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back