NVidia RTX Super

• Thread starter Deleted member 197115
  • Start date
Surprised it toke 6 months after all it is only a firmware upgrade:mad:
Buying a RTX2070 6-8 months ago and seeing it is limited to OC by a ridicules low power limited and then this 'new' Gpu.
Yes I know it got a few more cores but I am sure most of the RTX got plenty of cores disabled in firmware.
At least they should send us that bought an earlier version a free T-shirt.
B1vjL6MUg1S._CLa%7C2140,2000%7C612XBRlGGhL.png%7C0,0,2140,2000+0.0,0.0,2140.0,2000.0._UX522_.png

If AMD or Intel GPU gets even close to Nvidia in VR Then I am finished buying Nvidia products.

The whole RTX launch was a cluster.

If NVidia had just scaled out the existing architecture we would have been a lot better off in the near term, but they are trying to do something important which is making the ease of building very realistic looking games easier. Unfortunately during this cross over time everyone loses. Developers have to design software to work both ways making their work harder and consumers buy overpriced GPU's that are not being utilized very well.

Transitions are always painful. Hopefully in 2-3 years we will start to see the payoff, but realistically it will be after the release of the next series of GPU's.

I have no problem with RT not really workingin any or many titles that was known beforehand.
My issue is they sold the entire RTX series crippled on purpose so when it looked like AMD could/would catch up they stayed relaxed in the beach chairs and just released a version with less crippled performance in Firmware.
Guess in 6 months time when the RTX Super-Duper comes out we will see how well they can preform on current software.
Today it is called "smart business" not so long ago it was called by it rightful name "business fraud"

I have no problem with RT not really workingin any or many titles that was known beforehand.
My issue is they sold the entire RTX series crippled on purpose so when it looked like AMD could/would catch up they stayed relaxed in the beach chairs and just released a version with less crippled performance in Firmware.
Guess in 6 months time when the RTX Super-Duper comes out we will see how well they can preform on current software.
Today it is called "smart business" not so long ago it was called by it rightful name "business fraud"
It is not just updated firmware. The Super RTX 2070 basically has the old rtx 2080 core with a slashed price. The whole RTX business was idiotic. They have professional grade GPUs for this kind of shenanigans why not use those? Maybe release the Ti versions for the ultra enthusiasts so they can play with it before everyone else.

Consumer Ray Tracing is still a ways away. One generation at least! But I think my next GPU will be AMD regardless.

It seems both Intel and NVidia are losing a lot more business to AMD lately.

Wish I had invested in AMD when it was obvious this was going to happen months ago.

• Deleted member 197115

It seems both Intel and NVidia are losing a lot more business to AMD lately.

Wish I had invested in AMD when it was obvious this was going to happen months ago.
AMD slogan - Still Trying.
I don't think you have anything to regret.

Fast paced change of mind?;)
But I get it, close to 50% faster.
Well, I was going for team red. But for the price (350) I get a 50% boost. My sell my 980ti for 150 to 200 so that would make it 150 to 200 for a considerable boost in performance. Not getting it due to the ray tracing cores mind you, just performance boost. Reason I didn't get revious gen was that I felt performance boost was not worth the price and of course that made the 1080ti still to expensive for what i was cobsidering to shell out, etc wtc.

For VR it was day and night going from Gtx 970 to RTX 2070 but for race sim in 2560 x 1080 not much difference. Could run them all at +100 Hz now I can run them all at +144 Hz but do not see any difference.
My Gtx 970 was/is a great Over Clocker

For VR it was day and night going from Gtx 970 to RTX 2070 but for race sim in 2560 x 1080 not much difference. Could run them all at +100 Hz now I can run them all at +144 Hz but do not see any difference.
My Gtx 970 was/is a great Over Clocker
I am talking about VR use here. And i might upgrade to an Index so I can use the extra performance.

The 2080 improved, but what I've seen is still no where near a 2080Ti.
It's down by over 1200 CUDA cores.

The supers look like they are being OC'd like 3rd party cards.

Also note that some 2080Ti's have a base clock of near 1500 and a boost of around 1800 MHz

I think we will need to see the benchmarks for them to see how much of a difference they are. They could surprise us good or bad.

NvidiaSuper.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 234 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 163 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.6%