Nvidia driver in use

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione' started by Terry Rock, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Terry Rock

Terry Rock

Ratings:
    +535
    Please post your Nvidia driver version, NVCPL settings and how it is functioning.

I typically tend to use the latest Nvidia driver but had 399.07 installed at ACC release.
    It ran really smooth but since I'd never really experienced driver issues before, decided to go with 399.24.
    It proved to be less than optimal with a 'clean' install and the exact settings...(both in game and in NVCPL).
    If you experience micro-stutter in ACC, you may want to experiment with a few different drivers.
    I reverted to 399.07 and the issue was resolved.
    The most important settings in NVCPL for micro-stutter reduction seems to be power management.
    Set it to 'prefer maximum power'.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Jan Larsen

Jan Larsen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +172
    388.13. Basically the driver that came with the card when I bought it. No issues here.

3. Terry Rock

Terry Rock

Ratings:
    +535
    Thanks for responding.
    I figure if we get enough folks posting what they're using, we could possibly see if a trend is emerging.
    For those who've gotten it running, ACC seems to be running really well...even for such an early beta.
    Most of the concerns about 'slideshows' with UE4 seem to be put out to pasture as well.

4. Koen Verlinde

Koen Verlinde

Ratings:
    +102

But honestly, I have never ever felt any difference between any driver version, I just download the new one when it comes available and that's it.

5. Gevatter

Gevatter

Ratings:
    +163
    I'm also on 399.24, but I updated before ACC was released, so I don't have a comparison, but neither do I have any issues.

6. Rubinski

Rubinski

Ratings:
    +1
    same here

7. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur

Ratings:
    +430
    388.13 and no issue here.

8. dreamer al

dreamer al

Ratings:
    +99
    I have just downloaded and installed new driver 399.24 (previous old 378.92). Slight increase in Single Race fps. Similar in group Sprint Race. Where as previously there was a noticeable stutter when driving around first few curves with the other 18 vehicles, This time around - no stutter (wooohooo - I wont have to buy that new Graphics card....lol).

Graphic Card : 1060GB (6GB)
    CPU:i5
    Memory: 16GB
    Screen Resolution: 1920x1080 (60Hz)

9. unpierrot

unpierrot

Ratings:
    +13
    I'm using 397.64 with a 1080 and no issue (no stutter at all).
    I don't think I will go for "optimized" driver (399.24)
    Hotlap (15:00 clear) cockpit view (everything EPIC - no mirror, no blur) : 60-70 fps range
    Hotlap (23:00 storm) cockpit view (everything EPIC - no mirror, no blur) : 50-80 fps range
    Race 20 op (15:00 heavy rain) cockpit view (everything EPIC - no mirror, no blur) : 40-60 fps range
    Replay (edit: TV cam) gives lower fps though (down to 20 fps for the race)

10. Terry Rock

Terry Rock

Ratings:
    +535
    Forgot to point out the stuttering with 399.24 was exterior view only. In my case...at replay.
    You guys are forgetting to post your Nvidia CPL settings.
    Thanks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.