NVidia 3D Triples vs VR?

I'm curious if anyone has tried both NVidia 3D and VR. I'm guessing NVidia 3D didn't take off much due to the expense, but I'm curious to hear what folks that have tried them both have to say. The few vids/reviews up on YouTube suggest that NV3D is pretty cool, and as someone that normally enjoys running multiple screens for coding and general computing it seems like a potential alternative to a VR HMD.

Cheers,

Dave\Esotic

Lately I've been wondering if part of the "wow" factor with VR can be attributed to moving from a 60hz monitor to 90hz displays. The increased hz is something I definitely appreciate about my 144hz monitor, even when the game can't maintain 144fps. Automobilista does a pretty good job to hitting 144fps on my GTX 1070, Assetto Corsa does sometimes, but not as consistently.

Upvote 0
To me freshrate is very much unnoticeable. Immersion is that what gives me the wow.

I have a passive 3d screen which earlier was my gaming screen. It had it's strong points vs VR. One I'm missing now with CV1 is adjustability. 3d related tweaking possibilities and fov (ingame adjust works with screen but not with VR).

A 3d screen gives better immersion compared to 2d and so on. VR is still the winner for me.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back