nVidia 347.09 breaking the game

Installed new WHQL nVidia driver 347.09 and got this message when starting GSCE, followed by a CTD:
upload_2014-12-26_20-19-59.png

Tried to reinstall drivers (clean install), DX9, GSync, etc. Nothing worked. Solution: rollback to 344.75.
Just a warning if you get in trouble with these drivers too.
Cheers.

EDIT: for those looking for a solution, see here.

Last edited:
I used 347.09 and now I'm using 347.25 with no problem.
If you were not using a different d3d9.dll file in the root folder, then you would not have a problem. I was using the Wombat dll mentioned in the link below in an effort to reduce stutters while racing a field of Vees at Interlagos. It did help reduce stutters, but it's not compatible with the latest Nvidia drivers.
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/wombat-dll-and-track-map.94312/#post-1876460

If you were not using a different d3d9.dll file in the root folder, then you would not have a problem. I was using the Wombat dll mentioned in the link below in an effort to reduce stutters while racing a field of Vees at Interlagos. It did help reduce stutters, but it's not compatible with the latest Nvidia drivers.
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/wombat-dll-and-track-map.94312/#post-1876460
I am using a non- standard d3d9.dll for GSCE and haven't had any problems updating drivers - 347.09 and 347.25 both have installed and ran my sims just fine. There must be a variable that causes problems for some but not others.

I am using a non- standard d3d9.dll for GSCE and haven't had any problems updating drivers - 347.09 and 347.25 both have installed and ran my sims just fine. There must be a variable that causes problems for some but not others.
William and Lou, are you using the Wombat's d3d9.dll or the other one that restores the "clamp" feature for modern nvidia cards? There are more than just one "tunned" d3d9.dll floating around, and it would be nice to know if you guys are having success with the Wombat version, as I too would like to reenable it. So far, with the latest two drivers, I simply can't.
Edit: GTX660 here.

William and Lou, are you using the Wombat's d3d9.dll or the other one that restores the "clamp" feature for modern nvidia cards? There are more than just one "tunned" d3d9.dll floating around, and it would be nice to know if you guys are having success with the Wombat version, as I too would like to reenable it. So far, with the latest two drivers, I simply can't.
Edit: GTX660 here.
Good question, I believe I was using the dll I got off of an nVidia site below (posting #36):

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/529407/geforce-drivers/clamp-negative-lod-bias/3/

I did say "was using" as just yesterday I was trying various settings because of recent postings of bad FPS with the GSCE Vee's. I didn't have a problem but thought I would experiment some more. After all was said and done I couldn't see much, if any, difference between the standard dll and the LOD Pos/Neg Clamp=0 d3d9.dll above. I know at the time I first tried that dll it did seem to cleanup the jaggies but I was also making other changes within nVidia Inspector and game settings. Long story short, I've got GSCE to a point that the graphics look very good with a solid 60 FPS frame rate with the standard d3d9.dll.

im using a gtx 970 and the dll just black screens on game boot. I gave up in looking for a fix to the vees. Reiza told me they have optimised the Vee, so should see improvement on the next update.

I tried all the NVidia 3d settings. How comes the clamp setting on that doesn't rid the need for the dll?

x4 aa in game is just as good as x8 supersampled in NV.]
spot the difference?
r7pqgk.jpg

2je93z5.jpg

im using a gtx 970 and the dll just black screens on game boot. I gave up in looking for a fix to the vees. Reiza told me they have optimised the Vee, so should see improvement on the next update.

I tried all the NVidia 3d settings. How comes the clamp setting on that doesn't rid the need for the dll?

x4 aa in game is just as good as x8 supersampled in NV.]
spot the difference?
r7pqgk.jpg

2je93z5.jpg
One of those is using plain old 4x AA, and the other is using 8x SS??! They look almost identical.

Ohhh, so can you tell me the exact differences in the two pics? Is one just 4xMSAA from Nvidia control panel and the other 8xMSAA + 8xSGSSAA??

Any other differences?

Any special files in use like DLL files?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back