nVidia 347.09 breaking the game

Installed new WHQL nVidia driver 347.09 and got this message when starting GSCE, followed by a CTD:
upload_2014-12-26_20-19-59.png

Tried to reinstall drivers (clean install), DX9, GSync, etc. Nothing worked. Solution: rollback to 344.75.
Just a warning if you get in trouble with these drivers too.
Cheers.

EDIT: for those looking for a solution, see here.

Last edited:
Very strange Fernando. Just ran it on mine and both my installations worked okay. My Geforce experience was corrupted though so I had to roll back to a earlier one and the update it to get the new driver.

Same happened to me.
Also my Nascar Racing 2003 was totally screwed up graphically almost as if i had no graphic card drivers at all just a generic windows driver,
When i went into Nvidia control panel there were no options for 3d or display settings the options were just not there so rolled back to 344.
When i checked my GeForce this morning its saying my drivers are up to date which leads me to beleive they have pull 347.09.

Same happened to me.
Also my Nascar Racing 2003 was totally screwed up graphically almost as if i had no graphic card drivers at all just a generic windows driver,
When i went into Nvidia control panel there were no options for 3d or display settings the options were just not there so rolled back to 344.
When i checked my GeForce this morning its saying my drivers are up to date which leads me to beleive they have pull 347.09.
347.09 is still the latest driver. I have had actually had a decent boost with this driver, gone up a few points with Heaven Benchmark so it may be worth persevering.

Dx9 is not supported by Nvidia anymore. Perhaps it removes the relevant Dx9 files when you do a "clean installation", while it keeps working for people who just install over the existing installation, which doesn't delete anything.

Just a theory.

Dx9 is not supported by Nvidia anymore. Perhaps it removes the relevant Dx9 files when you do a "clean installation", while it keeps working for people who just install over the existing installation, which doesn't delete anything.

Just a theory.
Not sure if nVidia would go this road by removing DX files on its own, but either way, the first install I did wasn't a "clean install". My second attempt was a clean install, but didn't help. Then, finally, I rolled back.
Interesting seeing that there are some members able to run the newest driver without problems. Maybe card version? I have a GTX660 here. Those who are running fine, are running in what series?

Cheers.

Not sure if nVidia would go this road by removing DX files on its own, but either way, the first install I did wasn't a "clean install". My second attempt was a clean install, but didn't help. Then, finally, I rolled back.
Interesting seeing that there are some members able to run the newest driver without problems. Maybe card version? I have a GTX660 here. Those who are running fine, are running in what series?

Cheers.

Was only a theory, which was proven wrong by the fact that you did not do a clean install.

Now I don't know what else to think of.

Tried again some combinations that I had not tried before:
1) Installed with GeForce Experience - same problem.
2) Removed all drivers, rebooted, installed again (full package) - same problem

I'm back to 344.75. Enough until nVidia tries again with a new release. Maybe it just doesn't like my old 660.
Cheers.

Hm, it just occurred to me that it *may* be caused by sweetfx... will try again and post results here in a while.
DITTO: I completely forgot that I was using a "tunned" version of d3d9.dll in the game's directory. Removing it solved the case. SweetFX 1.5.1 is working ok too.
Thanks for those who helped to track this down.

Last edited:
I completely forgot that I was using a "tunned" version of d3d9.dll in the game's directory. Removing it solved the case.
Exact same thing happened to me. I had reverted back to 3.4475 and all was good again. Today I saw 3.4725 is available, gave it a try, and it also does not like that modified d3d9.dll. Went back to the original dll file and all is good again, but now I'm back to more stutter at certain tracks like Interlagos. I want to use the most up to date Nvidia drivers but I rather liked the reduction in stutters that I got from that modified dll file. Wish we could have both.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 335 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 228 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 290 13.4%