Tracks Nurburgring 2001

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there that bumpy curves in the real Nurburgring 2001? It's so shaking!
to be precise, the way AC calculates its contact physics is different to older methods used in racing games and sims, AC needs a denser contact mesh (which is normally an extra layer in the model, and not rendered visually).
If you convert a track for AC you need to address this situation and create a new physics mesh (which isn't a big task either), but this author so far never did this for his tracks, they use the (relatively) low res visual mesh for the contact physic calculation. Especially in corners and over crest this creates lots of sharp bumps.

Not feeling this track at all I'm afraid, needs major work, so bumpy it's the first time I've felt motion sickness in a driving sim. I'm sure you'll get there though.

Hello my friend, great work! Could you tell me what program you use to create the circuits? I have always wanted to develop some, especially the old F1 and Endurance Worlds, like the various variations of Monre Carlo over the years, as well as Monza and Silverstone. Congratulations!!

Hello my friend, great work! Could you tell me what program you use to create the circuits? I have always wanted to develop some, especially the old F1 and Endurance Worlds, like the various variations of Monre Carlo over the years, as well as Monza and Silverstone. Congratulations!!

If you want to learn how to do tracks, the best advice I can give you is to NOT take any advice from Gilles, since he has no idea how to do it. I am sure LilSki can point you in the right direction though and he knows what he is talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 199 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.2%