Nurburgring 1967

Tracks Nurburgring 1967 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
WilliamTRiker submitted a new resource:

Nurburgring 1967 - Classic Nurburgring, pre 1970 revamp

Nurburgring 1967 (BETA)
Original tracks made by Nick303 and Motorfx, then merged and improved by Kackbratze for rFactor.
Converted and improved for Assetto Corsa by me.

TRACK FEATURES:

- 2 Layouts:
Nordschleife
Betonschleife

- Working AI (Still needs work)
- Physical Mesh
- 30 Pit Boxes

IMPROVEMENTS FOR AC VERSION:

- Full scenario mesh smoothening
- Road physical mesh
- Vegetation rearrangement (Only big...

Read more about this resource...

ok i found some Bugs.
first it seems all Cars are Floating over the Track a Little bit.
Desktop Screenshot 2019.08.12 - 00.08.47.27.png
then i got stuck in this fence at Brünnchen.
Desktop Screenshot 2019.08.12 - 00.09.11.96.png
and after that i jumped back to the pits, and my Lotus had turn into a bayblade.
if I find more bugs, i let you now. But for today im far to tired.

The floating cars one is because the physics mesh is a bit higher than the visible track in some spots after applying the displacement modifier (the one that adds bumps) on the mesh. The other two i don't know the reason.
Thank you, all three are duly noted and will be fixed for the next update.

@WilliamTRiker
By historic pitlane I mean this bit they used as the paddock back then :)
In the rFactor version you could actually start down there and drive through the tunnel into the "main" pitlane

https://www.nuerburgring.de/en/busi...ts/event-venues/historic-drivers-paddock.html

Oh yes now i see what are you refering to.
I honestly don't think that's going to happen... the problem is that the pit position for each car needs to be in the pit lane that's paralel to the road, so you can stop at any lap and change tires, add fuel etc. The paddock you talk about couldn't and didn't serve this purpose... these garages in the back were meant for another thing entirely. There's just one pit related position you can set in AC for spawn, the other 2 positions for spawn are race start and hot lap, nothing else. Maybe in the future i can allow access to it, but it would be somewhat pointless because you would have to drive into it, never spawn inside it. I guess in rFactor and GT Legends you could set other "practice" spawn places like this paddock and back garages in other tracks besides pit lane positions, but i don't think this place can hold any relevance in this sim.

Oh yes now i see what are you refering to.
I honestly don't think that's going to happen... the problem is that the pit position for each car needs to be in the pit lane that's paralel to the road, so you can stop at any lap and change tires, add fuel etc. The paddock you talk about couldn't and didn't serve this purpose... these garages in the back were meant for another thing entirely. There's just one pit related position you can set in AC for spawn, the other 2 positions for spawn are race start and hot lap, nothing else. Maybe in the future i can allow access to it, but it would be somewhat pointless because you would have to drive into it, never spawn inside it. I guess in rFactor and GT Legends you could set other "practice" spawn places like this paddock and back garages in other tracks besides pit lane positions, but i don't think this place can hold any relevance in this sim.

Oh well I kinda worded my question badly.
I know that you can't set the paddock as an active pit without having some major issues, I just wanted to ask if you are going to include it in general.
Because I'd love to drive down there and I think its a pretty crucial part of the track actually :D

Oh well I kinda worded my question badly.
I know that you can't set the paddock as an active pit without having some major issues, I just wanted to ask if you are going to include it in general.
Because I'd love to drive down there and I think its a pretty crucial part of the track actually :D

Actually it's there in the model, but you can't access it because of collision polys haha. It's empty though, there's no trucks or anything anymore. I didn't think on including any kind of access to it. I'll consider to modify the access in future updates, but including trucks and vehicles models (decent ones) to make it alive would require a lot of time that honestly i have to use in lots of other things that are higher in the priority list at the time. I'll try to at least give it some nice textures and access for the next update so you can go there ;).

Actually it's there in the model, but you can't access it because of collision polys haha. It's empty though, there's no trucks or anything anymore. I didn't think on including any kind of access to it. I'll consider to modify the access in future updates, but including trucks and vehicles models (decent ones) to make it alive would require a lot of time that honestly i have to use in lots of other things that are higher in the priority list at the time. I'll try to at least give it some nice textures and access for the next update so you can go there ;).

Oh I absolutely can understand and even if it'll turn out to be just the plain empty paddock I'll still be very happy with that :D

WilliamTRiker updated Nurburgring 1967 with a new update entry:

Nürburgring 1967 V0.2, nordschleife update

V0.2:

-New physical road mesh that solves a number of problems:
-"floating" wheels fixed
-Tiergarten violent road bump fixed
-Sudkehre violent bump fixed
-Track border issues fixed
(This track mesh is completely new, made with a whole new method, feels diferent, but with the same overall amount of bumpiness)

-3 first pit locations moved to avoid collision when spawn (I couldn't reproduce the problem stated in the support forum, so i hope this fixes it, if not, tell me)...

Read the rest of this update entry...

please consider adding 2 more pitboxes so we can max out our 32 player servers ;-)
I will certainly consider it. Have you raced a race with lots of players? The pits structures size make pit spaces to be very near to each other. AI struggle to get out of the pit without colliding with the car ahead, i wonder if pit space presents an issue to real players.

I have seen tracks where the pits where staggered to fit more boxes in. I don't really care about the AI, since I only race with real people :D And since there are no collisions in the pit area, it is not really a problem if the pit boxes are a bit close..

I have seen tracks where the pits where staggered to fit more boxes in. I don't really care about the AI, since I only race with real people :D And since there are no collisions in the pit area, it is not really a problem if the pit boxes are a bit close..

The thing is that this track lacks the specific denomination in the 3D model for pits zone. I made it like that so it doesn't limit the speed when driving on it. This affects also the "non collision" condition on normal pit zones. I've seen AI collide when inside pits, so it will most probably happen the same thing to real players.
If it truly becomes a problem, i will seek for a solution.

Just an FYI. I have seen one thing with your Betonschleife track regarding the pit area you have designated. Soon as I pull onto the pit surface to go to my pit stall, I get a red wrong way sign/flag. There is another Betonschleife already done by F3 Classics which has the pits on the other side of the buildings going the other direction and it does not give the wrong way sign. Your track does think we are going in reverse the way your pits are setup. Other than that, your track is fine so far.

Just an FYI. I have seen one thing with your Betonschleife track regarding the pit area you have designated. Soon as I pull onto the pit surface to go to my pit stall, I get a red wrong way sign/flag. There is another Betonschleife already done by F3 Classics which has the pits on the other side of the buildings going the other direction and it does not give the wrong way sign. Your track does think we are going in reverse the way your pits are setup. Other than that, your track is fine so far.

Hmmm never heard of this before. Sounds like a track limit and AI line problem. I'll look into it, thanks!

Hi William,
Please don't misunderstand I think you've done a great job, it's just that I noticed while watching highlights of the '67 race the terrain was rougher, Some longer grass and seemingly less well defined edges around the track. Not sure how bumpy it was back then but I've always thoughts some bumps here and there add some immersion to our sim racing.
Again thank you for your time and talents.

Hi William,
Please don't misunderstand I think you've done a great job, it's just that I noticed while watching highlights of the '67 race the terrain was rougher, Some longer grass and seemingly less well defined edges around the track. Not sure how bumpy it was back then but I've always thoughts some bumps here and there add some immersion to our sim racing.
Again thank you for your time and talents.

Don't worry, i take everything as a constructive criticism, i want this to be a great track, not just another plain conversion. That means to listen carefully everybody's thoughts on it. I want this feedback, is part of the reason i released the track before having it completed.

Now to the point, you are certainly right, i agree with most of what you say. I can comment a few things on that for sure, as it's not something i have never thought about.
The terrain was indeed rougher, i mean if you compare any mod usually the real surrounding terrain is a lot rougher, but maybe in this case is a bit more "soft" because i'm basically using the same amount of vertex the original model had. I didn't want to apply a mesh smooth (that multiplies vertex amount) on the whole terrain because it is a very big track, and FPS factor worries me. The amount of trees alone have a big impact in performance, but i'm planning on optimize that in some way. The hedges in some parts of the track (the real track) were well defined and in other parts were just a big mess, this is correct too. Before doing some big modifications regarding these things, i want to see how's going to look when the small vegetation process is done. There's still going to be some time until this process is done, as i haven't yet started it. I'm placing big vegetation on the sudschleife in this moment.
I'm confident though, that when the grass and bushes are placed, it will look very different, and will hide this "softness" the surrounding terrain has at this moment. I think the rough look of a terrain can be greatly influenced by the textures and stuff that has on it. So i say let's wait a bit more, and see what happens when it's finished. There are some places where i think i will probably have do something about the terrain, like between ex-muhle and bergwerk, but i think this will be a number of places that will need that kind of work, and not the entire track.

Now, about the bumpiness of the track itself, of course i tried to make it in a way you can feel the track in the wheel, and not feel like a boat. In my setup, i think i feel it bumpy enough, i didn't want to make it bumpier because i didn't want it to feel too rough on the wheel, like in a bad sense, rattling and stuff you know. In some spots it feels like almost rattling using some cars for me, that's why i didn't want it to make the track rougher, but if you think it needs more bumpiness, i'll surely think about it.

That's about my thoughts on it.

hi mate,
first of awesome work! the layout is really good. I agree with stef bord, the track was allot more bumpy.
Also why is the steilstrecke not in it? Its closed of. Back in those times you had the choice to go up the steep and dangorous steilstrecke or take the fast carousell. Id love to see it in some update!

keep up the grater work!!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 88 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 62 6.7%
  • < 5 years