Nurburgring 1967

Tracks Nurburgring 1967 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello all -

Was running a race today against AI using Bazza's Formula Vintage F2 cars, and on every lap a bunch of the AI cars swerve into the pit lane and stop. Did some experimenting and found that they do it on all the layouts. I race on this track quite often, and I've never had any issues with any other cars. Has anyone else run into this problem? Is there a fix?
This is a general problem with AI at the moment, I've also run into this problem trying to run a 1924 season. My solution has so far been to turn off fuel consumption and tyre wear, some people on GTPlanet have said turning off the new AI behaviour in CSP solves it, but I personally haven't done so as the AI is so uncompetitive with it turned off.

Last edited:
OK, here're the steps:
1. goto each car folder and see if there's data.acd file, if there's this file continue to step 2, otherwise skip to step 4:
2. use Assetto Corsa Car Tuner, in the Select Car combobox, select the car you want to modify
3. enter "1" (or whatever) in New Tune Name: field and click create new tune (data.acd is now unpacked)
4. goto "assettocorsa\content\cars" and find the folder with the name <carname>_1 for example ks_ferrari_312_67_1 which is the unpacked folder for ks_ferrari_312_67
5. go into that folder (with _1 appended) or the car folder (if there's no data.acd and you skipped steps 2-4) go into data folder there should be many ini files
6. create a file named fuel_cons.ini and enter the following text (an example is in the attachment)
[FUEL_EVAL]
KM_PER_LITER=1.6
7. save
8. try your car in AC to see whether AI takes the proper amount of fuel. if they take too much fuel increase the value for KM_PER_LITER, if they run out of fuel decrease the value. NOTE: if you unpacked data.acd make sure you select the tuned car, instead of the original one, it's created as car tune for AC. (I would say you can move the original car folder somewhere else to avoid confusion, )
9. do this for all cars

Assetto Corsa Car Tuner can be downloaded here: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/assetto-corsa-car-tuner.13946/

Thank you for all of this! However, it didn't provide a solution. I had the fuel consumption turned off, anyway, which I should have noted in my first post.

Bazza's Formula Vintage mod comes with 4 cars - a Tecno F2, Tecno F3, Matra F2, and Matra F3. I ran a couple of races on the Betonschliefe with all 4 cars, and all of the F2 cars stopped at least once in 5 laps, and none of the F3 cars did.

I've also tested them on Spa 1966 - another long track with open pits - and they all did just fine. So it seems that this is a problem that is specific to Bazza's F2 cars on the Nurburgring 1967 mod (and your Nurburgring 1966 mod) .

Very strange.

This is a general problem with AI at the moment, I've also run into this problem trying to run a 1924 season. My solution has so far been to turn off fuel consumption and tyre wear, some people on GTPlanet have said turning off the new AI behaviour in CSP solves it, but I personally haven't done so as the AI is so uncompetitive with it turned off.

Hmmm. As I said in my post above, I already had fuel consumption turned off. I may try with the new AI behavior turned off, just to see what happens.

EDIT: Nope, that didn't fix it either. Very odd.

Last edited:
Thank you for all of this! However, it didn't provide a solution. I had the fuel consumption turned off, anyway, which I should have noted in my first post.

Bazza's Formula Vintage mod comes with 4 cars - a Tecno F2, Tecno F3, Matra F2, and Matra F3. I ran a couple of races on the Betonschliefe with all 4 cars, and all of the F2 cars stopped at least once in 5 laps, and none of the F3 cars did.

I've also tested them on Spa 1966 - another long track with open pits - and they all did just fine. So it seems that this is a problem that is specific to Bazza's F2 cars on the Nurburgring 1967 mod (and your Nurburgring 1966 mod) .

Very strange.
ai pitting doesn't depend on fuel consumption's on/off
try this:
copy nordschleife\ai\fast_lane.ai to nordschleife\data\
rename it as ideal_line.ai sometimes this also works

Last edited:
ai pitting doesn't depend on fuel consumption's on/off
try this:
copy nordschleife\ai\fast_lane.ai to nordschleife\data\
rename it as ideal_line.ai sometimes this also works

No luck with this, either.

EDIT: I said I thought it was just this car on this track, but it appears I'm wrong. I just tried it on another track, and part way through the lap the F2s started teleporting to the pits. So, it is clearly not this track. I might start a new thread elsewhere.

Last edited:
No luck with this, either. It really does seem as if these F2 cars, for some reason, enter the start/finish straight and immediately move over towards the right side of the track. If even one wheel goes across onto the pit lane tarmac, they pull in and stop. I've encountered things like this a few times before, but nothing like this, with one particular car.

I think this is an issue with Bazza's mod. I also have problems with his Ford GT40 MkIV mod on the 1967 Circuit de Sarthe/Le Mans at the Mulsanne corner. For whatever reason, if the AI is driving that car it completely fails to stop at that corner, runs up the embankment, and flies into the air, every single time. Every other car makes it through there. And the MkIV does fine on every other track. It's just that one car, on that one track.

Very strange.

But thank you for your help! You are the best!
For Mulsanne corner I solved exactly the same problem for 1937 gp cars, you download my physics update for 1937 cars. open the rar file goto content\tracks\ you'll find a folder named le_grand_circuit_1967, unzip it to your assettocorsa\content\tracks folder. in the assetto corsa, you will find a "1937 layout" for le mans 67. it's the same track only with updated ai to make them brake earlier at mulsanne. If they still fails to stop in time, tell me. it should work ok, since you only complain about one track, while for 1937 cars they have no less than 5 tracks that need special treatment. of course the downside to such a fix, is unaffected cars will also brake earlier and thus slower

OK, here're the steps:
1. goto each car folder and see if there's data.acd file, if there's this file continue to step 2, otherwise skip to step 4:
2. use Assetto Corsa Car Tuner, in the Select Car combobox, select the car you want to modify
3. enter "1" (or whatever) in New Tune Name: field and click create new tune (data.acd is now unpacked)
4. goto "assettocorsa\content\cars" and find the folder with the name <carname>_1 for example ks_ferrari_312_67_1 which is the unpacked folder for ks_ferrari_312_67
5. go into that folder (with _1 appended) or the car folder (if there's no data.acd and you skipped steps 2-4) go into data folder there should be many ini files
6. create a file named fuel_cons.ini and enter the following text (an example is in the attachment)
[FUEL_EVAL]
KM_PER_LITER=1.6
7. save
8. try your car in AC to see whether AI takes the proper amount of fuel. if they take too much fuel increase the value for KM_PER_LITER, if they run out of fuel decrease the value. NOTE: if you unpacked data.acd make sure you select the tuned car, instead of the original one, it's created as car tune for AC. (I would say you can move the original car folder somewhere else to avoid confusion, )
9. do this for all cars

Assetto Corsa Car Tuner can be downloaded here: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/assetto-corsa-car-tuner.13946/

AHA! I had been using Content Manager to unpack the data.acd file, but after adding the fuel_cons.ini file, nothing was changing, no matter what values I entered. Then I realized that unpacking that way left the original data.acd file. So I tried going back and deleting it, and VOILA! No more pit stops!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back