NSU TTS vs. Nordschleife

stevem

GearGrinder
RaceRoom Racing Experience 1_1_2020 5_14_33 PM.png

I thought coming in under 10 minutes was good until the leader board popped up.:confused:

I followed the #1 ghost and on consecutive laps going into Hoherain Schikane, I was 2.8 sec and 2.3 sec behind, and ended up with a 9:06.2 and 9:05.3. Somehow I lost 3 seconds in the last three turns both times. :confused:
Yes, he did stay on the track. So I would imagine there are some hot shoes that can get into the 8s.

Even if you feel you drive as a semi-alien there is allways someone who is faster.
I learned it the hard way in the FSB league(GTP mod) and later in iRacing.
Before that I had practiced offline - and told myself that I was the next incarnation of Senna:roflmao:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Its better to compare with fast guys but not with fullblown aliens:thumbsup:

It took me a couple of attempts to break the <9 minutes barrier. But finally managed it. A lot of engine bre(a)king* in sector 3. Default setup (not much to tweak anyway), only front roll bar set: 2. And use matte orange. Is the fastest :p (for as long as it takes...give me a couple hours of that victorious feeling please :ninja: )

http://game.raceroom.com/leaderboard/?track=2813&car_class=class-4813

For those interested see you can see the hotlap here:

*Edit: thanks to Emery for that typo correction :thumbsup:

Last edited:
What slows me down is not having every inch of the track memorized. At about halfway, it turns into a guessing game. Which is sad because I've probably done a 100 laps around the damn thing.

What slows me down is not having every inch of the track memorized. At about halfway, it turns into a guessing game. Which is sad because I've probably done a 100 laps around the damn thing.
Yep it takes some laps/time to memorize everything. Does the ghost car help you with improving the corners? Sometimes when I think I maxed out a corner and then the ghost car drives away easily. So next lap e.g. later braking (@Emery braking ;) ) and/or earlier on the throttle. Play with possibilities or just ask.

I definitely got to give this a try. It gives me the perfect opportunity to use my new shifter in anger. Judging by what you are saying about the times, I may be using the shifter in anger a second time... As a mace. LOL

Jokes aside, I took a swipe at the NSU TTS at the Ring challenge. I have a lot of places to improve. One place would be the racing line I took. It was more of a sight seeing tour than a racing line, but I did manage to stay on track, and only miss shifted two times. More laps will be needed.

Last edited:
I have a lot of places to improve. One place would be the racing line I took. It was more of a sight seeing your than a racing line, but I did manage to stay on track
Take this the way it is meant (humorous :p) because Im following this thread for pure entertainment.
But when I saw this comment I thought: With such a slow and tiny "sight seeing car" is there much difference between a virtual sight seeing line and "race line"?:laugh:
I mean - in RL drivers in this car would have plenty of time to beckon to people and at the same time to check out visually where to spend their next picnic or grill party.:roflmao:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: In ancient times when this "car" was driving in RL I wonder if people actually did use stop watches for timing? I mean wasnt calenders better suited?:sleep:

Take this the way it is meant (humorous :p) because Im following this thread for pure entertainment.
But when I saw this comment I thought: With such a slow and tiny "sight seeing car" is there much difference between a virtual sight seeing line and "race line"?:laugh:
I mean - in RL drivers in this car would have plenty of time to beckon to people and at the same time to check out visually where to spend their next picnic or grill party.:roflmao:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: In ancient times when this "car" was driving in RL I wonder if people actually did use stop watches for timing? I mean wasnt calenders better suited?:sleep:
You should give this tiny car a try, Bruno! It's as hard to be fast with it than with a FR X-90! I know you're joking but even if the landscape moves slower, the lines, braking points and shifting points are as important as with any other race car (and yes, it's a race car!). It's the kind of car which needs to keep the momentum, without too much slide, and which is very rewarding.

Some day maybe. Some day.:thumbsup:
But to be honest Im so bitten of the FR90 bacilla (at the moment) that even when I recently tested the Nissan group C and the P21(LMP) to try to prove Raceroom has a brake issue I became bored or irritated by these 2 cars London Bus behaviour(IMO).
Yes yes Im (slightly) joking. But thats the way my racing sim entusiasm is working.:laugh:

All the way back to the GTP mod for NR2003 over the L79 in iRacing and the FR3.5 in rF2 I have been a single car driver.
I get a kick out of being reasonably fast in one single car at a time.:rolleyes:
And for the moment its the FR90. And yes its advertised as 3x cars - but the behaviour and power is the same. Its only the engines and torque that is different.
Hehe so Im working my way through the Leaderboard in this car(s).:)

A slight apology:thumbsup:
By rereading my "humorous" post above I have realised there could be a slight patronizing touch.
This was not intended.:sleep:
I mean. It sounds like I make fun about the NSU and its drivers because the car is easier to drive than as example the FR90´s.
But I guess that it takes just as much skills to get the NSU close to its maximum on tracks as it takes to get my favorites the FR90`s close to theirs.
OK?:thumbsup:

A slight apology:thumbsup:
By rereading my "humorous" post above I have realised there could be a slight patronizing touch.
This was not intended.:sleep:
I mean. It sounds like I make fun about the NSU and its drivers because the car is easier to drive than as example the FR90´s.
But I guess that it takes just as much skills to get the NSU close to its maximum on tracks as it takes to get my favorites the FR90`s close to theirs.
OK?:thumbsup:
Just set a leaderboard time and we're all good ;)
I noticed that Speed Dragon improved again and is pushing the limits of the car. Well done!
And so I have to give it another try...I'll have to add a Jägermeister deer to the orange to find that gap of about 0,5 seconds.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 271 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 394 40.0%