RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I know there weren't a lot of us but that was fun, not a track I normally associate with open wheelers for some reason but the FR2's just felt so good on this track.
Thanks to all who were here and of course congrats to the podiums.
I'm away next Tuesday and Wednesday but should be OK for next Thursday.

had a lot of fun in this one, reversed grid spiced race nicely
it was surprising to see battle between fuel consumption and tyre wear- looks like fuel won because last lap was the fastest :p

That was a great race! I really enjoy the multiclass format, and I hope we can find a way to do some more of it (maybe even with GT4? )
Oh there will be :D
Any case, I got the whole thing recorded, but it's pretty boring (I was on my own for a large portion of the race, oh well). I put together a few clips where actual stuff happened though, and they can be found here!
The VR looks like it would be fun, hope to get the opportunity to try it some time.

I liked the race too. At the beginning, I thought I had a shot at getting into the top 4 of GT3, but I didnt quite have what it takes.

I also made the stupidest blunder that cost me a good position. When I pitted around lap 15, I took fuel only. By lap 24 or so, my tires weren't doing their job, so I had to pit again for a fresh set. Had I took the tires when I got the fuel, it would have been a one stop race for me. I kicked myself for the rest of the night when I had to make the second stop. LOL

I liked the race too. At the beginning, I thought I had a shot at getting into the top 4 of GT3, but I didnt quite have what it takes.

I also made the stupidest blunder that cost me a good position. When I pitted around lap 15, I took fuel only. By lap 24 or so, my tires weren't doing their job, so I had to pit again for a fresh set. Had I took the tires when I got the fuel, it would have been a one stop race for me. I kicked myself for the rest of the night when I had to make the second stop. LOL
Don't know if this will help or not but anytime I'm scheduled for a race of an hour or more I do a practice race equal to half of the upcoming race and see what my tire wear and fuel burn rate is. From that I make my decision as to how I'm going to handle any possible tire change and fuel add and when I'm going to pit. I usually run against no more than 2 or 3 AI cars just to get a feel for taking some of the turns against competitors. So this pre-race race gives me practice time on the course, experience against competition and all my data to make my pit strategy. It's been really helpful for me.

You guys are too fast for me, I mean like 3 seconds a lap. So if you want me to race with you boys you need to keep the fast guys in there own race and put the slow guys like me in my own race with other slow guys. I have to have a chance to win, otherwise what's the point? Just saying this so you know what's wrong (why your grids are so puny). I used to have my own league for years, I know what I'm talking about. You fast guys ruin it for old fat guys like me, I want to podium, I want to win.

Think about it ....

I am usually 2-3 seconds behind the faster guys, but I still race because is fun and community is good :) Sometimes when the there are more people on the grid, I can compete with the rest of them who have similar pace.

Once even happened that I finished race 1st, as I got lucky and beated all the faster guys. @FeltHat can confirm that, as he was breathing down my neck the whole race.

Mario, which race was it? :p:D

Also, another question for 2 servers and splitting the grid, how would we decide who goes where? Whos is slow and whos fast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%