Now Hiring: Join the RD Broadcast Team!

Lorenzo Bonder

Wah wah.
Mic-With-Computer.jpg

Have you got what it takes to become the next Murray Walker? Join our team in the commentary bunker and it could lead to very real career prospects!

Broadcasting and commentating league races is not an easy job, taking a chunk of your day to bring a good time to our fans and viewers by showcasing the best in sim racing in an informative, professional and entertaining manner.

Here at RaceDepartment we want to bring the very best in that regard, but for that to be accomplished we need more people that want to help us achieve our goal. This is not just for commentators but broadcasters too, so we can provide high quality coverage for all of our leagues!

We have vacancies in both commentary and broadcasting roles.

Commentators must have:
  • A working microphone with high quality sound capture.
  • A strong command of the English language and the ability to conduct yourself in a professional manner.
  • Be available for commentary duties on Saturday's and/or Sunday's on a consistent basis.
  • Any of the required games (AMS, rF2, AC, R3E, etc...)

Broadcasters must have:
  • A computer with mid-to-high level specifications, capable of running games on High settings.
  • An internet connection with an upload speed of at least 3.5MB/s.
  • Prior experience with broadcast software OBS Studio (Open Broadcast Software) is a plus but not required. We can teach you how to use this if need be.
  • Be available for broadcasting duties on Saturday's and/or Sunday's on a consistent basis.
  • Any of the required games (AC, rF2, AMS, R3E, etc...)

If you're an aspiring commentator and are interested in becoming a part of our friendly and motivated team, let us know via personal message or in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
It would have to be at an Australian friendly time and not impact my other casting commitments, but I'll always put my name down just in case something pops up :thumbsup:
Add me to this list. I have experience commentating in Wednesday nights iRacing V8 championship but again would have to be Aussie friendly or a friday/saturday night for me

Live streaming leagues for us Aussies is still a ways off until we can get someone who's consistently present and has the NBN. Current internet speeds in Aussieland don't allow for live streaming unfortunately.

The NBN can change this, but not enough people currently have it.

Live streaming leagues for us Aussies is still a ways off until we can get someone who's consistently present and has the NBN. Current internet speeds in Aussieland don't allow for live streaming unfortunately.

The NBN can change this, but not enough people currently have it.
I currently stream to twitch.tv no problems at all. 720p and have viewers from all over the world. Just gotta get that bitrate right and then select the right server

We've apparently got NBN (installed in the area, not sped up yet), but I'm not sure on my computer specs being high enough. Not to mention I'd be trying to race in the league too :roflmao:

I stream the F3 races on AMS on Wednesdays when I can with commentary etc. Lots of fun but I'm not sure I am up to league commentary standard. Happy to help when I can but due to irregular shift work it is hard to commit to a regular time slot.

I am in the UK with good internet connection. Watch any of the F3 twitch archived videos if you want to see / hear me in action. The most recent F3 I was driving as well as commentating but earlier ones I am camera man and commentator.

Not sure if it helps but if you ever need a stand in commentator just let me know. Will help if I can.

I would definitely be interested!

I am available weekends. I am also in the UK and have a good internet connection. This is something i have wanted to do for a while but it was finding somewhere to do it. I have a good computer and have used OBS Before. I also own Assetto Corsa, AMS, GSCE, rF2 and R3E is free anyway. I am currently studying media and i have a huge interest in Racing so combining the two would be awesome to do! And radio broadcasting has always been an interest of mine but i never really knew where to get into it.

I would definitely be interested!

I am available weekends. I am also in the UK and have a good internet connection. This is something i have wanted to do for a while but it was finding somewhere to do it. I have a good computer and have used OBS Before. I also own Assetto Corsa, AMS, GSCE, rF2 and R3E is free anyway. I am currently studying media and i have a huge interest in Racing so combining the two would be awesome to do! And radio broadcasting has always been an interest of mine but i never really knew where to get into it.
That's fantastic mate!
We will definitely be in touch with you in the coming days :)

View attachment 141887
Have you got what it takes to become the next Murray Walker? Join our team in the commentary bunker and it could lead to very real career prospects!

Broadcasting and commentating league races is not an easy job, taking a chunk of your day to bring a good time to our fans and viewers by showcasing the best in sim racing in an informative, professional and entertaining manner.

Here at RaceDepartment we want to bring the very best in that regard, but for that to be accomplished we need more people that want to help us achieve our goal. This is not just for commentators but broadcasters too, so we can provide high quality coverage for all of our leagues!

We have vacancies in both commentary and broadcasting roles.

Commentators must have:
  • A working microphone with high quality sound capture.
  • A strong command of the English language and the ability to conduct yourself in a professional manner.
  • Be available for commentary duties on Saturday's and/or Sunday's on a consistent basis.
  • Any of the required games (AMS, rF2, AC, R3E, etc...)

Broadcasters must have:
  • A computer with mid-to-high level specifications, capable of running games on High settings.
  • An internet connection with an upload speed of at least 3.5MB/s.
  • Prior experience with broadcast software OBS Studio (Open Broadcast Software) is a plus but not required. We can teach you how to use this if need be.
  • Be available for broadcasting duties on Saturday's and/or Sunday's on a consistent basis.
  • Any of the required games (AC, rF2, AMS, R3E, etc...)

If you're an aspiring commentator and are interested in becoming a part of our friendly and motivated team, let us know via personal message or in the comments section below!
Interested in commentating drop me an email with details plz I have a friend who sim races and im in process of setting up my own rig

Hello,
I would definitely be interested in this position. I've been involved in radio and communication at a local and regional level for 4 years and a Motorsport commentator is my career ambition. I have an average internet connection and experience with OBS as well as all games you mentioned other than Assetto Corsa (I would be able to purchase if required however as it is a Sim currently missing from my library). Is there an email I can contact as I have a CV with more information and a few demos that I would be able to send if required.
Thanks,
Peter

Last edited:
Hello,
I would definitely be interested in this position. I've been involved in radio and communication at a local and regional level for 4 years and a Motorsport commentator is my career ambition. I have an average internet connection and experience with OBS as well as all games you mentioned other than Assetto Corsa (I would be able to purchase if required however as it is a Sim currently missing from my library). Is there an email I can contact as I have a CV with more information and a few demos that I would be able to send if required.
Thanks,
Peter
Hey Peter,

cheers for your enthusiasm, surely one of the senior staffers will take notice here and possibly talk to you soon :)

Sending a CV and a demo would be cool and if you want to do it so, send to my personal email as I can't remember the staffers emails here.

Mine is <censored>, but I'll leave the decision up to ya, of course :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years