November '21 Dev Update

Some nice stuff in the pipeline announced here:

- particularly the customisable AI and the addition of '90s indycars from my POV, plus more tire and general physics improvements, etc Nice to see AMS2 making more progress :geek:

Moreover, we are introducing support for users to mod AI driver performances and names to their taste so you´re not stuck with the usual native AI drivers, being able to actually customize drivers from each series with their own names, performance & personality parameters and assign them to specific car liveries.

To begin with, users looking to perform these modifications will have to rely on the good old process of editing text files, which they will then be able to add in combo with livery car sets and share them with other users.
As I read this, we will be able to modify the AI identities and match them to skins and share both with other users. What's not clear is whether we'll be able to increase the number of AI using a particular model (e.g. there are currently about 5 unique AI for Lotus 23 and we can swap out the skins, but you can't have more than 5). Anybody have clarification?

new subscribers ......
giphy.gif

Looks like an exciting end to the year in AMS2 land.
I know not everyone likes the game but surely there's no dispute with the effort the team puts into improving it
I only picked it up recently and, while I'm aware people have their issues with it - I'm finding it a refreshing change from RF2 and AC. It ticks a lot of the boxes for me in terms of offline play, and the direction of these updates is encouraging.

Renato said many times November would be big for AMS2, it sounds like it is going to be even bigger than expected.
The dedication from that team to their SIM, is exemplary, well deserving of our support, even though we might not think it is all that great yet, in a way neither does the team, they see room for big improvement, that is music to my hear.
Looking forward to spend some time in AMS later this month, with my new CSL DD, which by the way works perfectly in this title.

Last edited:
So, will there be some kind of "Standard AI" for MP races with AI?
Because if every player adjusts driver names and their performance to his liking, there should be online mismatches when each player has a different AI.

Last edited:
So, will there be some kind of "Standard AI" for MP races with AI?
Because if every player adjusts driver names and their performance to his liking, there should be online mismatches when each player has a different AI.
The Server will dictate all aspects of the AI so your personal AI adjustments should have no affect nor cause any mismatches.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 365 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years