[Nov 28, 2013] GTL: GTC-65 Austin Healey 3000 v Alfa Romeo Jnr (Eastern Creek Raceway)

Steven Walker

Slowly getting better!
flyergtc65.jpg

Server name: 1 RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #R

Class: TC-65 Alfa Romeo Junior ( Download ) + ( Sounds ) v GTC-65 Austin Healey 3000 (Default)
Track: Eastern Creek Raceway 2.443 Mi./ 3.930 km (Download)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (13 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.20 (13 laps)

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES for GTL. Please read the rules they have been updated 6/11/2013 and post a reply that you have read and understood the rules
Note 2: Only default liveries or the liveries that come with the mod please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: Odd Number Sign ups Race1 = Alfa / Race2 = Healey. Even number vice versa.
Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time (1 out-lap + 1 timed lap. NO IN LAP, Please press escape). If you mess it up, tough luck!
Note 6: Remember the Alfa Romeo Junior is installed in the TC-65 folder.

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Steve Walker - Alfa / Healey
  2. Rupe Wilson - Healey / Alfa
  3. Hans Sneep - Alfa / Healey
  4. Denis Betty - Healey / Alfa
  5. Philip Brown - Alfa / Healey
  6. Jack Smith - Healey / Alfa
  7. Allan Ramsbottom - Alfa / Healey
  8. Silvino Rodrigues - Healey / Alfa
  9. Roland Warmhoven - Alfa / Healey
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qualifying you are too late for that session.

Please think of your fellow drivers. Get out on track with them, watch how they drive, you can't race with guys you have not seen drive. We ALL brake a little differently and drive the corners differently, get used to how they drive and then we can all race more safely.

If you drop out of the server during qualifying you can return.

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited:
Unfortunately not Anton. We have held the races on Tuesdays and Thursdays for quite some time now and it was worked out so that the majority of people could join in. If you can't make any of these nights there is always a Sunday night event that you may be able to attend. We hope that you can join us soon.

Unfortunately not Anton. We have held the races on Tuesdays and Thursdays for quite some time now and it was worked out so that the majority of people could join in. If you can't make any of these nights there is always a Sunday night event that you may be able to attend. We hope that you can join us soon.

Well i got school that starts on monday and i go up around 7 to eat and stuff

Thuesdays is the same but right now i'm testing how it is to work :)

but we will see i might be able to join if i manage to change my mothers mind :)

Sign me up please, and thanks....just one question on race rule 4 regarding joining the track after you have been in an accident. Does this mean that if you have to wait till all the cars have past, e.g. joining in last place, what if you are not sure of what/who caused the accident.

Normally, if I thought I had done something that resulted in someone else having an accident I would clear the track, wait till I was sure the other car(s) involved got away and then join in at the first clear opportunity. I have found that often this does result in being last, espcially if its near the start, but later on, one could end up waiting for someone who is a lap down or in the pits?
... if this is not a good place to post this question, I will repost it to race rules thread.

Last edited:
HI Philip,
You don't have to wait until every car has passed, just until there is a clear space to rejoin.
And as you have stated if his happens on the 1st lap it usually does mean you end up restarting in last position, but as the race goes on and the gap between cars sometimes get bigger, its easier to rejoin,
upon rejoining until you are up to race speed keep off the racing line.

hope this clears it up :)
ill amend the post to make it more reader friendly:)

Hi Phil. I'll sign you up but can you please add your name to the RSVP box at the top of the page. Just put a dot in the "Yes" field and add your sign up number in the comments box. If you hover your mouse over these other drivers names you'll see what I mean.:thumbsup:

Good fun as usual gents! Especially the first half. For some reason Alfas suit me, as despite my usual lack of practice pretty soon I could do very decent laptimes. And while the car's rear felt a bit lively, I think I still managed 2nd place in Q1.:)

R1 start was not good as the engine bogged down on releasing the clutch, and a few cars (Healeys mostly) flew past. Then I was chased by Hans for a while and at the same time I tried to hang on to the rear of Jacks Healey. And no more than that, I put as much pressure on him as I cleanly could:ninja: but did not get a single shot at overtaking him, until eventually he made a mistake in the last corner and went offtrack..
By then Silvino had taken off well out of sight already, I did have a visit from Steven later on, but managed to finish in 2nd.

But then, The Healey....Quite a different car, this one. More like that Titanic Ferrari from a while ago.. nose-heavy, refusing to turn-in, sluggish:sick:. But it also packed some great straight-line speed and nice grunt out of corners.
The change was too big for me tho as by Practice 2 end, I think I was slowest of all. Jack advised to add more fuel for stability but I decided to try the opposite for Q2. Which worked well, I managed a spin-free Q2 lap and set the best time of all 4 timed laps so far. As the other half of the field was not going to set a time, that suddenly placed me on pole!! Oh, no:confused:!! Not in this piece of... err. metal?

R2 start was OK, the car was quick off the line, managed to hold on to 1st place for quite a while, as behind me the non-qualifiers apparently struggled to make their way forward. So it wasn't until about lap 9 that Allan and Silvino came to join me, We had some fun battling, but then a minor slide of mine allowed both of them to overtake and create a small gap which as expected I was unable to close.:(
Good racing fun, despite it not being my kind of car!:thumbsup:

Grats Silvino for the double win I believe, and for showing some impressive speed in both cars. Thanks Steven for the event, and Thx all for racing!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 339 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 467 38.9%