[Nov 26, 2013] GTL: TC65 Mini Cooper vs Lancia Fulvia 1600 (Spa-Francorchamps GP)

flyertc65.jpg
Server name: 1 RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC-65 Mini Cooper vs Lancia Fulva 1600 ( download )
Track: Spa-Francorchamps GP (default)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

------------------------- Race 1 ---------------------------------

Practice start time: GMT 20:00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20:20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20:30 ( 8 laps)
------------------------- Race 2 ----------------------------------

Practice start time: GMT 20:50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21:10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21:20 ( 8 laps )

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES CLICK ME for GTL. Please read the rules they have been updated 6/11/2013 and post a reply that you have read and understood the rules
Note 2: Only default liveries please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: Odd Number Sign ups Race 1 = Mini / Race 2 = Lancia Even number vice versas
Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time (1 Out-lap + 1 timed lap). If you mess it up, tough luck!
Note 6: Watch your driving please
Note 7: We will be driving this track for the month of November. It might take a few attempts to get up to speed so take it easy and learn the track.
Note:8 Please Install the Lancia Fulvia HF to your TC-65 folder

Server password:
click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson -- Mini / Lancia
  2. Steve Walker -- Lancia / Mini
  3. Hans Sneep -- Mini / Lancia
  4. Tim ling -- Lancia / Mini
  5. Denis Betty -- Mini / Lancia
  6. Andrew Beecher -- Lancia / Mini
  7. Jack Smith -- Mini / Lancia
  8. Allan Ramsbottom -- Lancia / Mini
  9. Roland Warmenhoven -- Mini / Lancia
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qually you are to late for that session. Please think of your fellow drivers get out on track with them watch how they drive,
you can't race with guys you have not seen drive.
WE all brake a little different and drive the corners different , get used to how they drive and then we can all race safer.
if you drop out of the server during qually you can return

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a blast :D

Some reasonably consistent driving from me added to other peoples wobbles gave me 2 fun races where I actually managed to race against people instead of wandering round on my own. I have to say thanks to @Roland Warmenhoven for not passing me in R1 at the last corner and actually pushing me over the line as I'd run out of fuel :thumbsup:

Cheers Rupe, Steve & RD:thumbsup::thumbsup:

IMO FWD cars are not everybody's favourite, however, the forgiving nature of these cars means that less experienced drivers (like me) get a little bit more of a look in. Not sure if this was the reason that these cars were chosen, but this (combined with a smaller than usual field) worked well for me.... Nice one Rupe. :thumbsup:
I managed a 2nd in R1 & 3rd in R2 which was a welcome change to my results in recent weeks. I also (to my complete amazement) got pole in R2 AND managed to overtake someone on track (even if the driver concerned was hampered by using the default setup in the Mini). Apologies to Jack Smith for my bad driving which led to me taking him out in the braking zone for Les Combes in R2, sorry buddy.
So, a successful evenings racing for me, but more importantly I think, a top night of fun racing for everyone who turned up. The banter on TeamSpeak during practice sessions was hilarious. :roflmao: Also, it was great to welcome back @Tim Ling, I've not raced with Tim before but it was nice to see him back racing GTL, and good to see steady progress from a newish RD member @Andrew Beecher, well done mate.
See you all next race (where due to driving RWD cars I'll most likely be crying in my beer.... again). :)

Edit: Forgot to say well done to @Steven Walker for the double win, to other podiums and to all who turned up.... Well done!

Last edited:
Well my mother fell over yesterday afternoon and has broken her humerus in 3 places round the joint in her arm :(
A long night in hospital and and again today, 12 weeks of recovery..
so its time to look after her...
nothing changes :roflmao::roflmao:

Thankfully I made it in time, as I was eager to race again. And well, as Denis mentioned, FWD usually is not my cup of tea but who cares, lets race.
Mini first for me, I needed quite some time to adjust to FWD driving.. Q'd near the back, had a reasonable start, had great fun with cars all around: tried to keep up with Jack but failed, Had some more fun racing with Tim and Allan, made it through the bus-stop chicane sideways once (well... I almost made it :laugh:) and finished pretty much where I started. Good fun!!:thumbsup:
Race 2, Fulvia. This car really felt nice around this track, I could find just the right gear for every corner. Wasn't particularly quick in P2, but Q2 went pretty well, think I managed 3rd or so..
R2 start was not bad but still I lost a place, but pretty soon others' misfortune granted me 2nd place, in pursuit of Steven... Or so I wish, as he was consistently over a sec. per lap quicker. Still, this was quite an improvement for me over my P2 times, and I even managed to more or less keep that pace. No spins or other fails meant I had a clean but not very eventful race finishing in 2nd place...

Thanks all for racing, grats to Steven and the other podium finishers.
@Andrew Beecher ,Glad you enjoyed it!
Hope to CYA soon.

And Rupe, sorry to hear about your mom.:( I wish her a full and speedy recovery!!:thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back