[Nov 24, 2013] GTL : LM55 Jaguar D-type (Hilltop Club Circuit)

flyer1genlm55.png
Server name:2 RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #R
Class: LM55 Jaguar D-Type ( Download ) this is the LM55 car pack
Track: Hilltop Club Circuit ( Download ) alternative link( Download )

-------------Race 1: D-Type 55' -------------------------
Practice start time:
GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (14 laps)
-------------Race 2: D-Type 57' -------------------------
Practice start time:
GMT 20.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.20 (14 laps)

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES for GTL. Please read the rules they have been updated 6/11/2013 and post a reply that you have read and understood the rules
Note 2: Only default liveries or the liveries that come with the mod please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: Race 1: 1955 D-Type / Race 2: 1957 D-Type.
Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time (1 out-lap + 1 timed lap. NO IN LAP, Please press escape). If you mess it up, tough luck!
Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Last edited:
Had a great time tonigth, i didn't had the pace on R1 but i had fun on the back. For R2 i missed we would be using the '57 jag so i had to get used to it in the practice session (thanks Tim and Antonio for the help :thumbsup:) i had a better pace for R2 and was at the mid of the pack, had a good start and kept with the pack for the first 3 laps, at the 3rd lap i went wide in the last of the folow.through corners and had to go wide for a while to avoid trees while returning to the track, unfortunately the game didn't recognised me re-entering and didn't count the lap, so i was a lap down, i tried to push hard to get to the guys at the back of the pack but i ended up doing mistakes and worning out my front rigth badly and i lost even more time.

I had a good time tonigth, it was fun driving this cars, they are really hard to drive and i'm still getting used to them, but i really like them.
Congratulations top3 and those who finished, it was a great event, see you next sunday (hopefyully ;) )
@Tim Ling i used the steering lock at 9,5 for R1 and 10 for race 2, i felt more confortable with this settings than with 7,5, thank you for the help :thumbsup:

Last nights double win was an incredible surprise to me especially since I wasn't very confident of being able to keep up with the pace that Rupe was setting. The cars were quite a handful (particularly on the vintage tyres) but fortunately for me I was able to match him and more importantly to stay consistent.

Race 1 and a great start saw me forge ahead and get into first place by turn 1. I tried not to push too hard through the esses as the tyres were cold and wouldn't warm up for another lap or so. Rupe managed to get a great run out of the top of the hill and passed me on the run down the other side but binned it at the bottom.:thumbsup::roflmao: From then on it was a little lonely but the intense concentration kept me focused.

Race 2 also started well with me powering to the front again and staying there until Rupe passed me in the same spot but this time he nailed the bottom turn and gradually started to open up a gap. Looking in my rear view mirror I saw Antonio closing in on my tail so I got my head down and pushed hard to get clear. By about half race distance Rupe was still widening the gap when something happened when he braked for the last bend and he went off track gifting me first place again.:thumbsup::thumbsup::roflmao: It took him a short while to catch up to me but I kept up just enough pace to stay in front and hit my apexes so he had no room to pass.

Cheers to everyone who joined us and see you next race.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back