[Nov 21, 2013] GTL: GTC-65 Lotus Elite S2 v Jag E-type #820 (Eastern Creek Raceway)

Steven Walker

Slowly getting better!
flyergtc65.jpg

Server name: 1 RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #R

Class: GTC-65 Lotus Elite S2 (Download) v Jag E-type #820
Track: Eastern Creek Raceway 2.443 Mi./ 3.930 km (Download)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (13 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.20 (13 laps)

Last edited:
I might be able to join! but i dont know :/

I'm not good whit these time things... i might already missed it :/

If there is one tomorrow i'll join because i dont need to go to bed early to go to work :p

EDIT 1: Nope wont make it :(

Last edited:
Had to leave race 2 early, fuel again...:rolleyes:

Rupe, sorry for pushing you out...twice..:confused:
First time no doubt, I waited, in second only after seeing replay I saw there was contact. At the time I was not sure if it was contact or if you had steered right because you were caught by surprise by my move t overtake the front car. :(

Jumped into race 2 last was a minute thing for me with the Jaaag.

There was a bit of wobble for the front drivers at the start found myself in 3rd :confused:, never done that before !!. Antonio got pass me then quit, meanwhile Rupe got his gas on that left me in 4th for most of the race. Jack closed in on me for the last few laps of the race, we had a good battle
I must admit was a bit defensive did n't want give up my mid pack place just yet. With 2 turns to go made a slip up :rolleyes: Jack took the inside fair play mate. :)

Race 1. First I must say sorry to Roland for the bump in the rear near the beginning of race 1. Not his fault. I did not anticipate that the cars ahead of him would bunch up so quickly and slow... forcing a tight entrance to the corner. I came in too hot, I hit the brakes, but toooooo late and he spun off. I waited of course but the damage had been done. After that I had good fun chasing him for many laps until he made a mistake exiting the last turn and I slipped by. I was able to hold him off until the end, mostly due to the extra speed of the jag on the home stretch.

Race 2. I had not practiced with the lotus and it hurt. Stopped for a bacon sandwich in qualie and ended up in last position. Had a terrible start .... revs dropped real low and took forever to return. I left the track early on from a touch too much throttle coming out of turn 2. Later on in the first few laps second gear bit me three times resulting in spins. I was not that comfortable with the lotus until about 5 or 6 laps in. I slowly worked my way back from last up to 5th I believe, with an epic battle with Paul that will rival all races of all time between average drivers.:D .

:rolleyes::rolleyes:Sorry to Denis who felt a little down after losing his lead but I had to use the old bacon sandwich on the track trick to get him.

Thanks Steve for the event. Cheers to all who showed up and WD podiums.

Very enjoyable event for me because I was driving with others around ... with the hope of passing, defending or doing battle.:)

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 123 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 95 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 90 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.8%
  • < 5 years