Nothing is better than rFactor

Status
Not open for further replies.
When i first heard about iRacing I was very confident that its awesome cause of cost but now after long research its like rFactor that costs 20000000 times as much and has laser scanned tracks and game itself organizes racing leagues and clubs.
So Im asking you iRacers is that really all you are paying for, Leagues that are as good as RD ones and bit more accurate tracks? maybe better graphics untill rF2

Okay, as I've only recently gotten into iRacing, I can tell you, while being unbiased, why I pay the money. Few reasons, but the first is this. I don't race enough. Sure, I love racing. But I only actually "race" 2 or 3 times a month. I'm tired of that. One of the major things that I heard about PC racing while I was still on console was that you couldn't just jump in and play like you can on console. And as I don't really like planning and making commitments to club races, I pretty much do a bunch of hotlapping with my driving time. This has impacter my race craft quite a lot as of late, and it seems I can never do well unless I start at or near the front. Point is, the main draw factor to iRacing is that you can race on demand. I've had multiple races already with full fields of 20+ drivers in only a few shorts days of driving. Sure, the better than console level graphics also help out, and so do the stunning physics, but Race 07 and rFactor both are fine in that area too. But it's just easier to race on iRacing, and well worth money (at least to me) as it's developing my skill much more quickly.

Why the hell is this in the iRacing forum? rFactor is very good mod dependent, still think the HistorX mod is sublime and also the NAGT mod but tbh they are the only mods that can even be mentioned in the same breath as iRacing.

I pay for the whole experience tbh. It's more than people think ie just the laser scanned tracks, it's the way it's run the quality of racers that race it. It's a big ego basher IMO and puts you in your place pretty dam quick. The netcode is the main reason for me personally and the FFB, it's just years ahead than any other sim offers. NetKar has better FFB still IMO but rFactor and even a well set up RealFeel mod is not even close.

Also, the track cutting and the way it is dealt with on iRacing is enough for me to be happy. You don't know how much i used to get wound up at the club i used to race at that run rFactor. Guys just took the mickey there with cutting becuase rFactor let you do so. I used to watch guys lapping and just cutting like crazy to hit fast times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back