Notebook video card

Hi there!

My girlfriend is going to buy a notebook, she can buy one for a discount price.
It has an Intel T3100 1,9Ghz CPU, 3GB DDR3 RAM, Win 7, and after some searching the Intel 4 series video card it has must be a GMA 4500 MHD. (The notebook is a HP Compaq 620 btw)

Now I know those Intel integrated video cards are not the strongest video cards on the market, but:

Is it enough to watch movies/videos on the net, and to play Sims 2?

That is pretty similar to my intergrated video card in my HP G60 634A laptop. I'm running Race07, RFactor and GTL with it, on medium settings that is but i'm happy with that. Mine won't run newer driving games for they are more graphics intense (thats why you have my TDU2). Your gf should be able to do what you asked here without problems. Now if the shop your gf is buying her laptop has internet running on their demo models, run this program in the model that she wants and it will tell you whether the laptop will run what she wants.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/ it is a pretty handy tool! i recommend using it just to be on the safe side. just a heads up, before i bought a laptop, i had a Netbook and i was watching movies/videos with it,but netbooks will only play flash games. I hope this helps.

Péter, it should be fine :)

I'd just check the compatibility with Sims 2 for the integrated graphics, I think the integrated graphics will need to support Pixel Shader 3.0 for the Sims.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back