Notch in centre of clubsport v2.5

G-Slev

Rubbish Racer & Amateur Motorsport Photographer
Premium
I have upgraded to this wheel, and I have dialled in my settings in ACC. However, there still seems to be a definite "notch" in the centre of the wheel - there is very much a point at which the resistance starts when I turn. Any suggestions on which setting will address this please?

What are your settings? Can you post screenshots from the ACC FFB settings?
A notch in general happens when you either have too much force around the center or a deadzone.
The Fanatec CSW 2.5 doesn't have any deadzone so my guess would be that your minimum force is not at 0%?
Did you use a LUT before upgrading to the Fanatec wheel that might still be active?

Also what are your Fanatec settings? When you use 100% ffb and 100% in the game too, you'll have a LOT of force.
You should rather use 100% in the Fanatec settings and about 30-70% in the game.

Is your wheel shaking when driving on a straight and taking your hands off the wheel?
It should move a bit left and right when setup correctly but not go crazy!

Hi Rasmsup i was just wondering is there any chance i can get your in game and v2.5 ffb settings for A.C.C i just tryed out your ac settings i seen on here and they are great only just got the v2.5 just can not get acc right it was better on the g29 with the lut file lol so must be doing something wrong thanks for your time

Hi,

I got a CSW in February and I am noticing a slight centre notch feel about half way through a race. When I first switch on and go into a game it is all smooth movement.

It's like the belt has settled into a position or stretched / deformed during a race. I get a definite feel of a slight notch just as I turn in off centre. I'm thinking it's more noticeable on tracks like Monza and Spa.

I get a slight notchy feel if I leave it off overnight and then move it from it's rest position back and forth. The notchy feel then goes away. For this reason I always leave it off centre overnight.

I have driver set at 80% force, drift -1 and ACC set to 55% with minimum force set to 0%.

Anyone get this?

Hi Rasmsup i was just wondering is there any chance i can get your in game and v2.5 ffb settings for A.C.C i just tryed out your ac settings i seen on here and they are great only just got the v2.5 just can not get acc right it was better on the g29 with the lut file lol so must be doing something wrong thanks for your time
Hi,
sorry for the late reply, missed the alert!
There's really not much to set but I'm not really driving ACC during the last months...

All I can say for when I drove it a bit more intensively: The ffb and the feeling of the car is a bit weird at first and feels "dead", but "stiff and heavy", like I would imagine a GT3 car to feel.
I didn't like it for the first 20 hours of driving, then I started to love it.
So if you don't really like the ACC ffb, test my settings and just drive for a few hours with them and see if ACC's FFB grows on you :)

CSW settings should be:
  • SEN = 900
  • FF = 70-100, set to your liking
  • SHO = 100 (If you got a vibration-rim. I like them at 100)
  • ABS = to your liking (I'm using 97)
  • DRI = -1 to -3, to your liking but not -4/-5, that's too slow!
  • FOR/SPR/DPR = 100 (this just enables the ffb channels without raising or lowering them)
  • FEI = 80-100, ACC can be quite rough. But don't lower it further!
  • Brakeforce for the loadcell: I'm using 40 with my V3+brake performance kit

Ingame:
  • GAIN = 50-70 This gives great dynamic but not too much and a good strength
  • Min force = 0-2% Depending on how tight you like the center. More will give you a notch!
  • Dyn. Damp. = 100% This feels best imo with the CSW 2.5
  • Road Effects = 0-20% Raise it until the immersion is good but start with 0%
  • Frequency = 333 Hz or whatever the maximum is
  • Steer Lock = 900°
  • Linearity = 1.00
  • Brake Gamma to your liking
  • Debouncing to your liking
  • Manufacturer Extra: No idea what it does for the CSW 2.5
I've not managed to re-produce this issue this week.

I'll see how it goes for a while.
Nice to hear! I've never experienced this so couldn't help...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 349 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 483 39.0%