Not able to run the game on modern hardware

Hello, I have a problem with racer (latest version) "racer0.9.0_rc8", most of it seems to be fixed by running rc6.
The game does not launch after lowering some settings from the video settings menu.
On first run without modifying any settings at all the game works just fine at RC6 using the regular exe. on RC8 however the textures flicker and appear to be white colored (can't get a better description).
on RC6 I managed to run the game (although with weird colors) using the NoCG exe.
Here is the QLOG:
Code:
Wed Feb 12 23:30:44 (INFO ): [racer] --- application start ---
Wed Feb 12 23:30:44 (INFO ): [racer] Racer version 0.9.0 RC6: $Revision: 4009 $ (Apr 24 2013/15:35:39) - customer: Internet (32-bits) [main.cpp:206 / main]
Wed Feb 12 23:30:44 (INFO ): [racer] Hostname 'VLAD-PC', IP 10.0.0.3, directory 'C:\Users\Vlad\Desktop\racer' [main.cpp:212 / main]
Wed Feb 12 23:30:44 (INFO ): [racer] Pixfmt 2: 24 color bits, 0 depthbuffer bits, 0 stencil bits, 0 alpha, stereo: 0. [qxwindow.cpp:447 / EnableOpenGL]
Wed Feb 12 23:30:44 (ERR  ): [racer] wglGetProcAddress(glProgramVertexLimitNV) failed [gllextmgr.cpp:143 / check_wglGetProcAddress]
Wed Feb 12 23:30:44 (INFO ): [racer] Render engine using Cg (4.30) [dgpushader.cpp:47 / DGPUShaderManager::DGPUShaderManager]
Wed Feb 12 23:30:44 (INFO ): [racer] DGPUShaderManager::Init() Geometry shading is not supported on this card (ATI?). [dgpushader.cpp:139 / DGPUShaderManager::Init]
Wed Feb 12 23:30:44 (WARN ): [racer] DGPUShader:Load(data/renderer/shaders/dyn_standard_v.cg): The profile is not supported. [qerror.cpp:41 / QShowCGErrors]
Wed Feb 12 23:30:44 (WARN ): [racer] DGPUShaderManager:MakeObject(data/renderer/fullscreen_shaders_hdr/passthrough.cg): can't create CG fragment shader program [dgpushader.cpp:908 / DGPUShader::LoadAndCreateFromFile]
Wed Feb 12 23:30:44 (WARN ): [racer] DGPUShader::LoadAndCreateFromFile[data/renderer/fullscreen_shaders_hdr/passthrough.cg]: The compile returned an error. [qerror.cpp:41 / QShowCGErrors]
Wed Feb 12 23:30:44 (WARN ): [racer]   data/renderer/fullscreen_shaders_hdr/passthrough.cg(34) : warning C7011: implicit cast from "float4" to "float3"
data/renderer/fullscreen_shaders_hdr/passthrough.cg(34) : error C1035: assignment of incompatible types
data/renderer/fullscreen_shaders_hdr/passthrough.cg(37) : warning C7011: implicit cast from "float4" to "float3" [qerror.cpp:46 / QShowCGErrors]
Wed Feb 12 23:30:48 (FATAL): [racer] DGPUShaderManager:MakeObject(data/renderer/fullscreen_shaders_hdr/passthrough.cg): can't create CG fragment shader program
The compile returned an error.
data/renderer/fullscreen_shaders_hdr/passthrough.cg(34) : warning C7011: implicit cast from "float4" to "float3"
data/renderer/fullscreen_shaders_hdr/passthrough.cg(34) : error C1035: assignment of incompatible types
data/renderer/fullscreen_shaders_hdr/passthrough.cg(37) : warning C7011: implicit cast from "float4" to "float3" [%s]
Now from the log I can understand that there is some problem with the Cg shaders or whatever, which is weird considering my hardware isn't that "old".
Here are my specs:
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Intel C2D E7400 @ 2.80 GHz
4 GB DDR2 RAM
ATi Radeon HD 5450 1GB GDDR5
First thing I did in the options was set fullscreen. Then I removed a few settings like the blur, shadows, and similar cosmetics that cause my GPU to scream. After the restart this error pops up. (See: [FATAL] text)

The video settings menu isn't necessarily up to date with every beta release, and can sometimes clobber settings in racer.ini to things that crash the game. Probably the easiest route is to start fresh with racer.ini clean, try the settings individually, and see which work.

Did this problem ever get fixed? I just downloaded the game and the same thing is happening to me. Here is a video of what is happening:
It flashes faster than what the video shows but the recorder is slower.

Did this problem ever get fixed? I just downloaded the game and the same thing is happening to me. It flashes faster than what the video shows but the recorder is slower.
If you are like the OP and running an ATi card, I'd suggest making sure in the racer.ini that ATI=1 (thought it should automatically detect your card).

Also knowing more specs about your computer would help out. from the video I can figure out you have Windows 7.

If you are like the OP and running an ATi card, I'd suggest making sure in the racer.ini that ATI=1 (thought it should automatically detect your card).

Also knowing more specs about your computer would help out. from the video I can figure out you have Windows 7.
So the ATI=1 didn't work. Here are my specs:
AMD Athlon II X3
AMD Radeon R9 270
4GB RAM

If you need anything else, just ask.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back