F1 2010 Not able to connect to windows live....?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi guys,

Can someone point me in the right direction please, maybe i am just blind what needs to be done...
I was able to create an offline profile to be able to save game progress, but cant joint windows live for unknown reason to me. I created a live account, validated e-mail address, but when i want to join, it says to me that unable to join windows live, you are maybe in a region that does not support it, or stg very similar.... any ideas would be welcomed.

Attila

p.s.: yes Brammy boy, i got the game.... :)

No idea what the issue is but this might help.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938705

Error: The profile could not be signed in to LIVE
You receive this error message if there is a problem signing in to Games for Windows LIVE with your Windows Live ID. To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
Verify that the computer is connected to the Internet.
Verify that you can sign in by using this Windows Live ID. To do this, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
http://account.live.com

Hi Atti,

I had that problems as well, so here's how I sorted things out:

First GFWL showed that it used the wrong network interface (Hamachi instead of LAN) -> change order in Windows networking

After that GFWL used the correct NIC to connect to the service but the connection could still not be established. It showed a IP Address not belonging to my LAN and not received via DHCP from my router. I remembered that I had assigned that IP address as an additional address to the LAN NIC and deleted it there -> make sure you have no additional IP Address assigned to your LAN NIC so GFWL has only one to chose from

After cleaning all that mess I could connect.

Not sure if you have one of these error sources 'enabled' but maybe this helps others.

Pretty funny .. it seems that GFWL is not well able to deal with the Win7 network stack even if all other things work well.. :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 148 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 264 13.6%